PDA

View Full Version : Vibrant sound clip

profusion
03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
I finaly took out the mp3 player and recorded the sound. It should give you an idea but I can tell you it sounds alot beter in person.

heres the link:

Vibrant Streetpower Exhuast sound clip (http://www.mazda3team.com/index.php?act=ST&f=76&t=224&st=0#entry661)

If it takes long to download just be patient.

enjoy.

Whos ur dadd
03-02-2005, 11:14 PM
FINALLY!!!

But can you expand on this:

\"Cons:
- On low 3 - 4.5rpm everyday driving the sound can be annoying for some that want the stock like quitness, but it is still quieter then most high end performance systems.\"

Is it a resonating/booming sound throughout the cockpit?

profusion
03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Hmm expand.. If your on the hy way driving at a consistant speed the humming sound can be anoying.
But, again you would have this on any system you get that is performance oriented. I still say this is preaty good because im comparing it against a system I had on my Acura integra that would give me head achs.

This is resonable. The aceleration and shifting in gears is a delight in sound.

Mayhem
03-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Does it come with a sound deadener (sorry, I forget what they\'re called. Resonator maybe?:D ). Basically it quiets the sound down if need be. My buddy has this and I occassionally have my parents in the car, so I\'d need it occassionally quiet. Also for long trips. Another thing...how much is this system going to cost?

Whos ur dadd
03-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by profusion

Hmm expand.. If your on the hy way driving at a consistant speed the humming sound can be anoying.
But, again you would have this on any system you get that is performance oriented. I still say this is preaty good because im comparing it against a system I had on my Acura integra that would give me head achs.

That\'s exactly what I\'m afraid of. I want zero droning. Had a performance exhaust on the old car and it gave me a headache. Bought a Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler and all was good.

Profusion, maybe I should wait until you\'ve finished testing on the 2.0. Know when that will be?

profusion
03-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mayhem

Does it come with a sound deadener (sorry, I forget what they\'re called. Resonator maybe?:D ). Basically it quiets the sound down if need be. My buddy has this and I occassionally have my parents in the car, so I\'d need it occassionally quiet. Also for long trips. Another thing...how much is this system going to cost?

No this doesnt come with a Silencer.

Because it has the rounded edge finish like a stock tip. Also there is no hole to screw one in if there was one that could fit. It is not as loud as the big tips you see on most civics. It is very tolerable and I have gooten used to the sound. I have a very sensative head and this just makes it for me. Any louder would I belive give me a head ach like my old system.

Its quite decent in around town driving.

profusion
03-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

That\'s exactly what I\'m afraid of. I want zero droning. Had a performance exhaust on the old car and it gave me a headache. Bought a Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler and all was good.

Profusion, maybe I should wait until you\'ve finished testing on the 2.0. Know when that will be?

Do you have a 2.0l?

Whos ur dadd
03-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Do you have a 2.0l?

Yep. 2 litres of thunderous fury. I eat Kias for breakfast, Hyundai\'s for lunch and Honda\'s for dinner.

lukel90
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
dont know about the hondas man, stock SIR\'s (Si\'s in the states) will hand you your ass..lets not start this my mazda3 is faster then your hyundai, kia or honda ..

Whos ur dadd
03-09-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by lukel90

dont know about the hondas man, stock SIR\'s (Si\'s in the states) will hand you your ass..lets not start this my mazda3 is faster then your hyundai, kia or honda ..

Really? Surely, I would lose any race because I still can\'t get quickly off in first gear. But I have 148 hp compared to 127 for the Si. More tourque too. Maybe because they\'re lighter?

I think I can beat CRVs then!

MajesticBlueNTO
03-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by lukel90

dont know about the hondas man, stock SIR\'s (Si\'s in the states) will hand you your ass..

the current crop of SiR (the UK built hatch) were SLOW for what it was marketed to be. they\'re very high 15 to 16 second cars, which is on par with a stock 2.3L 3.

i wonder how that 2004 SiR felt when i handed him his ass from 140 to 188 :sarc