PDA

View Full Version : Auto Detailing?

jimdragon8
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
With Spring coming in a few days, :p I am just wondering if anyone here is going to get their car detailed? What would be involved, where could I go, what the prices would be or even if it is a good idea? I have read that alot of people do their own maintenance but I was told that if I go to an auto detailing place they could keep the car for the whole day but clean the car from top to bottom?? :sarc

Whos ur dadd
03-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I\'ll detail your car for you for free ... with my Louisville Slugger, you stubby-stealer you!!!

Funny how a deranged mind won\'t let things like that slip so easily... grrrr!

jimdragon8
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I\'ll detail your car for you for free ... with my Louisville Slugger, you stubby-stealer you!!!

Who\'s UR Dadd, so I guess you are never going to let that go huh? What can I do so that you will not be mad at me anymore????:D How about I buy you a drink if you are coming to the meet?:D

TheProfessor
03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Depending on where you\'re from and/or how far you\'re willing to drive, there is a great shop called Greg\'s Autoshine in Kennedy Road just near the 401. I\'ve taken all of my previous cars there and they do a good job for a reasonable price. It\'s not a fancy place, just a family owned and operated joint, but they stand behind their work and are very nice people. An added bonus during the summer is that there is a dyno in the unit next to them, so you can usually catch some pretty nice cars pulling runs while waiting for your car to be detailed.

I don\'t have the info with me here at work, but when I get home I\'ll post up what I have.

///M
03-16-2005, 06:18 PM
A friend of mine recommends:
http://www.the-autobahn.com/

very expensive though
I detail it myself - it\'s just a couple of hours of hard work

I might want to get the interior and engine bay professionally cleaned though

billyfo
03-16-2005, 06:18 PM
anyone try the one at the underground parking of Pacific Mall, or the same store(?) at Steele and Warden??

mazda3ride
03-18-2005, 07:25 AM
I like to do it myself as well. It probably takes me twice as long as it would if I took it somewhere but oh well. I am now a senior member. YIPPY.

Hypothrml
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Try jetsteam.com, they\'re located near Kipling and Rexdale.

Xenon
03-20-2005, 04:19 PM
I\'m going to give my car a through washinging first and see how good it looks.

The thought has crossed my mind more than once about getting it detailed after the winter. We shall see.

mEtH
03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I\'ve noticed Fine Detailes has popped up in a couple of areas.

FLIPDADY
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I was thinking of Sponge Station in Markham or my dealership. With all the salt build-up on the carpets and my kids crumbs on the back seats my car definately needs a good detailing.

Illmatic
03-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I definitely want to get my car cleaned up now that Spring is here but I don\'t know if I have the patience to do it myself!

There is one place I know of on Laird near Eglinton that offers a \"mini-detail\" for like $50. I might use that as a starting point and then finish the rest myself.

It seems like an internal/external detailing package at most places will run in the area of $225.

kl7402001
03-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Hey does ne one know how to get rid of the little brown rust specks on your paint? .. I guess they are oxidations. They are hard to notice but I have a white car. I\'ve heard of clay baring but dunno if I need to do that yet. Do you guys think a simple waxing will do the trick?

And everyone here is looking for auto detailing ... what do u guys mean really .. it could include alot of different services.

I know a place near my house that cleans exterior and interior for $17 .. thats machine wash, hand dry, vacum and clean ur rubber mats ... does that count as detailling?

S.F.W.
03-27-2005, 01:56 AM
hey kl7402001, where is this place that does all this for under $20?

g_g
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I spent 2 years of my life detailing cars at Oakville Toyota and Budd\'s BMW. That being said i do it my self. I spent 6.5 hours detailing my car yesterday. i think i might have an obsession with keeping it clean :D

Sparrow
04-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I get my car detailed at Autobahn. It\'s a great quality job that they do, and for 225 they do a really thorough job.

It is a steep price, but I only get it done twice a year. Once after the winter is done in the spring (aka. NOW!) and another time before the winter starts. The pre-winter period is when I get my annual rust check service too, which Autobahn also does. So it works out.

In between I\'ll probably pick up some supplies and clean it myself a few times as the weather will be decent.

lukel90
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
wow..i couldn\'t justify paying 200+ dollars to clean my car. i do it myself. take one day on the weekend and do it. play some good music and you\'ll do just as good a job if you take your time. its actually fun. at least to me. anyway, good luck with that.

Xenon
05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Well I spend 5-6 hours doing the detailing job myself. Looks just like it came from the dealership :D

Interior vaccum, Wash and wax the outside.... I just spend 5-6 hours because I get every detail. If it means saving $40-100 (cost of getting it professionally done) then to me it\'s worth it....

Not to mention I love detailing my own car.

mikespike
05-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey guys and gals . just got my car cleaned at fine details at weston rd and 401 . They did a really good job on my car. They did a total detail inside and cleaned the engine for 135.00

Flagrum_3
05-21-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Xenon

Well I spend 5-6 hours doing the detailing job myself. Looks just like it came from the dealership :D

Interior vaccum, Wash and wax the outside.... I just spend 5-6 hours because I get every detail. If it means saving $40-100 (cost of getting it professionally done) then to me it\'s worth it....

Not to mention I love detailing my own car.

I agree, it just feels better when you\'ve done it yourself...you\'ve saved some money to put towards upgrades ($225!! thats a set of springs) but the most important part is you\'ll know your vehicle i.e you\'ll catch any stone chips etc that you might have.

Here\'s a tip I picked up from my M\'s neighbour for winter. Buy some plastic sheet from crappy, the type you get when you\'re painting the house and cut it to \'fit\' your interior carpet fold it at the ends and tuck it under the plastic trim and place your floor mats on top. This will protect against any salt clumps and in the spring just pull them out and your carpets look like new.

U might think its tacky but hey its your money and your car!;)

_3

ilovehottubs
05-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Fine Details does a great job. I have been going to the one located at Mississauga Road and Lakeshore and have always been impressed with their work.

Newlook
05-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kl7402001

Hey does ne one know how to get rid of the little brown rust specks on your paint? .. I guess they are oxidations. They are hard to notice but I have a white car. I\'ve heard of clay baring but dunno if I need to do that yet. Do you guys think a simple waxing will do the trick?

Those are rail dust (try searching \"rail dust\" in this forum), simple waxing would not do the trick. Either clay bar or bring your car back to the dealership and ask them to fix it. They\'ve a TSB for this. But since they\'re all over the car randomly and hard to pick them all out, I think clay barring would be the most effective.

argos
06-09-2007, 03:20 AM
has anyone tried http://www.eglintoncarwash.com/ ??? what are your thoughts?