PDA

View Full Version : Brake Grinding noise??

Saphress
03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Today I pulled out driving on my lil ole way this morning.... and applied the brakes. Just when the car is about to a stop, I feel/hear this rumbling noise.... like something is grinding. Just happened like twice today driving around! WTF?... Akkkkkkkkkkk..... I gotta bring the car in for 16000 service probably next month or so, should I wait or should I be calling them up now???

thr33scompany
03-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey Saphress.. i think this is due to the rust build up that happens overnight.. you hear the grinding because the brakes are trying to grip the rotors with the rust on it. after a while the brakes take off all the rust on the rotors and you won\'t get the grinding anymore.. i think that is normal.. hope this helps

Saphress
03-30-2005, 11:30 AM
thanks ;).... I started kinda panicking there... goin... OH BOY!!! Greeeeeeeeeat.... lovely... my brakes are gonna fall off or something, or the brakes pads are nothing and it\'s steel grinding onto the rotors... (sheepish grin) I get paranoid when I\'m tired, and (laugh).... especially since I got my bro\'d car towed to the mechanic\'s this morning since it hasn\'t started for 3 days now and I can\'t figure out why!!!!

thr33scompany
03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
no worries.. i started panicking as well when i heard that noise.. i called up Niki at Westowne and just told me that it\'s normal and it should go away as you keep driving.. :)

FLIPDADY
03-30-2005, 02:17 PM
I usually get that grinding noise when the car sits in the rain or after washing the car. It\'s normal for our Ford rotors.

fat mike
03-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I have noticed this sound more and more recently. Also it seems although my breaks are a little soft. Anybody else notice this?