PDA

View Full Version : SCARBORO MAZDA

AFbunnie
03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
This is gonna be long, but I juss want some opinions from what happened to me yesterday......

So!~~~~ My car\'s techinically late arriving from Vancouver. I called them about 2 weeks ago and the manager at scarborough mazda said that the car was going to be early. He anticipated that the car would take about a week to come in and then another 3 days to get it ready for me. I needed to know the time frame as I had to get all the insurance papers ready... SO!!! I was happy 2 weeks ago. My car was coming in and everything was going well.. (as many of you can relate to the wait....:P) UNTIL.... last week.. I called them to see what the status of the car was.. The manager, Louie told me that there was some problem with the train.. something about how the car didn\'t get on. (not enough space or something...) He didn\'t even call me to tell me that first of all.. I just happened to check in.. but I said hey..its a dealership.. I\'d figure something like this from them.. So.. I waited another couple of days and called them again.(to make sure they\'re not screwing me over with the car arrival date..) The guy goes.. yeah~ its on the train! you should be able to get it by next week..

So with the thanks for all you people here..(seriously... no scarcasm..) There were things I wanted to get for the car.. things to be done. Example..I wanted my plates to be where the mesh is at the front. NOT BELOW THE GRILL. I talked to majic and reassuered me that all I would have to do is call the dealership and let them know before the car got in. Louie tells me no. he says that those are Mazda\'s rules. They HAVE to drill holes and put the plates in the designated area or else they\'d get sued. I keep telling him other people have gotten that done from their dealership. Then says \"They may want to do something illegal but we\'re not going to.\" yada yada yada. we get on to the next topic.
People in here said that their wheel locks were included without even asking. I said what the heck.. no hurt in trying right?? This lead to a 30 minute argument... I ask about the wheel locks. he says its not included... even though... other buyers got a better deal than I did on the car and they got stuff added on. He told me that he shouldn\'t have to add those wheel locks in just because the car is late. I said fine. whatever..(it wasn\'t in the agreement...) but he keeps getting onto the topic of how it was impossible for other people to get a better deal on the car than I did and also telling me that if I were to pay FULL MSRP he too would add stuff in for me. MIND YOU!!! this is the manager I\'m speaking with. I have absolutely NOOO problems with the salesman I dealt with. He\'s a great guy. Its the manager. I kept saying that I am not calling for an arguement or that I\'m dissatified with the price I paid for the car. Near the end of the conversation, he says, \"You\'re insulting me and this dealership for even asking that something be added just because somebody else got their car for a better deal\" Meanwhile.. he\'s yelling at me thoughout this whole conversation. Basically at the fact that I called in to ask a bunch of questions and requests for a car that hasn\'t arrived yet..

Overall, I can\'t believe that manager had the audacity to first, yell at me.. and secondly.. tell me that I\'m insulting him for asking questions. Scarborough SUCKS!!!!!!
My car comes in next week, and to be honest, I don\'t even want to buy the car from them anymore... but sigh... I have waited 6 weeks already.. and my $1000 deposit.
Can anyone relate?? it seems like everyone here has had a great experience with purchasing their car. This is my very first car purchase and it\'s leaving such a bad taste in my mouth of the procedures of buying a car and dealing with the dealership...

Yeah~~ if you actually read all of this.. Thanks~ I needed people to hear about this~~~ and also cuz... I rant A LOT.. sorriez.. I\'m just still soooo mad! Hope you understand..

majic
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

Yeah~~ if you actually read all of this.. Thanks~ I needed people to hear about this~~~ and also cuz... I rant A LOT.. sorriez.. I\'m just still soooo mad! Hope you understand..

wow.. crazy experience.. and when she says she talks a lot.. she TALKS A LOT!!!.. she can babble like crazy on the phone.. daaaman gurl ;) :) all good.. hope it all works out for ya..

another dealer on the black list :) right nextto markham mazda.. i think we should have a sticky with \'dealers to avoid like a plague\' and \'dealers to buy from\'

Dr Butcher
03-30-2005, 01:25 PM
That\'s too bad, wheel locks are cheap, it\'s not like you\'re asking him to throw in a spoiler or automatic transmission or something. :) Mine didn\'t come with wheel locks but when I bought my aftermarket wheels and tires they threw them in for me... Russell in the service department at Scarboro seemed like a good guy though. I went in at 4500kms and asked for an oil change. He told me they were booked and said that I didn\'t need to change the oil until the recommended interval anyway. He said some enthusiasts like to change it every 5000 km\'s but I didn\'t have to.... I thought that was pretty classy, turning away a potential sale in the best interest of the customer.

TheProfessor
03-30-2005, 01:31 PM
This is a little troubling for me as my wife and I just purchased a car from them on Saturday, but here\'s my take on things:

1) It is not their fault if in fact the car did not make it onto the train, however they could have informed you of the issue.
2) You have a contract with them that does NOT show the wheel locks, you are basically asking them to re-do all of their paperwork for a matter of $30, not really worth the headache that both of you now have I\'m sure.
3) The license plate thing I don\'t quite get. Do the front bumpers not come pre-drilled from the factory for the plates? I assume not by your argument, but why not find out who others have dealt with over there and speak to them, then have them speak to the manager.
4) When we bought I found their service to be okay. The salesman (Don Lee) was very friendly and basically did everything we asked for. Everyone else after that (business manager, for instance) was not as nice. They were not mean, rude, or anything like that, but I just didn\'t feel that they appreciated the business as much as their counterparts at Avante did when we bought there. Having said that, Avante would NOT do the price I got from Scarboro, and I don\'t plan on servicing there, so it\'s no biggie for me.

While I have always been a huge supporter of Avante, I think I would still recommend Scarboro to anyone who didn\'t want to drive or simply wanted a better deal.

Dr Butcher
03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
I don\'t see why it\'s a big issue to just throw them on the car and leave them off the invoice all together. You\'re talking a couple of bucks out of a total of thousands. It just seems to me they are nickel and diming here... Although when I bought my 1996 B3000 pickup from Morningside, I didn\'t even get floor mats. As I was doing my delivery inspection the salesman said \"if you want some I can give you a good price on a set\". The first thing I did was to drive to Can Tire and pick up a set of pant saver floor mats..... It\'s tough to say. If they are giving you that much of a hard time, go to Wheels Direct and see what they\'d want for 4 and the appropriate socket....

majic
03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

3) The license plate thing I don\'t quite get. Do the front bumpers not come pre-drilled from the factory for the plates? I assume not by your argument, but why not find out who others have dealt with over there and speak to them, then have them speak to the manager.

aesthetic reasosn.. also.. the bumper has tiny guide holes and then at PDI they drill through them and attach the bracket and the plate..

FLIPDADY
03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
When it comes to arrival times for cars the dealerships are pretty much helpless. Basically these are the steps when the car is sold.

1.)The sales manager places the vehicle order in the Mazda system.

2.)They then have to wait for Mazda to locate the vehicle.

3.)Vehicle is then shipped and the waiting game begins.

4.)When the vehicle arrives at the yard then they have to wait for Mazda to release the car to them.

5.)The car is then shipped via transport truck to the dealership.

6.)Pre-delivery inspection is then done and the car is cleaned.

7.)Customer is then contacted on when the car can be picked up.

They still should have given you an update as to where your car was.

Now in regards to the license plate thing. It really depends on the dealer, I had mine done when I worked at Avante so it was up to the technican who did the PDI on the car.

Cosmo77
03-30-2005, 06:20 PM
I think that Technically we have to install the Lic plate brackets...sometimes they are not installed if someone comes and asks for it. BUT we are supposed to install them as part of the PDI...its just that simple.

Sorry about your troubles though.

Cosmo

p.s. just so you know...the dealership I work for installs wheel locks on all the cars that have aluminum rims on them...we have had to many cars loose their wheels sitting on the lot...so I think we just add it to the price of the deal in most cases...a few people ask for them to be removed HA!

mikespike
03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
LOUIE is a f...in dick head . He is a scam artist and he is full of shit. I was going to buy my car
there and at the last minute i went to avante mazda. He talks down to you like a little kid.He also promises things that is too good to be true. SCARBORO MAZDA SUCKS THE BIG ONE!

TheProfessor
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Is Louis the balding asian guy (sales manager)? If so, he treated my wife and I like we were royalty. Took us on this huge tour of the dealership, introduced us to the Service manager, etc. The Scarboro Mazda you guys are complaining about sounds like a different dealership than the one I\'ve been dealing with!

They are no Avante though, that\'s for sure.

majic
03-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Is Louis the balding asian guy (sales manager)? If so, he treated my wife and I like we were royalty. Took us on this huge tour of the dealership, introduced us to the Service manager, etc. The Scarboro Mazda you guys are complaining about sounds like a different dealership than the one I\'ve been dealing with!

must be the age or gender thing then.. AFBunnie is a young female.. not to generalize but in asian cultures, the elderly get the respect? maybe he\'s old school? i dunno

TheProfessor
03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, my wife and I aren\'t exactly old (28 and 26).

Saphress
03-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Ouch.... that\'s a horrible deal .... Well.... When you pick up your car, just advise them that you\'re going to file a complaint, to Mazda Canada.... and the other people who have compared prices are legit... frig... if you want me to meet you at Scarborough Mazda for me to show them my slip juss to piss the jerk off... yeah I\'ll do that.

Saphress
03-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by majic

must be the age or gender thing then.. AFBunnie is a young female.. not to generalize but in asian cultures, the elderly get the respect? maybe he\'s old school? i dunno

Naw... you know what it is??? People think they can dick young women around. They\'ll think that we young women are like how their wives were 20 years ago who were interested in dolls more than cars. I dealt with an idiot at Morningside Mazda, (the manager) who tried to rip me off when I went into there. I questioned him... and I remember him calling me little girl in front of my father... god I was so pissed off.

chaser
03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I\'d file a complaint too when doing the evaluation. For some reasons, in general that elder asian (chinese) doesn\'t show enough respect to younger asian (chinese). I experienced this when I went with my brother to shop for his Honda.

AFbunnie
03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the comments :)

OK! So here\'s an update... I was still really mad about the whole situation yesterday and I didn\'t think Louie should have gotten off so easy for the way he treated me. I called Scarborough Mazda and talked to the General Manager.. (Thanks Majic..) Ironically he was just in some meeting with the people from Mazda Canada about the waiting times on these cars from Vancouver.. (apparently it\'s not just me.. its a lot of cars that are being bumped off..) I told him the situation and my disatisfaction with the service I got. His counter-argument was that it is not the dealership\'s fault for the car not coming in on time.. HOWEVER, it doesn\'t justify Louie telling me the car was coming in early. The gen. manager had NOOO problem adding the wheel locks in for me. He actually offered because of what I had to go through. As for the plates. He says its technically illegal to put the plates on anywhere else other than the designated place but if I wanted to, he won\'t drill the wholes as long as I sign a waiver to state that they are not liable if I get pulled over. He also said that by putting it on the mesh, I risk voiding a part of my warranty..(which I\'m not sure is true.) he was saying something about the licence plate obstructing the air intake.. I haven\'t looked way down there but if anyone can give me an idea of that really being true or not, I would really appreciate it.

Also as I\'ve read, some of you guys are really happy with Scarborough Mazda. I\'m not debating that. You may have had good service there. IF you remember PSIVIC, I actually recommended you there when I first got the car. There\'s no doubt that some emyploees there may be \"honest\" but from this situation, it has left a bad taste in my mouth for the situation itself. Louie has no people skills at all. He can\'t get over the sexist barrier.. (at least, that\'s how I feel...)

TheProfessor
03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, I\'m happy to hear that they are finally trying to make you happy. I\'m not saying that they\'re angels or anything, just that I saw such a different side of them!

AFbunnie
03-31-2005, 11:41 PM
lol...

This is week 5 since I\'ve ordered the car... I didn\'t have problems with them before. The problems are coming up now that its closer to the arrival date. I hope your transaction goes smoothly with them when you actually recieve the car.. fingers crossed...

Cosmo77
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Having the lic. plate over the grill might block some of the air flow into the Radiator/condensor. I\'m not sure if this would void your warrenty, but it certainly wouldn\'t help the cooling of the engine or the A/C condensor cool....might cause some a/c problems...might not though.

Cosmo

iconicrocket
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
I had a chat with Louie when I was shopping for my car. Seems like a nice guy. Gave me the whole speech about how low he can go to get the deal.

Prima Mazda threw in the wheel locks for me for free. :D

Funny how my final invoice price came down $25!?!?!? Guess they made too much money and wanted to give some back. :D

I would recommend Nick at Prima Mazda 905-850-8111, did exactly what he said he was going to do, even followed up on the vechile. The OTR price was very good. The finance manager was great too, things went smoothly with this deal. No problems what so ever.

They\'re in Woodbridge, but well worth the drive. It only took 32 mins from downtown Toronto.

iconicrocket
04-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

This lead to a 30 minute argument... I ask about the wheel locks. he says its not included... even though... other buyers got a better deal than I did on the car and they got stuff added on. He told me that he shouldn\'t have to add those wheel locks in just because the car is late.

Did you tell them what I paid for my car?!? Incredible deal eh. I think it was like ~$100 over cost. :D

Louie was the one who told me that they make ~$1460 markup if you go by MSRP, thats alot of accessories you can get.

ellsworth
06-07-2006, 12:28 AM
I spoke to Lou today and he seemed very straight forward and pleasant. After reading the mixed reviews about the guy, I pretty much know what to expect either way. I think thats a major advantage. Im after the best price for a Touring Edition and he just may have it. Ill be sure to bring up the free wheel locks! (smile)

ellsworth

b
06-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck. I have had terrible service from Burlington Mazda & Oakville Mazda too. So you are not alone. I love my car sooo much. However, I would never buy another Mazda again just on principle.

mf5781
06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I bought my 3 with Louie 2 years ago. He gave me a set of wheel locks and two thermal cups even though they were not on the invoices.

FLIPDADY
06-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by mf5781

I bought my 3 with Louie 2 years ago. He gave me a set of wheel locks and two thermal cups even though they were not on the invoices.
Trust me they\'re paid for some how.

06Touring3
06-20-2006, 10:04 AM
This louie guy seems really shady. Nice to some people, and a real dick to others. I think anyone he\'s given something to for \"free\" has paid for it he\'s just not telling them how (probly bumped up the \"sale\" price).

But personally I had an excellent experience with Whitby Mazda...got wheel locks for free :) and my bill of sale at delivery was less than the bill fo sale i recieved when making the deal (only by a few cents but it\'s the principal of the matter).

I would highly recommend Whitby Mazda, friendly staff (salesman and managers as a whole) and they make you feel like buying the car is something YOU want to do rather than what they WANT you to do

My $0.02

TheProfessor
06-20-2006, 10:22 AM
I dealt with Louie a few years back and while he was perfectly nice and friendly with me I just got a bad vibe from the guy.

mf5781
06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Originally posted by mf5781

Trust me they\'re paid for some how.

I know. But what I meant was he\'s really nice to me. He needed not give me anything after I agreed on the price. But he still gave me those things when I picked up the car.

chunkinstien
07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Well having dealt with Louie for my m3 purchase, I had a great experience.

He was very up front, which was the opposite from an experience I had at Scarborough Mitsubuishi. The guy there tried to keep my wifes bank card, so we could get sucked into a lease for a Lancer Raliart. Actually I liked that car, but the 3 was far superior in fit and finish.

Well Louie took us for a test drive, and I told him straight up I was still shopping around, and we didn\'t even get to the numbers and stuff.

My Ford actually blew up on the DVP, on a Friday of a long weekend, and I knew that it would be a while to get the deal done for the 3. I took a cab to Scarborough Mazda, I had $2000 down, and we did the primary deal on the Friday. Came back Saturday to do the warantee stuff, and other options, then signed the papers.

I asked Louie to try to rush it if possible, as we were carless in Scarborough, which was pretty crappy for a long weekend.

Louie got us the car on Tuesday! Think about the time frame there, I signed the papers on Friday @ 3:00 , and we had the car on Tuesday! (with the holiday on Monday)

I would recomend Scarborough to anyone, that being said I haven\'t had my first service yet, so I\'ll post how that goes.

TheProfessor
07-17-2006, 10:01 AM
While that is a great turn around, I don\'t think it\'s too out of the ordinary if the dealer has the car on the lot.

chunkinstien
07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree, but.... (always a but..)

I called them today about the trip cpu, meaning my \"remaining KM\'s\" feature didn\'t work, and the people at the dealership made it seem like they had no idea about this common problem.

That being said, I am dropping it off sometime this week hopefully, as I\'m blasting out to New Brunswick next week.

yee haw, finally a road trip I am looking forward to!

Chuckie
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Your trip computer doesn\'t work?
When I got mine two weeks ago. it works

TheProfessor
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
All of the early 2006\'s had the \'km remainging\' feature not working. It is a quick fix that I had done at Mazda of Toronto. If Scarboro isn\'t aware of it I\'d be worried.

jaguar
07-17-2006, 10:34 PM
just wanted to add my comment regarding louie.

I actually purchased my car from agincourt mazda and was very unhappy with the wait of my car and how I was treated by the salesman. It got to a point where I just wanted the car from another dealership so I called in to scarboro mazda to see if they have my car on the lot. I informed louie of my situtation and he recommended that I stick with agincourt mazda instead of hopping over to his dealership since he can be sued for \"stealing\" a customer. He then asked me for my VIN # to check the status of my vehicle b/c the manager at agincourt mazda couldnt give me ne thing exact. Well I gotta say louie gave me a lot of legal info and general info regarding mazda\'s delivery of vehicles. Thats just my experience

chunkinstien
07-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TheProfessor

All of the early 2006\'s had the \'km remainging\' feature not working. It is a quick fix that I had done at Mazda of Toronto. If Scarboro isn\'t aware of it I\'d be worried.

I\'m just going to bring it in, I read about that glitch all over the place, and it stuck me as a bit \"strange\" they way the service dude right away said \"well, we may need to order a part\"

hmmmmm......

Chuckie
07-18-2006, 12:59 AM
my car is pretty early. build date Dec.05
im still a bit ticked off that it sat in a lot for 7 months. oh well.

TheProfessor
07-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Chuckie

my car is pretty early. build date Dec.05
im still a bit ticked off that it sat in a lot for 7 months. oh well.

Considering the colour/configuration of your car I\'m shocked it lasted that long.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by chunkinstien

Originally posted by TheProfessor

I\'m just going to bring it in, I read about that glitch all over the place, and it stuck me as a bit \"strange\" they way the service dude right away said \"well, we may need to order a part\"

hmmmmm......

Should have been looked after as part of the PDI.

Let\'s hope they didn\'t miss anything else.

Whole fix should take less than a hour if I recall.