PDA

View Full Version : NOISE FROM THE BRAKES WHEN STOPPING

mikespike
03-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Does anyone have this problem. When i am driving there is no noise , then when i put the brakes on and come to a stop i hear a knocking sound or a klunk coming from the rear .

Jay3
03-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I had the exact same sound right before winter. Took it to Markham Mazda and they couldn\'t figure out what it was. It\'s fixed itself over the winter though as the clunk has disappeared. Wish I could help more.

mazda3boss
03-31-2005, 09:54 PM
i had teh same problem, it was really loud and it was befor ethe winter, i took my car to the dealership and they sia dit was normal, now they dont make any noise, although the same day i took it to check engine, it was makin a screechin noise, some sorta cricket sound, like i am in a farm field at night lol

any of u get that noise??, they said its normal but i only get that when its a wet day

mazda3ride
04-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I had this problem. A few days before taking it in to get it checked the noise disappeared and has not haapened since. I think FLIPSPEED is currently experiencing this problem.

Xenon
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I don\'t get anything like this happening...

I do notice on occasion that sometimes I have to apply the brakes harder than usual. It feels like the power brakes sometimes is weaker than normal. I\'m not sure what it is, but if I let go of the brake and step on it again, it seems normal. I think it might have just been ice buildup on the pad during winter driving or something..,

Nevertheless when I go for my 32000 KM checkup, I will ask them to take a good look at the brakes.

mazda3boss
04-15-2005, 11:41 PM
to tell u somethin now, i am goin to dealership to check my driver side rear break pad, i have ALOT of break dust on the rim and seems to be breaking buy it self, my car seems slower now too, i took a look at it and looks thin already, i\'ma need a new one i think

Geologic
04-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Before I got my 3 (today) :p my old 2001 corolla had that exact same problem. The only difference is that it only happens the first time I pressed on the breaks after starting up the car and driving so after hitting the stop sign on my street it would be fine.

Hypothrml
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
I just notice the same clunking noise from the rear this morning, hopefully it will go away.

mazda3boss
04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
well i took my car to get brakes looked at today cause they were basically breakin by them selves sometimes, lightly though, and they are almost done, except this dealership doesn\'t know anythin, they said everythin is fine and the pads are still good, ya right all i know is my noise is gone and its breaks better than before