PDA

View Full Version : Vent Visors

FLIPDADY
04-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Does anybody have them installed on their 3? I\'m debating on wether or not to buy them.

bluntman
04-01-2005, 08:37 AM
I was seriously thinking about getting them since I had them on my previous vehicle, a Toyota RAV4. However, after having gone through the Metropass gate at Yorkdale coupled with my seating position, I may end up scraping my head on the edge of the Ventvisor everytime I swipe my car. Not a good thing. I still prefer the look of the JDM rain guards over the domestic equivalents, although their price is outrageous!

FLIPDADY
04-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I never thought about that Arthur. I\'m just wondering if it will match the factory moonroof deflector too. I just ordered them and they\'ll arrive today. I\'ll post up some pics when I install them.

bluntman
04-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I bought the moonroof deflector from Raymond @ Avante RH. I was surprised to find that they went down in price from the last time I checked with him. Previously the deflector was just under $100 before taxes, I think I paid $69 with club discount before taxes just a couple of weeks ago.

FLIPDADY
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
The reason why the price went down was that the 3 and the 6 now share the same part number.

chaser
04-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I like the clean look of the JDM version too. I\'d rain visors on my previous ride and they did a very good job except scraping my hands sometimes.

FLIPDADY
04-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Finally got the pics up. The fit is perfect and they look great on the car. I had to dry-fit it on the car first before removing the 2-sided tape. Slight improvement on the wind noise and it keeps the rain out when the window is left slightly open and no interference.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2128047631

majic
04-16-2005, 12:39 PM
and for those who do not have/want imagestation acount

click here :) (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2128047631&mode=invite)

car_demon
04-18-2005, 07:06 PM
It would be neat to scuff em up and colour match to the exteriour car colour too.

Redhouse
05-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I had a set for my hatchback. I removed them about a week after i got the car.
There was one occurance where i tried to roll down the passenger side window and the interference between the window and the weatherflector was so much that the window did not move. I had to gently assist the window down with my hand to get it to work. Unacceptable!. Plus they cause a portion of your field of view to become distorted as the light bends through the resins in the weatherflector. Oh and to boot, it will scratch the rubber on your window sills if the little tape safety strip on the bottom edge decides to slide off (this is for the front windows on a HB). They were weatherflector brand anyway, maybe i can give them away to someone.