PDA

View Full Version : Sizing for windshield wipers

ZoomZoom Girl
04-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok. I\'m looking for the new Reflex wipers and they are pretty hard to locate, to say the least. I\'ve read about people buying 1 size up (22\" and 20\") and others who buy 1 size down (20\" and 18\") from the size of our stock wipers (21\" and 19\"). Apparently there\'s an issue with most types of wipers placed on the Mazda3 in that they don\'t reach all areas and streaking remains. What do you think? Just buy the stock size or opt for 1 size up/down?

wtom
04-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Heya!!!!! Oops, your email is still sitting in my Inbox at home since Smurf knows when...

You had originally bought 22\" and 19\"... you\'ve forgotten?

Last few posts here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=324&page=3).

ZoomZoom Girl
04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey Warren! I bought 22\" and 18\" in winter teflon blades but now want a more all-season blade. Actually, I bought the 21\" size Reflex wiper (driver side) and cannot locate the 19\" size for the passenger side. Sudbury has 17\" and down, then 21\" and up, nothing in between. If I have the option of buying the 18\" to 20\" (when they finally come in), that gives me more leeway. However, I don\'t know how well the \"non-stock\" sizes work in comparison to the 19\". I was holding off installing the driver side wiper until I got the set, but I think I\'ll go ahead and put it on. Dying to see how it works and if it lives up to all the hype....