PDA

View Full Version : Tein basic or mazdaspeed shocks+prokit.....

chu315
04-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Wt u guys/ girls think tein basic or mazdaspeed shocks+aftermarket springs. thz..........:)

chaser
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Coilover (Tein)
- $1470 (Tires23), lower if more than 10 ppl will buy
- Adjustable - one of the main reasons for me to consider coilover if I\'d touch my suspension.
- Good for ppl who know how to tune for best handling while it\'s safe for the road condition

Springs + Shocks/Stucts
- Tein springs: $200-230 (Tires23 again) MazdaSpeed shocks: ~$500 here (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=3299&s iteid=213989&categoryID=58547&subcat1=73844)
- Non-adjustable - may not get too low if you don\'t want to get stuck in snow.

Some say coilover gives stiffer ride and some say spring/shock does. I guess it depends on brand/type. If you know and you\'ll tune the suspension AND you\'ve the money to spend, go for coilover. I never touch my suspension before, so my info may not be 100% correct. Anyway, before you\'ll touch your suspension, you should upgrade your tires first. My $.02 :)

EDIT: Price for shocks edited

Tires23
04-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by chu315

Wt u guys/ girls think tein basic or mazdaspeed shocks+aftermarket springs. thz..........:)

Hello CHU315:
We got your PM, but we are able to send PM, something wrong with the PM box.
Can you please email us at sales@tires23.com if you have question regarding the spring and coilover.
Thank you

chu315
04-06-2005, 01:50 PM
thz chaser :)

///M
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by chaser

Coilover (Tein)
- $1470 (Tires23), lower if more than 10 ppl will buy
- Adjustable - one of the main reasons for me to consider coilover if I\'d touch my suspension.
- Good for ppl who know how to tune for best handling while it\'s safe for the road condition

Springs + Shocks/Stucts
- Tein springs: $200-230 (Tires23 again) MazdaSpeed shocks: ~$250 here (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=3299&s iteid=213989&categoryID=58547&subcat1=73844)
- Non-adjustable - may not get too low if you don\'t want to get stuck in snow.

Some say coilover gives stiffer ride and some say spring/shock does. I guess it depends on brand/type. If you know and you\'ll tune the suspension AND you\'ve the money to spend, go for coilover. I never touch my suspension before, so my info may not be 100% correct. Anyway, before you\'ll touch your suspension, you should upgrade your tires first. My $.02 :)

I was originally going to get coilovers but have since decided to do the full springs/shocks/swaybars thing - which actually costs considerably less than coilovers.

The main reason why I originally wanted coilovers were because there were no reasonably priced shocks at the time - buying springs/shocks costed nearly as much as the coilovers (Corksport and Japanparts were selling the MS shocks for over CAD$800).

Adjustability isn\'t much of an issue for me, especially given that the Tein Basic kit is only height and not damping adjustable. The height adjustment isn\'t particularly useful IMO since I planned to run them at the same setting all year round (probably the lowest setting).

For the record - I currently have a 2\" drop - springs on stock shocks. I\'ve had this setup since July 2004 and have since put over 25000km on it. Rides exactly like stock (for an un-biased opinion ask lukel90 - took him for a spin in my car) - if anything - I\'m looking to go stiffer with the new setup. No siginificant problems in winter either.

edit: in the link you posted the shocks are priced individually - it\'s closer to $450-500 for 4 shocks

chaser
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by autoexe
edit: in the link you posted the shocks are priced individually - it\'s closer to $450-500 for 4 shocks

You\'re right. $250 for a set (4) is too good to be true.

mEtH
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
With a coilover setup though you can also adjust it so it sits just right over the wheels, dont end up with any weird gaps that springs might have. Maybe not low enough in front or the back, possibly even the other way around. Thats the reason I want the coilovers, to set the height jussttt right.

There are also no specs for these shocks that I am seeing. No size or anything anywhere it seems. The mazdaspeed springs are built at 1.25 drop I think I read somewhere. So if yah stick with a spring set within that range the shocks will do yah good.

Fuman
05-16-2005, 02:36 PM
mazdaspeed products wont affect ur warranty, or is that a myth