PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the FOB!

Hypothrml
04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
You guys know when you press lock on the FOB the lights blink to indicated your car is locked and when pressed again it honks. Recently when I go to press on the FOB the second time the horn stays on and its constant sound, I would have to play around with the button in order to make it stop. Has anyone experienced this?

chaser
04-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Hypothrml

I would have to play around with the button in order to make it stop.

How (if it\'s not too complicated)? Have you tried the other FOB?

I\'d Code alarm system on my previous ride. When the battery in the FOB is almost done, the system will siren or give some warning sound when I arm the system. I don\'t know if the 3\'s system will do the same or not.

black305
04-08-2005, 01:15 AM
happy to say it\'s never happened to me. i\'m with chaser, try your second fob
doesn\'t the panic button make the horn go off constantly??

Hypothrml
04-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I did try the second FOB, same problem!

wtom
04-08-2005, 11:03 AM
What happens if you exit your car but lock the doors from the on-door power lock? That will arm the system too, but will your horn still give the constant blaring notification?

black305
04-09-2005, 12:45 AM
second fob too, eh?
i guess you\'ll be paying a visit to your friendly neighbourhood dealership sometime...

Dave_The_BMXER
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey did you ever resolve this problem? Mine started doing this too.

It was a nice wake up at 9am when running out to grab something from my car in Muskoka.

p-o-g-i
07-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Oh..... problem with the "key" FOB...... nevermind.:chuckle

(.... and here I was just about to come to the aid of a fellow countrymen :chuckle)

x_o_k_x
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
if not battery, then maybe reprogramming will help?

Dave_The_BMXER
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Its actually not just my fob... I made the mistake of hitting my horn yesterday to say goodbye to someone.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

mit-gee-mui
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh..... problem with the "key" FOB...... nevermind.:chuckle

(.... and here I was just about to come to the aid of a fellow countrymen :chuckle)

I'm sorry, but I can't stop LAUGHING at this......:chuckle

:gone

(At least it didn't say "SOB". S = "still" in this case, NOT the other meaning of those three letters!)

:loco:chuckle