PDA

View Full Version : License plate on mesh..

AFbunnie
04-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know if you put the license plate on the mesh part instead of the bumper that it voids part of your warranty because it doesn\'t allow some air intake?? I\'m picking my car up on tuesday and I have to make a final decision on whether or not I want them to drill holes on my bumper or not...

bluntman
04-09-2005, 11:46 AM
It will not void the warranty, the intake isn\'t even there, it\'s in front of the driver\'s side front wheel...just the dealer feeding you more lines.

OTUA YM
04-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I just purchased my car last week from Westowne.
I asked them not to install the plate holder on the front bumper.
He said no problem, and wrote on the invoice \"do not put on front plate bracket\".
He didn\'t say it would void the warranty, so I assume its okay. :p

AFbunnie
04-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah... he said it was no problem but I have to sign some waiver stating that they\'re not liable and if there is a problem with certain parts (which they will detail..) that the warranty will be voided... should I sign it??

bluntman
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

Yeah... he said it was no problem but I have to sign some waiver stating that they\'re not liable and if there is a problem with certain parts (which they will detail..) that the warranty will be voided... should I sign it??

Just sign it and take it for service at another dealer. Any dealer who gives you this much grief over something so trivial does not deserve anyone\'s \"patronage\".

PlatMS6
04-09-2005, 11:19 PM
lol dont sign anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

just tell em that u will put it inside near the windshield or something, its none of their business :sarc

***do not sign anything giving them the right to void something before you even buy your car***