PDA

View Full Version : I need XENON Hids

wab8611
04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
ok .. i was going to pick up my car today.. but guess what.. no insuramce..since they want to cahrge me 13000 for the year.. so i got with another company and im pickin up my black mica 3 on monday. the first mod i want is HID\'s. but i dont know which ones to buy and where to buy them from.. so if anyone is willing to help me, please put in you input..

:D

lukel90
04-16-2005, 08:40 PM
well, theres a little button up top \'SEARCH\" that posseses all the knowledge you need. Click it. But since im feeling nice, id go for xenonexperts 5000k polarion kit. Im a little biased since thats what i have, but im totally satisfied. Go to xenonexpert.com. Theres more suppliers on these boards that you could also check out. Hids is one thing that we actually have a selection on, so good luck and tell us what you got, with pictures.

bluntman
04-16-2005, 10:03 PM
...and go to Lockdown to have them installed!

wab8611
04-16-2005, 11:11 PM
i see several types of Hids on xenonexperts website.. so i was wondering if it is the xtec5000k that i should choose

majic
04-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by lukel90

well, theres a little button up top \'SEARCH\" that posseses all the knowledge you need. Click it. But since im feeling nice, id go for xenonexperts 5000k polarion kit. Im a little biased since thats what i have, but im totally satisfied. Go to xenonexpert.com. Theres more suppliers on these boards that you could also check out. Hids is one thing that we actually have a selection on, so good luck and tell us what you got, with pictures.

lol :) that\'s so nice of you.. here i\'ll even add the link since i\'ve done it like 3 times today already :)

search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php)

i\'ll sum it up (ROUGH pricing)

xtecusa/jim -> xtec manufacturer, i don\'t think he sels anymore but he pushes it out to devin98 and oliver (afaik) when he did sell they were $260USD
oliver/m3-gt -> polarion/phillips and xtec ($500-$600USD and $350USD respectively
matt/umnitza -> prolumen kits ($260USD)
devin98/xenonstore -> prolumen and xtec.. $320USD

Xenon
04-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I have an Xtec 5000K HID Kit. Amazing Output.definately a (literal) night and day difference.

Just a few pointers about choosing an HID Kit:

4300 K Provides the MOST OUTPUT. Anything higher or lower reduces output but changes colour. 4300K is a super white light. Lower is more yellow, higher is more blue/purple.

The Sun\'s light is about 5370K. Like I said 4300 Produces the MOST LIGHT, but a kit in the 5370K area would represent sunlight the best. Depends on what you want, more light or more sunlight colour?

6000K your light becomes more purplish.

8000+K is just insanely blue and output will be greatly reduced, probably similar to stock (non-HID) output. You may also run into law enforcement issues as anything higher than 6000K may attract attention from police because of the colour (The law states that headlight colour should be WHITE).

Most OEM HIDs (HIDs that come with the car, ie. BMW, Mercedes Porsche etc.) are usually around 4300K-4700K.

silversurfer
06-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi Xenon,

I\'m getting really close to purchasing some HID\'s. I also want the XTEC 5000K kit but after reading some of the forums I\'ve heard that xtec kits have a tendency to fail. I was just wondering whether you have experienced any problems with yours?

Thanks

chaser
06-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by silversurfer
Hi Xenon,

I\'m getting really close to purchasing some HID\'s. I also want the XTEC 5000K kit but after reading some of the forums I\'ve heard that xtec kits have a tendency to fail. I was just wondering whether you have experienced any problems with yours?

Thanks

So far, haven\'t heard any major failure of XTEC from members of this club. Some complaints are adaptors do not fit and un-even temp output (one bulb being bluer than other).

My XTEC 5000K has no problem so far since I installed it in Dec 04.

Xenon
06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by silversurfer

Hi Xenon,

Thanks

I have hadno issue with my Xtecs... even if I did, they are backed with a LIFETIME warrenty.

I have hadmy kit since November04