PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Problems

nifty6
04-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Somebody from Burlington wrote into the Toronto Stars wheel section,(page G8) beefing about a vibration between 80 and 90 kph. His car a 2004 sport GT with auto. He had the wheels balanced 3 times but it did not correct his problem. His dealer ship contacted Mazda Canada several times to obtain a fix for what the dealership thinks is a motor mount problem. Mazda\'s response is: we are aware of the problem but so far we have no fix. Why is Mazda taking so long? Good question. Anybody with the same problem looks like you will have to wait awhile for a fix, if one ever comes :zzz :(

wtom
04-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Our motor mounts are indeed relatively weaker than a lot of other cars of same class. This is one major concern for those owners interested in slapping a turbo kit onto their 3.

shawn77
08-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Just bought 2004 GX was noticing considerable vibrations from the front end, could also hear the tires wobbling at low speed. (Note: this was right after their so called certification) The dealer found that two rims were bent (front R and rear L)and sent me on my way without saying anything to me other than they were bent I had assumed they were fixed, they werent.

Anyways went back after a week of argueing who would pay for it and had them replaced and the problem is still persisting, but not quite as bad I only really notice it at lower speeds 40-60k and no vibs thru the wheel. Not sure what to make of it anyone have any ideas? I dont think the dealer knows what the *%$@ they are doing!

nifty6
08-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by shawn77

Just bought 2004 GX was noticing considerable vibrations from the front end, could also hear the tires wobbling at low speed. (Note: this was right after their so called certification) The dealer found that two rims were bent (front R and rear L)and sent me on my way without saying anything to me other than they were bent I had assumed they were fixed, they werent.

Anyways went back after a week of argueing who would pay for it and had them replaced and the problem is still persisting, but not quite as bad I only really notice it at lower speeds 40-60k and no vibs thru the wheel. Not sure what to make of it anyone have any ideas? I dont think the dealer knows what the *%$@ they are doing!

Have you had the wheels re-balanced? Why are the rims bent? an accident?
Also there is a TSB on the motor mounts, I will try to find it and re-post it..

nifty6
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
here is the TSB on Motor Mounts

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/docs/0030.pdf

shawn77
08-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Dunno why they were bent had just bought the car from mazda of Brampton, rims were replaced and all balanced

david3
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
80km/h is also where the auto is resting at 2000rpm, which is where the engine likes to toss and turn.

shawn77
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Turns out it was my tires, shifted belt or something