PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal with Kieswetter or Waterloo North Mazda?

blacksorrow
05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
New here, so hello to everyone.

Just in the final stages of making a decision on where to buy. I went to Waterloo North Mazda to have a look a couple of weeks back to take one out for a test drive. For one, the the salesperson came with me and we drove for a total of 10 minutes. I asked why i couldn\'t drive around some more to get a feel for the car in the city and on the highway and they said it was for insurance reasons and that was it. We proceded to work on some numbers and came up with a decent deal but the salesperson indicated that the interest rates that are still posted were going to end that day. I told them that I would call them back, as I had to work. Called them back and they had no recollection of a deal or anything. Still waiting for a call, at least, after 2 weeks! Guess they don\'t want my business .. :)

I am going to be leasing a Black Mica Sport GT w/air, moonroof... most likely from Kieswetter. Anyone out there had any good experiences from either of these two dealerships? I have heard, on a number of occasions since my 10 minute test drive, that Waterloo North was on of the worst to deal with. Kieswetter on the other hand is just as good as the best in the Toronto area.

Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated.

majic
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by blacksorrow

New here, so hello to everyone.

hi :)

Just in the final stages of making a decision on where to buy. I went to Waterloo North Mazda to have a look a couple of weeks back to take one out for a test drive. For one, the the salesperson came with me and we drove for a total of 10 minutes. I asked why i couldn\'t drive around some more to get a feel for the car in the city and on the highway and they said it was for insurance reasons and that was it

what insurance problems? maybe they don\'t have insurance period? they should.. any dealer i went to and asked for the keys just photocopied my licence and handed the keys over. my tests lasted from 20-40mins depending on the weather and my mood :) unless you\'re 16 with a G1 i don\'t see what the problem was. wanting a quick sale and not much time invested on behalf of the sales guy seems more like it.

We proceded to work on some numbers and came up with a decent deal but the salesperson indicated that the interest rates that are still posted were going to end that day. I told them that I would call them back, as I had to work. Called them back and they had no recollection of a deal or anything. Still waiting for a call, at least, after 2 weeks! Guess they don\'t want my business .. :)

once again looks like he was trying to make a quick buck.. so do the rates look any different on mazda.ca site than they did 2 weeks ago when he tried to toss you sales that pitch? :p

I am going to be leasing a Black Mica Sport GT w/air, moonroof... most likely from Kieswetter. Anyone out there had any good experiences from either of these two dealerships? I have heard, on a number of occasions since my 10 minute test drive, that Waterloo North was on of the worst to deal with. Kieswetter on the other hand is just as good as the best in the Toronto area.

Any comments you have would be greatly appreciated.

if you don\'t get a deal you want, make one quick long distance call to avante and see what they offer. savings of 500+ or so might make it worthwhile coming to TO ;)

fat mike
05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Dont do Kieswetter!!!! They suck! I had nothing but problems when i had my P5 wiht them. I got screwed around on getting my 3 from them. And I got screwed around on warrenty repairs on my 3 from them. I went to them for a total of 3 years only because they were close. But trust me they are the worst Mazda dealership in the K-W area. I have started going to Guelph City Mazda and they are a delight! Completly different expierence from Kitchener.

RAM444
05-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I can offer some advice on Waterloo N. Mazda... avoid it like the plague!

In shopping for my 3 late last year, i went to a number of places around Toronto and Waterloo. I went several months before i needed the car so i wouldnt be restricted by a delivery date promise, and did lots of homework on what i should be paying.

When i first got to Waterloo North, my gf and I actually got to test drive the car by ourselves. So about 20 minutes later, we got back and started talking to one of the salesmen. Good impression of the place so far...

Now, as i said i did lots of research into what a good monthly lease payment would be for the options and downpayment i wanted. So my approach was basically to tell them a monthly payment amount, and see if they could do it. So after telling him all the details, and giving him my offer, he went to go talk to the sales manager. I calculated a $370/month lease, and he came back with something around $420!! Not even close...

So eventually i ended up talking directly to the sales manager, and this is where my bad impression of the place comes from. He basically agreed that $370 a month would make them some profit.... but not very much. He insisted that there is tons of money involved in detailing a car and administration costs that just had to be accounted for. All this while he kept asking if i could do $415, $410... finally down to $400.

Anyways, to end it all he said that he could accept my offer of $370 and take my downpayment that day, but (and here\'s the good part) he also said that my car might not be guaranteed for the date i wanted, which was about 3 months away! Since i would be practically \"stealing\" this car from him at the monthly payment i wanted, he said that should someone else request a similar model in the coming months, he may give my car to them if they offered more money!! Unbelievable! Needless to say, i decided against even considering this place, at any price they may have quoted me.

In the end, after going through Avante and other dealerships, i ended up getting the price i wanted from Morningside Mazda. So far so good, and next month i\'ll have my 8K oil change done so i\'ll see how their service dept is...

bubba1983
05-09-2005, 02:32 PM
ive had no problems with keiswetter yet so far...my sales guy (Al) was great, and so far no complaints abotu them realli...

The Exile
05-09-2005, 05:05 PM
When I was looking into buying my 3 I talked to Lallo (my local dealer in Brantford), Kieswetter, and Waterloo North.

I let them know about all the details, exactly what I wanted, how much I was willing to put down, the accessories, etc.

With Kieswetter, I thought that I had built up a pretty good working relationship ... until I told them I was shopping other dealerships too. My contact there got really upset, and basically blew me off right there. Needless to say, I dropped them.

The guy I dealt with at WN was pretty good. When we sat down to look at the price though, I realized it just wasn\'t going to happen. I wanted a boatload of accessories, and in the end they wanted over $30 K.

I\'d definitely recommend Lallo. Not too far from KW, no hassles or anything, and a pretty good discount too. No worries about the test drive either. They let me take one out on my own.

If you end up talking to them ask for Ron. Good luck! :)