PDA

View Full Version : Owner Loyalty Program

TheProfessor
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Not sure if anyone here is thinking of purchasing but if you are and you are looking into using the Mazda Owner Loyalty program read this:

First off, from their website:

\"Owner Loyalty Programs
At Mazda Canada Inc., we appreciate our customers and are fully committed to continuing our relationship with you. In appreciation of this relationship, we are pleased to provide our current customers with the following programs on future purchases.

Retail Financing
Mazda Owner Appreciation Program: The Mazda Owner Appreciation Program presents qualifying customers with a 0.50% rate reduction towards the purchase of any new or non-registered demonstrator vehicle. Please contact your local Mazda Dealership for details.

Leasing
Mazda Re-Lease Rate: The Mazda Re-Lease Rate Program presents qualifying customers with a 0.50% rate reduction towards the lease of any new or non-registered demonstrator vehicle. Please contact your local Mazda Dealership for details.\"

Now I know 0.5% isn\'t that much, but every little bit helps. So my wife and I have bought two Mazda\'s from Avante within the last three years and we wanted to purchase our third, the 3 Sport. We speak with a salesman there (don\'t want to mention his name as he was nice) and he told us that we do not qualify for the program since we ended our P5 term early (60 month finance, we sold it half way through and paid off the balance of the loan). This salesman said that since we did not finish the full 60 months we do not qualify. I questioned this and he went and got a manager, who after about 10 minutes confirmed this. So we were a bit put off cause we were sure we could get this.

Fast forward a month and we walk into Scarboro Mazda just to see what they could offer us.....besides giving us a better deal than Avante, they said that as long as the P5 loan is paid in full (which it was), we get the 0.5%. I asked them to confirm as I heard conflicting stories and they did.

In the end we bought from Scarboro, got the better deal, and not only did we qualify for the loyalty program, we got better than 0.5% off the posted rate!

So the moral of this long story is that if you have finished paying for a Mazda you DO qualify.

Please note, I still like the service at Avante/Toronto, however their sales have left a sour taste in our mouthes.

wtom
05-13-2005, 09:55 AM
I got my 0.5% reduction on my second 3 after paying off the totalled 3. Second purchase was through Avante Mazda Richmond Hill with Jeff.

TheProfessor
05-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Well that\'s good, at least Richmond Hill knows how the program is supposed to work!

Jeff-TheBiz
05-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Now, Now...

I dont think you came to Avante Mazda...

Last I checked, there is only one, and it is north of Major Mack.

I can assure you, that you would be entitled to the owner loyalty program,

Thanx for the kudos wtom.

JH

TheProfessor
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
When I was there it was still Avante Toronto, so yes it was Avante :sarc . I\'m not knocking Avante, I\'ve been happy with everything they\'ve done for me outside of this one experience.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-13-2005, 03:17 PM
I was there up until we merged, had I have been asked I feel your transaction would have been easier.. As long as you are still in a Mazda. :D When you are ready for your 4th, gimme a shot.
Thanx

Krakor
06-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I ended my lease 9 months early and still got the loyalty discount! I got mine from Erin Mills Mazda.

;)

lonewolf
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone else get told that you do not qualify for the loyalty program if you go from a lease to finance or finance to lease and that it only works when going from lease to lease or finance to finance???

TheProfessor
06-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Sounds like more BS to me, I would PM TheBiz (Jeff, who works at Avante) and ask his opinion on the matter.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Actually lonewolf that is correct.

If you lease, it goes through MCC (Mazda Canada Credit)
If you finance, it is through Bank of Nova Scotia.

They each offer a loyalty bonus but only if you stay with them... lease to a lease
finance to a finance.

Sorry

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I just received a letter from Scotia Loan and telling me I am qualified to obtain a 0.5% interest rate reduction on any MAZDA veheicle, either for me in the future or for my family member if I want another one now. :)

Jeff-TheBiz
06-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Point of interest.. that letter is currently worth 1% against the current program.:)

billyfo
06-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Mazda.ca website says loyalty program is offered when previous car/s was/were purchased under the same address. for my own, I got more than 0.5% off my lease rate than the website posted rate. My sis and bro-in-law leased P5 and Protege at the same dealership, so I don\'t know if I quaified loyalty automatically cause I didn\'t ask the sales.