PDA

View Full Version : Funny toyota salesman

Fuman
05-16-2005, 03:34 PM
My guardian seems to be real fond of the matrix while I dislike it.
Anyway, she went to the Richmond Hill Toyota during the 24hrs Red-Tag blitz.
She calls me at 10pm and tells me to head over. I was with my friend so we went.
I got there, and the salesman is laying the pressuring on my guardian.

So I asked him about the TRD supercharger that can be installed on the matrix, and wont void the warranty.
you know what his answer was? \"T....R...D...? super....charger??\"... <-- LITERALLY
I was like \"Toyota... Racing... Development\".
He says \"Toronto.....Rac..ing... Division, what?\"
I was like wtf...
and repeat myself.
He had NO idea what it was.

After a while of him trying to convince me how good the matrix is, I ask him so whats the lowest price your giving us. $24,000 out the door on a BASE matrix with a B Package (pretty much a power package, power windows etc. and 16\ alloy wheels).

I was like forget you, 27,500 and I can get a Sport GT (no leather, auto with a/c). I told my aunt my friend had to go and we leave. Just after we left, the salesman calls my cell and ask if he wanted me to ride in the matrix with him. I\'m like no thanks I test drove it last year and didnt like it. He\'s says, \"I can give you tips on your driving\".
My immediate reaction was a HUGE WTF look to my friend and he cracks up.
I responded by saying \"I love to corner hard, so no thanks\"
he says \"Exactly, I used to drag race, thats y I can give you advice on cornering\"
ME: \"I said CORNER HARD\"
him: \"I KNOW.\"
I made up some BS excuse and hungup.
Most of this was in cantonese, but he said DRAG RACE in english.

I can almost bet he didnt know how much torque/hp the matrix made...

billyfo
05-16-2005, 06:32 PM
ha, but sure if you talked to some OLD Chinese sales guys, they really don\'t know what brand of aftermarket stuff, and I pretty sure, they only know what models they are selling, other than that, good luck.

Xenon
05-16-2005, 07:01 PM
OMG... hahaha..... that\'s too funny.

dredd2099
05-17-2005, 12:22 AM
toronto racing division...

bwwaaahahahahahahahaha
would haved walked out right there and then
eh heh

oh i know
the regular sales guy called in sick
the one you talked to is a substitute salesman from a different car brand dealership
tsk tsk

///M
05-17-2005, 12:49 AM
heh...I\'m sure he loves to corner hard in a drag race :p

Fuman
05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
its starting to freak me out...
he called again and left a msg on my cell...

someone tell me how do deal with this.

I don\'t want to be a prick and tell him off. But I don\'t know how to handle this situation nicely...

///M
05-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Just tell him you bought another car already.

Optimzer
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Fuman

its starting to freak me out...
he called again and left a msg on my cell...

someone tell me how do deal with this.

I don\'t want to be a prick and tell him off. But I don\'t know how to handle this situation nicely...

I had a few dealers call me too and they turned cold once I told them I already bought a car - most of them didn\'t even bother to ask what car and/or invite me back there when I am ready for another car.

Fuman
05-17-2005, 03:29 PM
so, I should say somethign along the lines

\'hey man, i ordered a 3 yesterday, good luck, bye\'
and hang up?

dredd2099
05-17-2005, 04:06 PM
^bingo

al01
05-17-2005, 11:45 PM
lol one of the acura dealer kept buggin me.. then i told him i bought a impreza..

hes like why.. u didnt even come seat in the EL yet.. then before he hung up, hes like subaru sucks

lol ;)

Fuman
05-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by al01

lol one of the acura dealer kept buggin me.. then i told him i bought a impreza..

hes like why.. u didnt even come seat in the EL yet.. then before he hung up, hes like subaru sucks

lol ;)
wow, and i thought i was immature, haha.
impreza owns EL.

OMG my aunt won\'t lay off with the Matrix.

She doesn\'t like the 3,
I guess I\'ll opt for the 6 instead. :D that\'ll shut her up.

dredd2099
05-18-2005, 05:12 AM

OMG my aunt won\'t lay off with the Matrix.

lol
toyota alrdy has her brainwashed

but dont worry
if she goes thru w/ it
we\'ll take good care of her
:D

Fuman
05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
lol...
seriously, I mean no disrespect to matrix owners or anything.
But Toyota is seriously a let down lately.

1) A TRD edition matrix has no performance parts
2)24,000 OTR (on the road) for a Base matrix with B-package
3)24,000 MSRP for an XR (<-- I wasn\'t there when my guardian got this quote).

and with the matrix, I\'ll HAVE to get suspension mods, and with the 3, I can decide not to.

dredd2099
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
^eh heh
no worries sir
u can bash it to hell and back, i dont care
im not anal bout it
plus to each his own

as for toyota being a let down
whats new anywayz
its only the bottom line thats important to them

as for the price
no danged clue
i aint doin ur aunt\'s homework for her
hehehehe

and as u stated earlier, u might steer her to a 6
the 6 wagon looks great
thumbs-up on that one
:)

Fuman
05-18-2005, 03:59 PM
the wagon is a bit heavier, i\'m gonna try steering her towards a sport 6 or a regular 6 with the GFX.

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 08:25 AM
The 6 is great, I love mine to death. It isn\'t as sporty feeling as the 3, but that\'s not it\'s purpose. It has a grat blend of comfort, agility, and style. My only gripes with the 6 are this: the fit and finish (including materials used), are not as good as the MZ3; the car is made in Detroit which bugs me; and they don\'t hold their value nearly as well as a Toyota or Honda would. Having said that I love everything else about the car. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, and I constantly get compliments from friends on the car, like how awesome the interior is.

My problem with the Matrix is that it is quite high, and the design has been out for a while now, so they are likely due for a change soon.

Fuman
05-19-2005, 10:44 AM
o the 6 is made in detriot?

talking about \'matrix is due for a change\'.
the salesman had the guts to tell me the style for the matrix is new.

flyboy
05-19-2005, 12:09 PM
You know, Toyota and Honda are behind the 8-ball these days. And Mazda is ahead of it - it goes like that. Maybe Honda and Toyota will spring back with the Civic and Corrolla in th enear future but they really can\'t come near the M3 at the moment in terms of price/performance and features. I remember years ago when I was considering a 626 for my wife. The standard of interior quality was WAY below that of Camry so I went for the Camry. That was in 2001. Now with the M6, it is the other way round as it is with the M3 and the civic/corrolla. It ebbs and flows

///M
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

The 6 is great, I love mine to death. It isn\'t as sporty feeling as the 3, but that\'s not it\'s purpose. It has a grat blend of comfort, agility, and style. My only gripes with the 6 are this: the fit and finish (including materials used), are not as good as the MZ3; the car is made in Detroit which bugs me; and they don\'t hold their value nearly as well as a Toyota or Honda would. Having said that I love everything else about the car. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, and I constantly get compliments from friends on the car, like how awesome the interior is.

My problem with the Matrix is that it is quite high, and the design has been out for a while now, so they are likely due for a change soon.

I like how the 6 sits a lot lower than the 3.

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I thought for sure that I\'d lower it once I got it, but to be honest I just don\'t see the need. It doesn\'t look/feel like a monster truck, and it handles perfectly fine for street driving.

Flyboy - I own a 6 and I can tell you that it is still not up to Camry build quality. My folks have a Camry that is about a year older than my 6 and there are no rattles or squeaks whatsoever in their car, but my car has them. it\'s nothing major, but it\'s there. Also, their panels fit much tighter together than mine.

Like I said, I love my 6 to death, but I still do not think it is up to Camry or Accord build quality. If we\'re talking sportiness or fun to drive, it blows the two out of the water;)

///M
05-20-2005, 12:51 AM
What about a TSX? Honda build quality, very luxurious, and handles very nicely too. Granted, it costs a bit more than a 6 and has less power, but for what is lost a lot more is gained imo. Oh, and they look nice in white. ;)

I haven\'t driven a 6 though so I can\'t comment on how TSX drives compared to it, but I really enjoyed driving it.

TheProfessor
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Well first off, I have the GTI4, so the TSX has more power than my 6. However, and this is a big however, I drove the TSX when I was looking at the 6, and even with the 200hp iVtec and a six speed manual tranny, the thing felt just as sluggish if not more so than my 2.3MZR. It just wasn\'t \"fun\" to drive either. Sure the exterior is quite handsome, and the interior is top notch, but if I was gonna be bored driving it then what\'s the point. Add to that the fact that it was approximately $3-4K more money, plus higher insurance, plus the cost of the factory body kit (I think the car looks a million times better with it) and my mind was made up. I don\'t regret it one bit.

///M
05-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I agree the TSX looks a lot better with the factory skirt package - though I don\'t see too many around with them installed.

If you don\'t mind me asking - how much did your 6 cost OTR? A friend of mine payed $39k OTR for a TSX and I thought that was a pretty good deal.

TheProfessor
05-20-2005, 11:58 PM
I don\'t remember exactly since it\'s been about a year and a half, though it was approximately $33K. It is a 2004 GTI4 with moonroof, leather interior, Bose stereo w/ 6 CD changer, blah blah blah. Truthfully a better deal could likely be had now since the car has been out for a while. When I bought they weren\'t too keen on discounting them.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
05-21-2005, 12:17 AM

I don\'t remember exactly since it\'s been about a year and a half, though it was approximately $33K. It is a 2004 GTI4 with moonroof, leather interior, Bose stereo w/ 6 CD changer, blah blah blah. Truthfully a better deal could likely be had now since the car has been out for a while. When I bought they weren\'t too keen on discounting them.

Yah the 6s are really having a good deal than ever, I remembered a month ago I went to purchased my 3, just b4 I picked up my car I was chatting w/that salesman, he told me if I was about to purchased a 6 w/CASH (V6 GT, fully loaded), the manufactor is giving an instand incentive of $3500 off, plus another $2000 CASH rebate, and he PERSONALLY will glad to give me another $1000 off, that means $33000 MSRP-$3500-$2000-$1000=$26500 + TAX (OTR)!.......well, it was too bad for me coz I signed my LIFE on the 3 already plus I don\'t have that decent amount of CASH on hand.....:(

dredd2099
05-21-2005, 12:29 PM
a tsx is a rsx type s w/ 2 extra doors
id rather take the 6 w/ the V6

///M
05-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dredd2099

How so?

RSX -> Civic platform
TSX -> Accord platform

Different engine too.

dredd2099
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
lol
its not based on any logical reason
its just how i view it

well aware of the differences as well
shouldved stated exactly what i meant on first post

Fuman
05-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by autoexe

Originally posted by dredd2099

How so?

RSX -> Civic platform
TSX -> Accord platform

Different engine too.

RSX is on a civic platform??
I thought the RSX had a platform of their own, or maybe thats just the Type-R.
I remember on BMI, they said the engineers built the Type-R from scratch.

Fuman
05-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Yah the 6s are really having a good deal than ever, I remembered a month ago I went to purchased my 3, just b4 I picked up my car I was chatting w/that salesman, he told me if I was about to purchased a 6 w/CASH (V6 GT, fully loaded), the manufactor is giving an instand incentive of $3500 off, plus another $2000 CASH rebate, and he PERSONALLY will glad to give me another $1000 off, that means $33000 MSRP-$3500-$2000-$1000=$26500 + TAX (OTR)!.......well, it was too bad for me coz I signed my LIFE on the 3 already plus I don\'t have that decent amount of CASH on hand.....:( when was this and where did u go??

DeLaY_NoMoRe
05-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Yah the 6s are really having a good deal than ever, I remembered a month ago I went to purchased my 3, just b4 I picked up my car I was chatting w/that salesman, he told me if I was about to purchased a 6 w/CASH (V6 GT, fully loaded), the manufactor is giving an instand incentive of $3500 off, plus another $2000 CASH rebate, and he PERSONALLY will glad to give me another $1000 off, that means $33000 MSRP-$3500-$2000-$1000=$26500 + TAX (OTR)!.......well, it was too bad for me coz I signed my LIFE on the 3 already plus I don\'t have that decent amount of CASH on hand.....:( when was this and where did u go??

MARKHAM MAZDA, in Mid-March. But u have to notice 1 thing, u will lose that $2000 CASH rebate if u are not paying the car totally in CASH.

Fuman
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
for 26500, thats less than the quote I got for the 3...
I\'ll just have to find the cash some how....
borrow from my dad and pay it back? damn it...
itz soo temping... but I know the gas mileage for the mazda 6 v6 is absolute garbage.
ahhhhhhhhhh
why did you have to tell me that price:(

DeLaY_NoMoRe
05-25-2005, 02:32 PM

for 26500, thats less than the quote I got for the 3...
I\'ll just have to find the cash some how....
borrow from my dad and pay it back? damn it...
itz soo temping... but I know the gas mileage for the mazda 6 v6 is absolute garbage.
ahhhhhhhhhh
why did you have to tell me that price:(

Hey, it\'s not $26500 OTR eh, plus taxes too, around $30K....

Well, there are some BIG reasons why Mazda is sweeping out the M6 V6 GT model at this low price(the incentives are lower in lower models as well), the salesman told me since the MAZDASPEED 6 is on its way to Canada, and the price announced are relatively close to that V6 GT, so the manufactor and dealers think that they might have big difficulties on selling their V6 GTs that already sitting on the lot once the MZSPEED 6 arrived. Also that guy advised me if I did purchased the car, I will have to be prepared for some lost in the future, since the new car price was set to this low, that means the 2nd hand price for the car is also dropping (hence the 6s are not holding its value that good already!)

P.S. if u take a look into the AUTO TRADER, u can easily find some 04 MAZDA 6s had a lower 2nd hand price than some 04 MAZDA 3, it sounds rediculous.....

Fuman
05-25-2005, 03:10 PM
dun want second hand, unless i know the driver...
I rather stick with my box.

thats ok, I\'m not looking for resell value, since this car will probably be around for err 7-10 yrs

TheProfessor
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Fuman, you should buy the 3 or 6 for the car, not for the price. Even if they were the exact same price, they drive soooo differently. If you haven\'t driven both, I suggest doing that then making up your mind.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
05-25-2005, 07:23 PM

Fuman, you should buy the 3 or 6 for the car, not for the price. Even if they were the exact same price, they drive soooo differently. If you haven\'t driven both, I suggest doing that then making up your mind.

B4 I bought the 3, I test-drove all 3 different models - M3, M6 I4 & V6 (all are 5sp), the I4 was the 1st one, I was pretty impressed that the 2.3 MZR doesn\'t really seem that bad on power and torque on the 6, and the V6 one is just so smooth and powerful to me, but at last I tried the 3, I felt the same 2.3 engine works more powerful and responsive on the 3 vs the 6 (i know it\'s becoz 3 is lighter), and also the handleling and steering I like the 3 over the 6, not becoz 6\'s handle is bad, but when cornering, the 6 is too stable and feels like the car is pretty heavy, not as fun as the 3.

Fuman
05-25-2005, 09:39 PM

Truth is, and no disrespect to fellow 3 owners, I like the 6 more.
I like the 6\'s dashboard alot more, its easier on the eyes, and I like the classic, two large analogue gauges. Also when I sat in it (my friend has one), its alot more comfortable.

But the thing thats holding me back is the price/gas mileage and the fact it uses 89 octane (im still a student)

TheProfessor
05-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I like the 6 more too, and if you go for the I4 the price is pretty good, gas is good and insurance is cheaper (than the V6). The I4 is pretty good for regular driving to be honest......though you will find it quite lacking if you like to race around.

Fuman
05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
if you don\'t mind,
can you give me the price/options you got yours for?

how is the car on the highway, I do ALOT of highway driving so yeah.
u comin to the meet?

TheProfessor
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I got a 2004 Mazda6 GT, 5 speed tranny, leather, moonroof, Bose stereo w/ 6CD and that\'s it. The only other options were the V6 which I didn\'t want for insurance/gas/Ford purposes, and the auto tranny which I also didn\'t want cause I like to drive my cars:D

As for price, I really don\'t remember cause it\'s been almost two years, but I\'ll check when I get home and post it up. It was a lot more than you can get it for now, but that\'s the price you pay for being one of the first.

As for being on the highway, I think it\'s great. Very quiet, sturdy/stable, and very good on gas (the I4 anyways).

I unfortunately won\'t be able to make this meet since my brothers and I are throwing a surprise birthday party for my parents that night. I really wanted to make it out, though I guess it\'ll just have to be the next one. The question then becomes, which car do I bring:p

Fuman
05-26-2005, 03:44 PM
ohh, niceee...
does it pick up?
for example, your crusing at 110km/h, and u want to pass the guy infront
do u find it slow to pick up from 110 to errr 130?

TheProfessor
05-26-2005, 04:22 PM
If you\'re in fifth it isn\'t the quickest to be honest, but if I ever need to do a move like that I just drop it into fourth and then there is more then enough. Like I said, you\'re not gonna win any races in the car, but if you\'re not racing around thinking you\'re in the soon to be releases MS6, you\'ll be fine. It all depends though on what you consider to be reasonable. I would strongly suggest taking one out for a thorough test drive. When driving, pay particular attention to 1st gear....the car has a nasty case of throttle lag that took some getting used to! This only applies to the 5 speed, if you\'re looking into an auto I have no clue how the tranny is.

Fuman
05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
no choice but to get the auto, family members wont RE-learn manual...
man i\'d save so much on gas

TheProfessor
05-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I think the manual will still yield pretty good mileage. I remember reading that Mazda was going to release a five speed auto for the 6, any idea if that applied to the I4, cause if so that would likely help with mileage.

wongpres
05-27-2005, 05:44 PM
The Mazda6 gets a refreshening for \'06: new front & rear bumpers, new grille, new colors, smoked taillights with slightly redesigned bezels, no more silver interior console, and the 4-cylinder auto will be 5-speed (the V6 already received the new 6-speed auto in \'05). So the \'06 changes are another reason one can get really nice deals on Mazda6\'s right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention, redesigned side sills.