PDA

View Full Version : i know this might been asked...

beryan
05-18-2005, 01:24 PM
this is my first time posting here, but do u think i can get a mz3 sport gt for around 25-26 ??

also im kinna looking at the saab 9-2 linear, what would u perfer ???
yah, i know there might be a \'little\' bias but yah plz let me know if u had driven both cars...n y u chose the mz 3??

super thx !!

Fuman
05-18-2005, 01:37 PM
if you drove stick maybe...

TheProfessor
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey, my wife and I looked at the 9-2x when we were shopping around. First off, you know the 9-2x is just a rebadged Impreza, right? As such, I feel the quality is top notch, the all wheel drive is a solid and proven system, and you can get the Saab version for pretty much the same price as the Subaru with some of the incentives that they\'re running. Having said that, I really disliked the interior, not very Saab-like. I also found the non turbo motor to be a bit more sluggish than the MZ3 2.3L. Lastly, I know for a fact that Saab\'s do not hold their value well (not too much of a concern if you\'re gonna lease). We also didn\'t like the boxer engine, it kind of worbles (hard to describe, but anyone whose driven one will know what I\'m talking about).

In the end the 3 won, but not by that much.

Spyder01
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
humm....you don\'t see alot of 9-2 on the road...heck, you don\'t see much of saab on the road... I looked at the saab when i was switching to the protege, but the main thing that turned me off was that their dealers are VERY rare...only like 2 in the GTA...which makes servicing hard, also, for the money spent, its simplier to get an subaru instead. It doesn\'t look any better, and the prices are the same, so why not just get a subaru? insurance is pretty much the same too, on the high end with sube..

The 3 at the moment is simply the best bang for the buck car. Its a car with german quality with japanese reliablity

beryan
05-19-2005, 02:04 AM
thx for replying

yah i know the interior is worst than a 10 yr old civic, and the dealership i want to treated me like stale dirt or something. i thought they would have been a bit nicer to me since they couldnt even sell 1/4 of wat they were expected.

anyway im looking at that car bc of the subaru awd n since i have to travel quiet a bit to get to skl i thought the awd will help out in the \'canadian\' weather. n yah i just kinna got my g2 like not even a week ago so im kinna worry about it

ps we have a forest xt n i like driving it i was wondering if its the same ??

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 08:01 AM
I really like the concept of awd, but keep in mind that a car that utilizes full time awd like the Subaru has worse gas mileage than that of a similar fwd car. There are really only five days max per year that the weather is so bad that awd would be worth it IMO. If you\'re doing it for a higher level of performance (handling) then that is a different story. If you\'re planning on buying the car I think I would reconsider, however if you\'re leasing I would keep it as an option for sure.

Fuman
05-19-2005, 09:52 AM
if u just got your G2,
i\'d suggest you get a 2nd hand car,
1) Learn how to properly maintain a car
2) Learn what problems can arise
2a) Learning what noises = what type/specific problems
3) Learn how to drive in the canadian winter.

and if you do get into an accident, it wont kill your wallet

beryan
05-19-2005, 03:56 PM
yah i thought about getting a used rsx-s or a mini-s but my dad didnt want a used...

but yah im most likely getting a 3...

but does anyone know how much are the xenon

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
What do you mean by xenon? If you are referring to headlights, and HID\'s in particular, there are a host of kits available all for between $350 and $600 or so.

al01
05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Hey, my wife and I looked at the 9-2x when we were shopping around. First off, you know the 9-2x is just a rebadged Impreza, right? As such, I feel the quality is top notch, the all wheel drive is a solid and proven system, and you can get the Saab version for pretty much the same price as the Subaru with some of the incentives that they\'re running. Having said that, I really disliked the interior, not very Saab-like. I also found the non turbo motor to be a bit more sluggish than the MZ3 2.3L. Lastly, I know for a fact that Saab\'s do not hold their value well (not too much of a concern if you\'re gonna lease). We also didn\'t like the boxer engine, it kind of worbles (hard to describe, but anyone whose driven one will know what I\'m talking about).

In the end the 3 won, but not by that much.

hey the boxer engine sounds sexy

TheProfessor
05-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey, don\'t get me wrong, put an exhaust on the boxer and it sounds amazing, but it does make the car shake a bit, which is strange for somebody not used to it.

beryan
05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
i personally like the subaru concepts: boxer engine (equal weight distrubtion), and awd
what can go wrong !!!!! haha

but can u be a bit more specific about the wobles, bc i dont really notice it when im driving

btw is mz3 quieter than the protege5???

TheProfessor
05-20-2005, 11:53 PM
The two cars are about the same in terms of noise, however it comes from different sources. In the P5 you could hear the engine no problem....it was quite loud. In the 3 the engine noise is almost non-existent, however you hear quite a bit more road noise. I\'m not sure if it\'s the result of the 17\" RS-A\'s though.

///M
05-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by beryan

yah i thought about getting a used rsx-s or a mini-s but my dad didnt want a used...

but yah im most likely getting a 3...

but does anyone know how much are the xenon

if you get an RSX-S insurance will kill you

beryan
05-21-2005, 09:15 PM
but the 04 rsx is suppper sexyyyyy
i hate how the new rsx looks

is the any good dealership y\'all would recommend, i live in thornhill, (a bit north of north york)

TheProfessor
05-22-2005, 12:23 AM
If you\'re talking about a good Mazda dealer, go to Avante in Richmond Hill.....they have a great rep and aren\'t too far from you.

Hazy
05-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I think the new 2005 rsx-s looks better..just what i think..:D

Optimzer
05-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hazy

I think the new 2005 rsx-s looks better..just what i think..:D

I like the blacked out headlights on the new rsx\'s - they look awesome

///M
05-22-2005, 02:18 PM
I like the blacked out JDM headlights of the old RSX (not the chrome ones in the North American market).

Optimzer
05-22-2005, 02:29 PM
what year are you talking about?

///M
05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
01-04...the generation before the facelift

JDM headlights:
http://www.godofhalo.com/images/rsx2.jpg

as opposed to these:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/kham005/DSC00585.jpg

but yeah..the 05s look nice too:
http://modulos.topcities.com/slm.jpg

lukel90
05-22-2005, 11:17 PM
i can vouch for the insurance on the acura. since i went from a type s to a mazda..keep in mind i had two tickets at the time...i was paying just over 600 a month for insurance...krazy if you ask me...so i took my losses ans now am enjoying the 3. with much cheaper insurance...coincidently i bought the mazda just as my record cleared....

beryan
05-23-2005, 10:39 AM
hey lukel90, but aside from that HUGEEEE insurance differences do u enjoy driving the rsx-s more than the 3??

btw autoexe, is that ur white rsx !?!?! i think thats the best color for any type r /(s) hondas

Optimzer
05-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

01-04...the generation before the facelift

JDM headlights:
http://www.godofhalo.com/images/rsx2.jpg

as opposed to these:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/kham005/DSC00585.jpg

but yeah..the 05s look nice too:
http://modulos.topcities.com/slm.jpg

actually the ones in the first picture are the ones I\'m talking about - I didn\'t realize though that they were JDM parts...I thought the RSX came with them. apparently I don\'t know my acuras very well :(

///M
05-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by beryan

hey lukel90, but aside from that HUGEEEE insurance differences do u enjoy driving the rsx-s more than the 3??

btw autoexe, is that ur white rsx !?!?! i think thats the best color for any type r /(s) hondas

Unfortunately not...I drive a grey Mazda3. Was originally supposed to be white but the waiting time was just too long...

(yeah you can tell I like white cars too)

lukel90
05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Beryan....i loved my type s. theres no other way to describe it. but i coulnt justify paying that. so i sold it. if you wanna know which car is better. there is no clear answer. ride quality, quietness of the cabin, even handling (with the sway bar) id say the advantage goes to the 3. at least thats how it feels. In terms of performance, well with the type s were losing out on quite a bit there, if your lookin at the base of premium, it shouldnt be too much of a drop in performance if any. it all depends on your driving style. if i had the job i have now a year ago i would still be driving the type s. but im completely happy with the 3. if theres anything you wanna know just ask.

beryan
05-24-2005, 01:18 AM
idn i might take a look at rsx but the likelihood of me getting it will be close to zero...
i need like some sort of trunk space for all my school projects.

but have u guys seen the honda integra type-s (different from the rsx-s) they got the CRAZYESTTTT auto tran. its kinna pointless but looks pretty hottt haha

http://www.honda.co.jp/INTEGRA/photo/download/img/type-s_l09.jpg

sorry dont know how to post pics but theres the link

just out of curosity does any one know the difference between the integra type s and the integra type r

btw shoudl i wait for the 06 mz3 bc it got the 5-spd auto !??!?!

TheProfessor
05-24-2005, 08:17 AM
If you can afford to wait for the 2006 models then do it.....there will be a number of minor changes that would be nice to have (ambient outside air temp, LED tails, new colour, etc)