PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Noise

mazda3boss
05-24-2005, 07:51 PM
ok when i am turning either stopped or when the car is goin at like 40 and i am turning to either right or left onto a street it makes this weird noise, i know the power steering makes some noise thast normal, this noise sounds like somethin is about to break or metal scrapeing against other metal, its weird

any of u experiencing that right now or have already experienced that

also what other dealership is close to erin mills mazda, i really dun want to go there cause they will prob tell me nothin is wrong but this noise is so noticeable and it sounds bad

also, ur prob gonna say somethin about teh fluid, fluid is on the max line, so i dont need anymore

Newlook
05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
If it\'s not the electronic steering noise...

Westowne Mazda (Dundas/427)
Oakville Mazda (Speers west of 4th Line)

Flagrum_3
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by mazda3boss

ok when i am turning either stopped or when the car is goin at like 40 and i am turning to either right or left onto a street it makes this weird noise, i know the power steering makes some noise thast normal, this noise sounds like somethin is about to break or metal scrapeing against other metal, its weird

any of u experiencing that right now or have already experienced that

also what other dealership is close to erin mills mazda, i really dun want to go there cause they will prob tell me nothin is wrong but this noise is so noticeable and it sounds bad

also, ur prob gonna say somethin about teh fluid, fluid is on the max line, so i dont need anymore

What\'s the mileage on your vehicle?Do you hear any clicking, if not take it in mention there is a TSB on steering noise and update us with the results :)

Thanks,

_3

mazda3boss
05-25-2005, 06:58 PM
mileage is rougly 18,300 on it, i will check it out and keep u updated :D

thr33scompany
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Bringing this thread back to life. I too have noticed this noise. Its kinda like a moaning or whining kind of sound. Can\'t really explain it. I noticed it after I got my clutch replaced due to the squeaking. I usually hear it if i\'m backing out of a parking space or turning at a slow speed. Is this normal?

I drive a Sport GS 5sp.

Fuman
07-19-2005, 04:13 PM
bearings by any chance?

thr33scompany
07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
hmm.. wouldn\'t know. do yo think it warrants a trip to the dealership?

Fuman
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
yeah, just incase...
just hope its not the same prob as the rx-8s

bluntman
07-19-2005, 05:55 PM
As long as it doesn\'t sound like metal to metal \"grinding\", it\'s normal (at slow speeds). It has something to do with the electronic power steering mechanism.

thr33scompany
07-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

As long as it doesn\'t sound like metal to metal \"grinding\", it\'s normal (at slow speeds). It has something to do with the electronic power steering mechanism.

So no need to go to the dealership?

mazda3boss
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
i got it fixed couple weeks back, it was the struts that were a bit dry, so they lubed it all up and now its fine... nothin really to worry about, may sound horrible but it aint lol