PDA

View Full Version : Paste Wax..

AFbunnie
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Hallo~~

I recently got my car waxed with Paste wax. It\'s said that it\'s \"more durable\" than liquid wax. It was dayam shiny and smooth.. but has anyone had experience with it?? It seems that other waxes just wash away after a couple of car washes.. :(

I\'m using the Maguiar\'s car wash soap. I\'ve heard it\'s pretty strong.. Should I just be super diluting it??

Hope you can give me some opinions! Thanks~~~ :)

Flagrum_3
05-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by AFbunnie

Hallo~~

I recently got my car waxed with Paste wax. It\'s said that it\'s \"more durable\" than liquid wax. It was dayam shiny and smooth.. but has anyone had experience with it?? It seems that other waxes just wash away after a couple of car washes.. :(

I\'m using the Maguiar\'s car wash soap. I\'ve heard it\'s pretty strong.. Should I just be super diluting it??

Hope you can give me some opinions! Thanks~~~ :)

Hey AFbunnie, not an expert, but from experience paste wax is supposed to last longer but it is also harder to work with....Are you using a Carnuba Wax?>(Best for a Deep glass finish!!) I\'ve used Nu-Finish liquid polymer for years, lasts 8 months -1year and easy to work with, but not sure if I\'ll use it on the 3....I\'ll have to test it first.

As for the wash...does it say concentrate?...if not, don\'t worry about it.
A good washing tip is to rinse the vehicle really well before soaping and rinse alot during.

Hope that helps:)

_3

Spyder01
05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I use turtlewax 2001...it usually last for about 2 or 3 months...im putting my second layer on this friday for the meet :)

///M
05-26-2005, 12:39 AM
I use Meguires NXT. It doesn\'t last too long compared to most waxes (but I wax pretty often so it\'s not really an issue), but it gives a really shiny finish.

bubba1983
05-26-2005, 01:01 AM
p21s here...

swales
05-26-2005, 06:58 AM
There\'s no difference between paste or liquid wax.

wtom
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Using Meguiar\'s Gold Class liquid wax here. First time waxing so I tested my waxing on just the hood of the car. Maybe I didn\'t let it cure long enough cuz in the end in light (reflective) and water (beading) it looks exactly the same as the side panels beside the hood. :sarc

Newlook
05-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by wtom

Using Meguiar\'s Gold Class liquid wax here. First time waxing so I tested my waxing on just the hood of the car. Maybe I didn\'t let it cure long enough cuz in the end in light (reflective) and water (beading) it looks exactly the same as the side panels beside the hood. :sarc

What do you use to wash your car? If it\'s some wash-and-wax then water would still bead.

AFbunnie
05-27-2005, 12:42 AM
lol...

My friend owns a detailing shop so he waxed it for me..:P I have no idea what kind of paste wax he used on it but is professional grade.

As for my soap... I think I worded it wrong... I use the Meguiars deep crystals car wash soap, but he said that it was actually really strong for the car.. If I wanna use it, I need to really dilute it before using it (to the point that it doesn\'t even look like there is soap on the car...) to get maximum durability on the wax..