PDA

View Full Version : engine/throttle lagging

///M
05-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I just noticed the engine/throtle lagging today after the rush-hour commute home (I don\'t usually drive in rush hour traffic but today was an exception). Between 2000-3000 rpm the engine seemed very unresponsive. I never noticed before and it was fine this morning. Any ideas what could\'ve gone wrong?

This is a 2.3l with the 5MT.

Flagrum_3
05-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I just noticed the engine/throtle lagging today after the rush-hour commute home (I don\'t usually drive in rush hour traffic but today was an exception). Between 2000-3000 rpm the engine seemed very unresponsive. I never noticed before and it was fine this morning. Any ideas what could\'ve gone wrong?

This is a 2.3l with the 5MT.

Was your A/C on? Was the Engine temp high?

_3

zerogun
05-28-2005, 09:26 AM
you know what? this problem is becoming more and more of an issue among all Mazda 3 owners. The drive by wire throttle design seems to be causing alot of these problems. Apparently, Mini Cooper drivers have this same problem as well because they too have a drive by wire design.

OR

as other forums have mentioned, the car may be running too rich in fuel upon the lower rpm range (to prolong the cat according to what I\'ve read), and hence it\'s causing the engine to bog.

There has been a lot of discussion surrounding the topic of this bogging feeling that you had when the engine is hot/operating temps. Infact, a few people i\'ve read across Canada has taken this issue to Mazda Canada, but it seems that Mazda Canada is trying their hardest to dismiss this problem that more and more people seem to encounter.

mazda3boss
05-28-2005, 12:10 PM
well all i know is... i have a 5speed MT if its in neutral and i am stopped, i accelerate, taking the rpm to about X2100 oh that baby shakes, i dunno if its normal but sometimes i feel like its some kind of muscle car hahaha