PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: How To Prevent Theft Of Valve Stem Caps?

SABIO
05-29-2005, 10:24 AM
O.k. In less than 24 hours I lost one Chrome valve stem cap of my new set of Rims. Based on previous experience- i used to have Blue ones on my stock tires, and those disappeared in about 2 weeks- I know these will be gone soon to!

How can I prevent this? Can i use a small socket and tighten the hell out of them?

Maybe some locktight?

majic
05-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by SABIO

O.k. In less than 24 hours I lost one Chrome valve stem cap of my new set of Rims. Based on previous experience- i used to have Blue ones on my stock tires, and those disappeared in about 2 weeks- I know these will be gone soon to!

How can I prevent this? Can i use a small socket and tighten the hell out of them?

Maybe some locktight?

click (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2348)

SABIO
05-29-2005, 10:38 AM
:sarc ahhh... ya ya I know.. *search* :sarc

Thank you!

mEtH
05-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Spin Caps or somehow link up an electrial charge to the caps so the people get shocked when they try to take them off.

Whos ur dadd
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by methodyst

or somehow link up an electrical charge to the caps so the people get shocked when they try to take them off.

You know, if you\'re not going to provide helpful advice, you should just plain clam up, methodyst. :sarc

Get the Spin Caps or a Trunk Monkey. The latter is a little more expensive, but provides all-around protection.

mEtH
05-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

or somehow link up an electrical charge to the caps so the people get shocked when they try to take them off.

You know, if you\'re not going to provide helpful advice, you should just plain clam up, methodyst. :sarc

Get the Spin Caps or a Trunk Monkey. The latter is a little more expensive, but provides all-around protection.

hmmmmm...you talk alot of shit then end up saying pretty much the same thing I did. Talk about being a hypocrite :sarc

Whos ur dadd
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM

hmmmmm...you talk alot of shit then end up saying pretty much the same thing I did. Talk about being a hypocrite :sarc

Patrick, do you even keep up with the latest automotive gadgets? Do you even know what a Trunk Monkey is? Obviously not. It\'s one of the more innovative whole-car protection devices developed by the Suburban Auto Group.

Click here for a Trunk Monkey demonstration. (http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/51/)

Got it? ;)

mEtH
05-31-2005, 10:13 PM
HAHAHA Trunk Monkey that is a funny one, back in 2003 :sarc

chill dude, dont waste your PMs for nothing. You have to cherish the one that you have.:p

-RJ3-
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
If your desperate just go to the source of where your caps are being stolen...... Stupid kids and their BMX bikes LOL!!!!!!!

cstraw
06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh man, that trunk monkey link was the last thing I needed to see while working... thank you for the laugh!

Chris