PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows on Base Stock

venaden
06-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you know if it is possible to install power windows on a bare Mazda3, that came with window levers.

Would I have to replace the entire doors? Would the even car provide the necessary wiring, or would I have to dig for the battery and do it all by hand?
I could call up the wreckyard near here and see how much they have the needed parts for, though I don\'t know exactly how much needs to be purchased and replaced.

Thanks in advance

Whos ur dadd
06-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Don\'t know about the door skin/arm/button issue, but I\'d be willing to bet that the wiring already exists in the door. I had a base model Miata and added aftermarket power windows. The wiriing and harnesses were in the doors.

venaden
06-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply!

What year was your miata? Did your aftermarket power windows hook up to the stock window buttons on the (new) door panel, or was it a separate command box?

Thanks!

Whos ur dadd
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM

The Miata buttons are located on the centre armrest area, so didn\'t have to change door skins or door pulls, etc. The kit I bought had connectors that plugged directly into the existing wiring. Didn\'t have to splice a single wire!

McGuyver_3
11-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Sorry power windows are not able to be installed from the factory on the bas 3 you have to go aftermarket. Thats what i am doing but im going to buy the stock 3 switches to keep the mazda look for the switches. This is the link were i baught mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5827594735&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Havent received them yet but as soon as i do i will install them and let you know how they work

FLIPDADY
11-19-2005, 09:27 AM
It\'s possible to install the factory unit but you\'re talking some serious coin. There are aftermarket p/w kits that can be installed for a fraction of the price.

The kit mentioned above is a common universal one.