PDA

View Full Version : Front Left Speaker

breakfastfood
06-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi Guys,

Newbie Here. I wish I found this place before I got my Mazda 3 2 weeks ago! Great site.

About 3 days ago, I all suddenly noticed that the front left speaker sounded muffled in comparision to the front passenger speaker; treble and bass is not that strong.

I brought it to Erin Mills Mazda (my gosh there are quite a few horror stories on this site about them) to get it checked out. The technician checked it for me and said it was set-up incorrectly and fixed it. OK, I was glad he found the problem.

I hopped back into my car and headed for home. I didn\\\'t check the speaker right away as soon as I got the car back (dumb me and dumb cell phone). A few KM\\\'s away from the dealer, I checked the speaker and found it to be muffled still.

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else have this issue with their front driver speaker? Or maybe judging by the comments on Erin Mills, check out another dealership?

Thanks

Ex-Rolla
06-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I don\'t have any problems, but from your description it sounds blown... (something wrong with the voice coil.) It\'s under warranty so you should be able to get it replaced.

Optimzer
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

I don\'t have any problems, but from your description it sounds blown... (something wrong with the voice coil.) It\'s under warranty so you should be able to get it replaced.

I concur that it sounds like its blown. You may be able to notice an electrical burn smell from it.

SwooshICE
06-03-2005, 01:31 AM
that\'s happening to my dad\'s maxima
sometimes it\'s fine, sometimes its muffled :(

breakfastfood
06-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input. I\'ll definitely get it checked out again soon.