PDA

View Full Version : question about cambers

astatik
06-09-2005, 07:12 PM
hey all, i just bought the eibach pro-kits for my 3...
i was wondering for those that already have the pro-kits on their 3\'s did u guys also bought a camber kit for your 3 as well? when u drop your car with the pro-kit do we actually need to get a camber kit or can we ride without one with no problems?

bubba1983
06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
you can ride without one no problem!

it does give you slight more rear neg camber, but its nothign to kick a fuss over..

astatik
06-09-2005, 08:08 PM
thx bubba

SABIO
06-10-2005, 05:26 AM
But you DO have to get an alignment still. If your Rear camber is more than -2.3 I would get the camber kit.

bubba1983
06-10-2005, 02:46 PM
^^ agreed...i needed an alingment after the springs and my wheels..woah, it pulled like a bitch, haha

my rear right wheel is out, but only that one, ill suffice without the camber kit for now...

Fuman
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
are there any shops that can fix our alignment without the alignment kit? (e.g ebiach pro-alignment kit)

SABIO
06-10-2005, 03:42 PM
camber is not adjustable with our cars... hence the kits.. rear is affected the most by larger tires and lowering springs.

if you get everything aligned you should be fine. It is the TOE that chews your tires to shreds if not done. camber wears your tires uneven.. but you can always rotate them :)

3Gz
09-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SABIO[/i]

camber is not adjustable with our cars... hence the kits.. rear is affected the most by larger tires and lowering springs.

AN ALIGNMENT EXPERT TOLD ME THE 3 IS GREAT BECAUSE THE REAR CAMBER IS ADJUSTABLE, AND SO I BOUGHT THE 3.

ARE YOU SURE THAT IT CAN\'T BE ADJUSTED?

bubba1983
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 3Gz

Originally posted by SABIO[/i]

AN ALIGNMENT EXPERT TOLD ME THE 3 IS GREAT BECAUSE THE REAR CAMBER IS ADJUSTABLE, AND SO I BOUGHT THE 3.

ARE YOU SURE THAT IT CAN\'T BE ADJUSTED?

he must be on crack...or for some reason the newer model\'s (06\'s and such might have it?) but for the 04\'s i know and 05\'s, their is no factory spec camber adjustment in the rear...

Kevin@nextmod
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
How much were the prokits when you guys bought them? I\'m thinking of getting them as well.

mEtH
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
It is adjustable but very very minimally. If you look under the rear of the car and look at the cross brace you will see two knobs about 6 inches apart from eachother in the middle. Those can be adjusted to adjust camber but it aint gonna do SQUAT!

emphasis on squat! :hoho