PDA

View Full Version : A/C

nifty6
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Not wanting to beat a dead horse but now the weather is a tad on the hot side hows everybodys A/C working? Mine is an 05 and appears to be OK. But one thing I noticed with the A/C off and the select dial to the left of 12 o\'clock and bringing air in from outside the air through the vents feels a little warmer than the outside air. Temp dial all the way to cold. Anybody notice the same thing? Somebody from another board noticed the same

Zaku_4
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
hmm,
well my ac still feels really shitty. lol and it takes a long time to get cold too. i have a 2.3l engine and it takes alot longer and is alot less cooler then my friends 1.7el its really weirdddd.

but APPARENTLY its like that? lol grrr stupid stupid stupid ac =( i wish i was still driving the pathfinder lol

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
I can\'t really use the word \"cold\" to decribe my A/C even after a long-time running, after these few \"hottest\" days(especial during daytime), to me it just acted like a \"cool fan\" no matter how I turned the fan to max. I figured this has been a long-live problem w/MAZDA, my previous 01 Protege seems having the same thing, and this m3 is just getting worse......really disappointed at MAZDA for this.....:(

whodilly
06-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I have yet to use my AC, I usually just roll the windows down and drive really fast!! hell summer is only for a few months and then the winter is gonna roll along and you will have to close the windows and put on the heat:p

In all seriousness, I will test my AC and see if it is any good or not now that you guys mention this.

rene
06-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by nifty6

Not wanting to beat a dead horse but now the weather is a tad on the hot side hows everybodys A/C working? Mine is an 05 and appears to be OK. But one thing I noticed with the A/C off and the select dial to the left of 12 o\'clock and bringing air in from outside the air through the vents feels a little warmer than the outside air. Temp dial all the way to cold. Anybody notice the same thing? Somebody from another board noticed the same

I notice that as well sometimes. I have an 05 sedan, A/C is OK.

TheProfessor
06-10-2005, 08:08 AM
I don\'t think this A/C thing is a Mazda problem as it works perfectly fine in my 2.3L 6. On my way home yesterday for instance, I was stuck on the DVP (what\'s new), sun beating down on the car, and I had the temp set to the coldest setting (15 degrees celsius) and the lowest fan speed and I was almost cold! What I do though is close all of the vents except for the ones on either side of the steering wheel and aim those directly at me. If I don\'t do that than I have to turn the fan speed to at least the second or third setting.

Candyman
06-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I thought the A/C was fine when I picked it up last week. But these last few days have been boiling. I had turned it up to fan speed 3, closed all the other vents except 2 pointing at me and driving for a while with re-circulated air. Nothing. I wasn\'t hot, but it wasn\'t cool.:(

Hopefully tinting the windows help

Candyman

yeroc
06-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Mine is definitely mediocre. it\'s slow to cool at first but after 10 minutes I was freezing.

david3
06-11-2005, 01:33 PM
SUCKS! I had the diffuser installed as per the TSB about it. A bit cooler, but not enough!

chaser
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by david3
SUCKS! I had the diffuser installed as per the TSB about it. A bit cooler, but not enough!

Which dealer did you bring your car to have the TSB looked after?

iconicrocket
06-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by chaser

Originally posted by david3

Which dealer did you bring your car to have the TSB looked after?

Definitely want to know that too. As mine is just cool, even my old \'96 civic A/C was colder.

iconicrocket
06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I would suggest everyone write to Mazda Canada about this, as its ridiculus that we should be suffering from this A/C problem. Its a $27000+ car for my GT and I\'m difinitely NOT pleased with the way the A/C is performing.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I definitely feel that my frd\'s P5 works much much colder and faster than mine......

flyboy
06-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Don\'t really see what you guys are talking about. It ain\'t the air conditioner on my wife\'s Camry, but it does the job fine. I have an \'05 GT (build date April), and I find the system adequate. After a couple of minutes, I am quite cool, even on the hottest days (like the last 4 or 5 days).

I think you have to have in mind that this is an entry level vehicle and stop demanding perfection. :sarc

idreamofmazda
06-14-2005, 09:26 PM
I find sometimes my AC is okay, and other times it blows (not cold air). I find the outside air is better, set to speed 3, and open the window a crack, until the car starts to cool down.

elevin
06-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I find the A/C kinda weak.. if the car\'s been outside under the sun, it takes quite a while for the A/C to cool the car down.. and it\'s so noisy when you get up to the \"3\" setting.

When there were 5 ppl in the car, the A/C definitely wasn\'t enough.

Oh well, it\'s still a great car.

Optimzer
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I agree the a/c isn\'t as strong as say in my protege, but somehow it is a good temperature and/or airflow for me. these past few days I have been fine with a/c on level 1.

TheProfessor
06-14-2005, 10:18 PM
My wife has said the temp has been perfect in the car with the A/C during the \"heat wave\".

Illmatic
06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
After it gets going for a while it\'s not bad. I was in a \'00 Civic and it was like night & day compared to the 3. Talk about ICE COLD...

I notice though when I have the AC on there is a very noticable difference in the acceleration. Am I imagining things?

Optimzer
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

My wife has said the temp has been perfect in the car with the A/C during the \"heat wave\".

that\'s pretty much how i would describe it - is it maintains the perfect temp. I guess the benefit of ice cold is you don\'t need to keep it on for a long time..

TheProfessor
06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Illmatic

I notice though when I have the AC on there is a very noticable difference in the acceleration. Am I imagining things?

This is normal.....though much less noticable on higher end cars.

chaser
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
The A/C TSB is for the 04 model. Mazda has most likely fixed the problem (adding a cabin air filter) for the 05 model. That\'s why some say the A/C is weak while some say it\'s cold enough. ;)

flyboy
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I seem to have less of a problem than some here. I have the \'05 GT but I didn\'t think there was a cabin air filter on this car. I thought you could add it yourself with the parts, however.

Newlook
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I took my car in to Westowne today and they said my A/C works fine.... they couldn\'t get it any colder. They don\'t seem to be aware of the TSB I was trying to tell them about.

Booked an appointment at Oakville Mazda for next week..... They seem to be more knowledgable on this issue. The guy told me they\'ve to add a diffuser and parts are on order.

billyfo
06-16-2005, 08:54 PM
if our 3 can do this (http://www.suncat2000.com/meows/a/a019.wmv), then it is working very good:)

m_a_t_r_i_x
06-16-2005, 09:53 PM
well being our interior finish is black the more it absorbs heat...

and if u normally park under the sun/outdoors better yet buy those reflective sunshade on the windshield and ofcourse closed off the shade of the sunroof and/or put it on tilt since we all know hot air rises, (heat/warm air within the cabin will escape thru) atleast that will ease up the heat inside the car and a/c wont be struggling to cool it faster...

torpedo20
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Hmm, weird.
I just do what PSIVIC does in his M6 - works fine with my m3 sedan.
A/C in my experience kicks in almost instantly; In comparison my heater takes a lot longer in the winter :)
There are a few tips on AC in the car manual as well if you ever bother reading it ;)

Newlook
06-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by torpedo20

Hmm, weird.
I just do what PSIVIC does in his M6 - works fine with my m3 sedan.

Well but you aren\'t supposed to close all other vents in order for you to feel cold... What if you have a passenger in your car? The A/C in our 10 yr old minivan works much better, so does the Protege loaner the dealer gave me 2 weeks ago.

A/C in my experience kicks in almost instantly; In comparison my heater takes a lot longer in the winter :)
There are a few tips on AC in the car manual as well if you ever bother reading it ;)

Heat is another problem. I wonder adding the diffuser would also correct the heating performance as well.

iconicrocket
06-19-2005, 11:59 PM

Yeah, its weird I noticed that on Saturday while driving in slow traffic. Its like the engine bay is heating the air before it gets into the vent system. When I stuck my hand outside to feel the breeze the temp outside was definitely cooler.

Its fine while I\'m on the highway or going 40+ kph on the road. But definitely feel it in stop and go traffic.

Zaku_4
06-20-2005, 12:09 AM
hmm,
so to my understanding there IS a problem with our ac(04 models). so if i were to bring in my car back to my dealer, prima, they would know wtf im talking about and install some new part yes? lol if so im going to go! i dont wanna go in there and tell them my ac has the \'known ac problem\' and have them go \'wtf? o.O\' aha

Newlook
06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

hmm,
so to my understanding there IS a problem with our ac(04 models). so if i were to bring in my car back to my dealer, prima, they would know wtf im talking about and install some new part yes? lol if so im going to go! i dont wanna go in there and tell them my ac has the \'known ac problem\' and have them go \'wtf? o.O\' aha

Give them a call first and see if they know what to do with it....

Cosmo77
06-24-2005, 07:02 AM
To test your A/C system and see how cold you can get it, you need to set your system to recirculate on the button in the center of the dash and have you fan on 4 and the engine rpm above 2000 rpm.

This is the best test of the system. The system will never get as cold as it can get unless the engine is above 2000 rpm and the switch is set to recirculate. If you have the system on outside air...it has to cool down the HOT air from outside. ALot of people turn their a/c when they get in the car and lower the rear windows for a few mins. until all the hot air is pushed out of the car. This way the car can fill up with cool air and then recirculate the cool air in the cabin.

Personally I have not seen many 3\'s with any a/c problems...I have seen a few, but not many.

Cosmo

TheProfessor
06-24-2005, 08:17 AM
Isn\'t it bad to keep the recirculate button on the entire time though.......don\'t we kinda need the oxygen from fresh air?

Flagrum_3
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM

Isn\'t it bad to keep the recirculate button on the entire time though.......don\'t we kinda need the oxygen from fresh air?

PSIVIC I think COSMO just means to keep the recirculation on till the interior cools down and then switch to exterior air.This is actually explained in the Mazda3 manual.:)

_3

nifty6
06-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Cosmo

To test your A/C system and see how cold you can get it, you need to set your system to recirculate on the button in the center of the dash and have you fan on 4 and the engine rpm above 2000 rpm.

This is the best test of the system. The system will never get as cold as it can get unless the engine is above 2000 rpm and the switch is set to recirculate. If you have the system on outside air...it has to cool down the HOT air from outside. ALot of people turn their a/c when they get in the car and lower the rear windows for a few mins. until all the hot air is pushed out of the car. This way the car can fill up with cool air and then recirculate the cool air in the cabin.

Personally I have not seen many 3\'s with any a/c problems...I have seen a few, but not many.

Cosmo

I checked the temp of the air coming out of the vents with the fan speed at 3 and the recirculate set on and at a speed of 80 k/h. I got 48 to 50 degrees C . Should it be colder?
Also on a humid day with the A/C on I should see a puddle of water under the car, so far nothing?
Will keep looking

nifty6
06-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Cosmo

OPPS should be \"48 to 50 degrees F\" not degrees C dahhhhhh........lol

I checked the temp of the air coming out of the vents with the fan speed at 3 and the recirculate set on and at a speed of 80 k/h. I got 48 to 50 degrees C . Should it be colder?
Also on a humid day with the A/C on I should see a puddle of water under the car, so far nothing?
Will keep looking

iconicrocket
06-25-2005, 12:02 AM

Cosmo

I had the A/C on while driving 100 kph+ on the DVP and well over 2000 rpm, it took more than 5 mins for the car to cool down on a hot day. Definitely not feeling any COLD air coming from the A/C, more like a mild breeze to me.

nifty6
06-25-2005, 10:17 AM

Cosmo

I checked the temp of the air coming out of the vents with the fan speed at 3 and the recirculate set on and at a speed of 80 k/h. I got 48 to 50 degrees F . Should it be colder?
Will keep looking

Forgot to mention I have a 05 Also my test was at night at about 9:00pm and the interior was the same temp as outside, the day time temp for the day was 34 degree C

nifty6
06-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by flyboy

Don\'t really see what you guys are talking about. It ain\'t the air conditioner on my wife\'s Camry, but it does the job fine. I have an \'05 GT (build date April), and I find the system adequate. After a couple of minutes, I am quite cool, even on the hottest days (like the last 4 or 5 days).

I think you have to have in mind that this is an entry level vehicle and stop demanding perfection. :sarc

If this is a entry level car than why offer A/C ? if Mazda can\'t build a decent A/C system then they should not bother putting it in their cars and charging the same price for it in its other so called high end cars. What high end cars does Mazda make? the 6. The A/C in my daughters 1999 Cavalier is as a good if not better than Mazda\'s and the Cavalier is a way below entry level car. And by the way it is as cold as the day she bought it 5 years ago. Saying it\'s an entry level car is no excuse, sounds like you work for a dealership service department. You only paid $25,000 for your car, big deal. Go away small fry

flyboy
06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
You are distorting my remarks. I do not work for a dealership, and have never been in the automobile business. I am, however a professional, degreed mechanical engineer and stand by the original remarks. Many people whine first, demand absolute perfection of all things mechanical and don\'t bother to put things into perspective. $25,000 is a cheap car these days - the reason I bought an M3 is that it is WAY more vehicle than any other car in this price class. I am entirely happy with the car, whether it is brakes, A/C, or power, fit and finish. It is a bargain.

Many here appear not to have much experience with owning a new car, and that is fine. The M3 is a great first car. But as in everything in life \"caveat emptor\" (Latin for \'buyer beware\'). Perhaps those whose pet peeve is the A/C needed to check out their purchase in more detail. How many people spend more than 30 minutes researching their automobile purchase? Not many. So if the A/C really bugs you then spend more time researching the car choices before you purchase one. I did do that -- that\'s why I bought an M3!

Flagrum_3
06-25-2005, 05:43 PM
As much as I agree with Flyboy\'s comments that the M3 is alot of car for the money, at the same time we have paid $1000 or so for air and should get air,...but...I have a feeling a lot of people here have not read the manual and possibly, are not following the suggestions in it.For instance it mentions and I would assume they mean on very hot days like today 39 deg celcius that first you open all windows, then turn air on and on recirculate setting at fan speed 4, than close windows.
If within a few minutes your not feeling comfortable than I would suggest something is wrong with the air conditioning, in that case bring it in to the dealer and mention the TSB and have them change the filter...if that still dosn\'t solve the problem bring it back again and demand that they solve the problem or better yet everyone unsatisfied with their air should write Mazda Canada demanding a resolution, instead of whining about it here, which will fix nothing.I think thats probably the only way to eventually solve this problem. IMHO

_3

billyfo
06-25-2005, 07:33 PM
why we all complain A/C not cold enough? because it\'s true the AC really not cold enough. I drove quite a lot of cars, Euro & Japanese for instant, only the 3 produce \"cooler than normal air\" even turn on AC for a long time, others would make you want to have a coat, so some batch of AC might have sort of problem.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-26-2005, 01:08 AM
I think we\'re not begging to have perfection on an entry level car which we all have, we just want it to work by what it was meant to be. How can we compromise on how it was not even COOL enough as it was meant to be an AIR CONDITIONER? An A/C is an A/C, all A/C should work the same regardless whatever brand the car is. If the same problem exists on an High-end car but ours, then we should whining about it, and vice-versa we should be just compromise about this since we have an entry-level car!?

TheProfessor
06-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Okay, today my wife and I put the 3\'s A/C through it paces. We had to attend a wedding, so I was in a black suit, my wife in an Indian outfit, and we were out in the middle of the day. With the A/C on to the coldest setting, the selector switch to the front vents only (no feet), NOT on recirculate, and fan speed one, the thing worked perfect. I honestly think there is something wrong with the systems in your cars, cause seriously, I thought you were all nuts! I couldn\'t believe how good the system was, I was almost cold, and this was on fan speed one!

I seriously don\'t know what to say except the A/C in our car seems to work exactly the way it should:)

DeLaY_NoMoRe
06-26-2005, 01:47 AM

I seriously don\'t know what to say except the A/C in our car seems to work exactly the way it should:)

Does ur 3 has leather seats? Coz once I wondered the A/C doesn\'t work that well would have something to do w/those leather seats, even my dad had told me that......once it gets heat up by the sun, it absorbs the heat so much greater than fabric seats, that\'s why the A/C doesn\'t let me feel cool coz i am sitting on top of the oven! :p

majic
06-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe
An A/C is an A/C, all A/C should work the same regardless whatever brand the car is.

a car is a car, all cars should work the same. :sarc yep.. the Geo metro will get me from A to B just like a maybach will but damn maybach will get me there in style :p

maybe mazda decided to cut corners on the A/C? who knows..

for me the A/C is adequate. it\'s not ice cold but it cools fine. Even today/yesterday setting it on 4/fresh air/front vents only as soon as i got in the car i was comfortable after 30 about seconds - no breathing difficulty or not even one bead of sweat.

I find that fan set to 1 is a bit whimpy and after using 2 for a while my hands get cold :p but by then it\'s alright to set it back to 1 :) I don\'t know if it cools the back enough but meh.. i never sit there so i don\'t care ;)

SABIO
06-26-2005, 03:51 AM
just been kinda reading this thread for awhile...
The A/C does suk in the 3.. No doubt about it. It is cool air not cold. I had 1980\'s cars with colder air. My GF\'s Tribute A/C gets so cold it hurts to hold your hand in front of the vent for more than a minute.
I will be going to my dealer on monday i thinks :hoho

billyfo
06-26-2005, 08:28 AM

With the A/C on to the coldest setting, the selector switch to the front vents only (no feet), NOT on recirculate, and fan speed one, the thing worked perfect.

I also tried front vent only in 2nd speed, it\'s colder than front vent w/feet setting, but in speed one, the air seems not come out from the vent, so it may be my car has problem for AC tubing.

TheProfessor
06-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

Does ur 3 has leather seats?

Nope, our 3 has the sport cloth seats.......my 6 however, has a full black leather interior, and let me tell you, after sitting out in the sun, it is an oven. Even by the time I get home (40 minute commute) from work, the seats are still burning hot, and that\'s with having the A/C on. It\'s comfortable in the car, but there is no doubt that they continue to radiate heat for some time.

DJB
06-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Do you have tinted windows on the 6? I find that it helps out quite a bit when you\'re windows are tinted (in regards to the sun heating up your car like an oven). It also was recommended to me to make your air conditioner work more efficiently, to tint your windows.

Just curious.

black305
06-26-2005, 02:13 PM
add another one to the list of people who are unhappy with their a/c
seriously, it will only blow cool air, never cold
i\'ve tried many settings and it will make a little difference but still, only cool air

pigeoncamera
06-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I am also among the ranks of those who find that the AC does not C the A enough. But since I got the windows tinted last week, there is a noticable difference. The air still doesn\'t get ice cold as it did on other cars I\'ve owned, but with intitial temp after leaving the car for a while starting off lower, the AC car doesn\'t take as long or work as hard to get things comfortable.

TheProfessor
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by DJB

Do you have tinted windows on the 6? I find that it helps out quite a bit when you\'re windows are tinted (in regards to the sun heating up your car like an oven). It also was recommended to me to make your air conditioner work more efficiently, to tint your windows.

Just curious.

We don\'t have tinted windows on either of cars.....we are one of the very few who do not like the look of tinted windows on white cars.

DJB
06-26-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by DJB

Just curious.

We don\'t have tinted windows on either of cars.....we are one of the very few who do not like the look of tinted windows on white cars.

I can totally understand not liking the look of traditional tint on your vehicles. Have you looked into the other types of tinting? the \"non-dark\" type? There are some types of tint which are more reflective than dark and actually work better than traditional tint in keeping the sun\'s hot rays from heating up your car. Don\'t get me wrong, I\'m not trying to convince you, just giving alternatives which might help you out.

Candyman
06-27-2005, 12:12 AM
I\'ve had good days & bad days. Sometimes it\'s fairly cold, some days it\'s hot no matter what I do. Kinfd of frustrating. I do have leather seats, and I sweat like crazy. The tinted window helps, but these past couple of days are almost unbearable.

Candyman

TheProfessor
06-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by DJB

Originally posted by DJB

Just curious.

I can totally understand not liking the look of traditional tint on your vehicles. Have you looked into the other types of tinting? the \"non-dark\" type? There are some types of tint which are more reflective than dark and actually work better than traditional tint in keeping the sun\'s hot rays from heating up your car. Don\'t get me wrong, I\'m not trying to convince you, just giving alternatives which might help you out.

I actually don\'t need convincing to buy any sort of tint as I am not one of the members who feels the A/C is $hit. For me the A/C in both of our cars works exactly as it should. The one in my 6 seems to work a bit faster, but both do their job and get the car feeling comfortably cool within an acceptable few minutes.

Redhouse
06-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I haev the same A/C problem.
I took my car to the dealer, and they agreed to take a look at it.
The said that they topped up the fluid because it was a \'bit\' low, but that the measured temperature was an acceptable +38 degrees F (which is pretty close to +3 Celcius).

It\'s still no good though. After getting in my car after it\'s been in the sun the A/C takes 15min to get sufficiently cold as I would expect from any other modern car.

Has anyone taken their beef up with mazda canada/camvap?

I\'m guessing that if enough of us squeek they\'ll grease us.
mmm, grease.

majic
06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
i made sure to pay attention to the A/C today.. it was HAAAAWT

i parked the car in the sun - no shade - for about 10 hours, facing west. i got in the car, everyting inside was hot. i rolled down the front windows for a bit but since the 1st minute of driving was pretty much in a stand still, i rolled them back up and threw AC into recirc on fan #4. once i got out of the traffic and was able to step on it (about 1.5min from start) cooler air started coming though and after about 2min i was farily comfortable.. mind you i kept it on fan speed #4 (fresh air tho) but it was all good.. YMMV :(

nifty6
06-27-2005, 10:52 PM
When I decided to buy my Mazda3 I was a dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket and I was talking to the sales manager and mentioned to him about my concern and post I had read about the weak A/C, his answer was \"we have not heard of any problems with the A/C\" ya right, I guess that was the only answer he could come up with, didn\'t expect him to say \"ya problems have come up regarding the A/C\" since he wanted to make a deal. Well didn\'t buy the car there as their price was $500 nore than what I paid.
As for the A/C I was out today on the highway late morning and had the air at #1 and was comfortable. But later in the day while the car was outside in the sun it did cool down but have to admit the air out of the vents wasn\'t very cold but still was comfortable, it took a good 10 minutes of driving to get it reasonable comfortable. I was going to take a thermomter with me to measure the temp out of the vents but forgot. Next time

Fuman
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM

Okay, today my wife and I put the 3\'s A/C through it paces. We had to attend a wedding, so I was in a black suit, my wife in an Indian outfit, and we were out in the middle of the day. With the A/C on to the coldest setting, the selector switch to the front vents only (no feet), NOT on recirculate, and fan speed one, the thing worked perfect. I honestly think there is something wrong with the systems in your cars, cause seriously, I thought you were all nuts! I couldn\'t believe how good the system was, I was almost cold, and this was on fan speed one!

i hope your not showing up to the next meet cause i really want to strangle you, jkz =p, my car\'s a/c died (1991)..

seems like ur the only one with a good a/c

nifty6
06-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Follow up on my A/C
Was out in the car today at about 5:30 with the outside temp was about 30C . Car was in the garage and out of the sun.
Fan at speed 3
Recirculate on
After about 15 minutes of driving with speed mostly at 80K/H
The temp out of the vents was 15C and the coldest the temp got inside was 25C
Rechecked the vent temp on my way home the same speed, same settings and the vent temp was 10C
I think if you were to take your car to the dealer for them to check your A/C make sure it is done outside and the car in the sun. It appears the cooler it is outside the cooler the temp is out of the vents.
Just a thought

Redhouse
06-30-2005, 07:45 AM
It appears the cooler it is outside the cooler the temp is out of the vents.
Just a thought

If you\'ve left your car outside in the sun, run initially the \'fresh air\' setting, not recirculate since the outside air is going to be cooler than the air in your oven aka. your car. It will come out \'cool\' and when the interior temp has dropped somewhat it\'s time to put it on recirculate. The system is just too weak to deal with hot air.

nifty6
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Redhouse

It appears the cooler it is outside the cooler the temp is out of the vents.
Just a thought

If you\'ve left your car outside in the sun, run initially the \'fresh air\' setting, not recirculate since the outside air is going to be cooler than the air in your oven aka. your car. It will come out \'cool\' and when the interior temp has dropped somewhat it\'s time to put it on recirculate. The system is just too weak to deal with hot air.

Thanks for the heads up, there are many ways to cool the interior and I am sure they all been covered here, I will try your suggestion, but I think we should be concentrating on the temp coming out of the vents, if the temp at the vent is high than it won\'t cool the interior no mater what we do.

FLIPDADY
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
A sunshade also helps prior to truning on your A/C. It can reduce the interior temperature by up to 20 degrees.

nifty6
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

A sunshade also helps prior to truning on your A/C. It can reduce the interior temperature by up to 20 degrees.

I just got one of those and it should help i am sure, Also my windows are tinted 35%

nifty6
06-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Does anybody know what the A/C specification is according to the work shop Manual

http://tinyurl.com/dp3wb

bubu416
07-06-2005, 10:54 AM
This weak A/C problem is a known issue on the Mz3. Its been listed as one of the main \'cons\' on several car mags. (ie. Road&Track, Consumers Guide)

I think Mazda would know this problem well already.
If we have to B*tch about it, think about the Mz3 owners in Texas... :(

-bubu416

bluntman
07-06-2005, 11:04 AM
This might only be a problem in North American cars. When I was in the Philippines in May (their summer) I met up with the Mazda3 club there and got a lift to a get together. The temperatures were always in the mid 30s and the air conditioner in their cars was a lot colder than ours!

Flagrum_3
07-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Well i finally picked up my 3 on Wednesday noon, it was pretty hot and humid out.Ten minutes of driving and it started to rain cats and dogs so I had to close the windows and try the air....well within I\'d say 2-3 minutes with the air set at dash/feet, fan speed 3 and fresh air,... it was cold, I had to turn the fan down to setting 1.I realize my vehicle is extremely new but I\'ve used the air several times already and it seems to work fine (knocks on wood)...so far 500 km and not a problem :)

_3

awhoy
07-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Just came back from fishing today, this is the first time I actually had a chance to use the AC for more than 1 hour. I found the AC in my 05 Sport GT very inconsistent. I had it set to frest air, vent to face, fan level 3. The AC would blow adequate cold air for about few minute then it would only blow cool to warm air for about 1 minute. It did that for the whole two hour drive home.

El Cheapo
04-25-2006, 12:09 AM
The A/C issue is a result of the compressor cycling on for only 10 seconds and shuts off for a minute. During this time time there is no cooling only air blowing.

Those vehicles made for markets in Europea and Asian have automatic climate control. This is new for 2006 on GT models (USA) only. In Canada we won\'t get this until 2007. There is NO ISSUE with the A/C on Mazda3\'s with climate control.

Everyone needs to get on Mazda\'s case to get them to address this issue. But, I can see them refusing to admit anything because it would be very expensive for additional sensors/switches and uprgrades to the PCM. We have all paid good money for decent A/C. If Mazda cant fix this issue, they should, I think, at least give us a partial or full refund for the poor performance in the 04, 05\'s, and 06\'s A/C units.

I think someone should contact a lawyer about this.

cyber
06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I have an 05 GT and it takes a bit longer to cool down for me when it is really hot out, but I figure that this is normal. But after a about 10 minutes it is pretty cool inside the car cabin. I do have very dark tints on my windows, which I am sure is helping.

cyber
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I don\'t like beating a dead horse, but I thought I should give you all an update on my AC situation.

I have noticed that the AC wasn\'t that powerful but was ok (like my post above), but did bring it to the dealership\'s attention today when I took my car into service. They tested the temp that was coming out of the vents to be 55 degrees F. Apparently they adjusted the air-condition and now it is producing air at 46 degrees F. I know it is only 9 degrees, but it\'s better than nothing. I will give you all an update once the temperature outside gets really hot again and I can test the AC to it\'s fullest. At least they did something to help.:)

For the record I went to Mazda of Brampton. Oh and it was all covered under warranty. :hoho

cyber
07-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Here is the conversion into Celsius for us Canadians :D :p

55F = 12.7C

46F = 7.7C

I think I can live with that temp for my AC :)