PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signals...

midnightfxgt
06-15-2005, 04:14 PM
So I had about 20mins to spare the other night, and went to replace my nasty orange turn signals with the nice chrome ones I got... WTF!? These things are CARZY to try and get a hold of. I dont have small hands, but they arent huge by any means....

Hints/Tips lemme know... owners manual says take it to the dealer.

-John

Optimzer
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I tried doing the exact same thing yesterday. I managed to get the passenger side out (twist the housing) but I could barely reach the driver\'s side so I said *&(^ it..

But then, even when I did get the pass. side housing out, I couldn\'t get the bulb out of the socket!!!

RedRaptor
06-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Having been through this myself, I feel your pain...no...literally, my hands were bruised up for a good week after I got the VB Silver signal bulbs in.

In terms of tips...make sure your hands are in a relatively comfortable position before you start to turn the harness. The reason being, if your hands aren\'t, when you turn the harness, its going to hurt like hell. Another thing that might work is by using a screw driver to help loosen the harness. But put a cloth over it so that the force won\'t damage the harness.

Another solution is if your girl has smaller hands, she can help you. My girl offered to help...being a man I said no. Next time she offers, hell yeah I\'ll say yes.

Some motivation tho, they do look awesome after they are installed. I can\'t go back to the orange ones now after installing these. I just hope they don\'t burn out too quickly.:hoho

RedRaptor
06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Optimzer

I tried doing the exact same thing yesterday. I managed to get the passenger side out (twist the housing) but I could barely reach the driver\'s side so I said *&(^ it..

But then, even when I did get the pass. side housing out, I couldn\'t get the bulb out of the socket!!!

To get the bulb out, push the bulb down and twist. The bulbs are held in by two tabs to lock the bulb in place. If you just try to brute force pull the bulb out, you will rip the bulb out of its own socket and be stuck inside the harness.

Red.

chaser
06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
As long as your hand (palm) can get thru the tiny space and reach the bulbs, you should be able to twist the bulbs off. I swapped out mine in January and my hands scratched badly :( I\'m sure spring/summer time is easier and less-pain to do the job. Do not give up and you\'ll be there ;)

Junior
06-15-2005, 10:46 PM
if anyone is planning to make em white ... think twice, i got pulled over on Friday for having white turns.. $110 is really not worth it

Optimzer
06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Originally posted by Optimzer

To get the bulb out, push the bulb down and twist. The bulbs are held in by two tabs to lock the bulb in place. If you just try to brute force pull the bulb out, you will rip the bulb out of its own socket and be stuck inside the harness.

Red.

ahhhhhh - that would explain it. now...where\'s my little brother to get the driver\'s side bulb out?? muahahhahaaha

Optimzer
06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Junior

if anyone is planning to make em white ... think twice, i got pulled over on Friday for having white turns.. $110 is really not worth it

I wouldn\'t be doing the white - I prefer when they\'re off to be monochromatic with the car, but to light up in the standard colours