PDA

View Full Version : Paint Protection (Sealant) necessary?

Krakilin
06-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I have a Mazda3 GT Black Mica, bought it 3 weeks ago, anyway, I was wondering if I should get a coat of paint protection (Sealant) done on my car? Do I even need it, or did the manufacturer already put a protection coat on it?

Another question is because I have a black car, the dirt/dust really appears on my car... even if I get a car wash, a day later all these dust attracts to it... it\'s annoying as hell, what can be done about this?

SABIO
06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

Another question is because I have a black car, the dirt/dust really appears on my car... even if I get a car wash, a day later all these dust attracts to it... it\'s annoying as hell, what can be done about this?

Not only does it show all the dirt, I bet you it gets Crazy Hot in the sun too, dosen\'t it?;)

I don\'t really have any helpful suggestions, just leting you know my GT3 is White and i don\'t have those problems.... maybe re-paint your car:sarc

Flagrum_3
06-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

I have a Mazda3 GT Black Mica, bought it 3 weeks ago, anyway, I was wondering if I should get a coat of paint protection (Sealant) done on my car? Do I even need it, or did the manufacturer already put a protection coat on it?

hey Krakilin,

Your vehicle comes with a clearcoat finish, which will help protect the paint and it also should have been waxed at the dealer.Use the search, there\'s plenty of topics on this forum on maintaining your finish.
As for the dust...Try going to Crappy Tire and get yourself a California Duster its about $25. but well worth it, it will last years and won\'t scratch the paint...most Car show guys use them.

_3

Joel
06-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Personnally I dont think this coating really worth it if your going to keep the car wax. Since you seem to care about your car, I will say keep it wax with a synthetic wax every 6 months (more often is even better, but not necessary).

If the dealer apply carnauba wax on your car (which they probably did cause its shinier), its going to atract more dust. the carnauba have the down side to devellop more static. If you go with syntetic wax (like Klasse, NXT, Zaino) those are design to be less static, so less dust. you also have the duster possibility, but you have to make sure you dont have a lot of dirt, but more like dust if you dont want scratch.

Hanif
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3
Try going to Crappy Tire and get yourself a California Duster its about $25. but well worth it, it will last years and won\'t scratch the paint...most Car show guys use them.

This might be a dumb question but I\'ll ask it anyway. Is there a store called Crappy Tire or are you guys just making fun of Canadian Tire? :)

Pimpin_29y
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Hanif

Originally posted by Flagrum_3
Try going to Crappy Tire and get yourself a California Duster its about $25. but well worth it, it will last years and won\'t scratch the paint...most Car show guys use them.

This might be a dumb question but I\'ll ask it anyway. Is there a store called Crappy Tire or are you guys just making fun of Canadian Tire? :)

Crappy Tire aka Canadian Tire :D

Hanif
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification Blue_Dragon :p

Fuel90
03-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Most dealerships sadly do not actually wax your car before it is delivered to you. In most cases its just a wash peel off the plastic, remove glue residue from the plasic, vacum put the mats in, dress the tries clean the windows.

Now. These cars while being shipped to you, be it waiting @ the airport sitting on a train or a boat whatever, they pick up alot of things on the paint. Some have scratches from where the plasitc was flapping in the wind others are so coated with fallout and overspray of rusproffing etc that the paint is incredibly rough and in some cases already damaged.

My suggestion with a new car is to either pay upfront @ the dealership to have their \'paint protection system\' (which would usually involve the car being buffed). Or to use a clay bar to take off all that stuff yourself and then follow up with either a carnuba or synthetic wax. (personal preference)

EDIT: Black cars are especially bad since they tend to scratch and show spiderwebbing type scratches very easily!