PDA

View Full Version : Cant Decide, Need some help

Joe10
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone,

Became a new member after i decided to get a mazda3 and found this board.

I have a few hard decisions that i cant decide on.
1. GS or GT?
2. 05 or 06?

Im planning to buy the mazda 3 around augest and I only have about 25,000$ (OTR) to spend. Im not sure if im able to get the GT auto without GFX. The GS i want would be with power package and auto. Jeff posted that the 06 mazda will come out in end of augest but i was wondering if there is a significant price difference between 05 and 06. Im really on a tight budget with 25k and i havent been to any dealers yet so the prices im seeing are all from the website.

What do you i should decide on?

Thx, Joe

SourcE
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Get a used \'05 GT Sport, and get manual, not auto.....! :D

I got my \'04 GT Sport, fully loaded for around $22k

Optimzer
06-21-2005, 12:07 PM
do what I did and think long and hard about what it is in a car that you want and then go and hop in as many cars as you can! It\'s good you\'ve fixed a budget for yourself - that\'s one thing I didn\'t do and it probably contributed to the process taking so long.

trust me, I really couldn\'t settle on any one car. I actually \'discovered\' the mz3 only a few weeks before I decided to go with it. Before the 3 I was all over the map: I checked out corrollas, the new and old prius, matrix, civic (hybrid), accord 2 + 4dr, lots of miatas (2 yr old), rsx, acura 3.2tl/cl (2 yr old), altima..

I didn\'t get around to driving all of them and probably only seriously considered the matrix, prius, miata, civic, and finally the 3. The 3 won out b/c it was a great combination of a lot of creature comforts (which I like), non-light car feel (like the matrix and civic), very pratical (unlike the miata), and had a higher price to performance ratio than the prius. It was also much newer than the matrix and civic which was also a deciding factor. I couldn\'t wait till August but I would have definitely went for the \'06 mz3!! but that\'s only b/c of the extra available features. IF you\'re on a 25K budget, then those extra features probably won\'t really lure you in..

As you can expect, you will hear great things about the 3 from ppl on this board - and they\'re all friendly and helpful people (99.999% of the time :p).

SABIO
06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Lots of things to mull over it looks like.

The only thing that would bug me about the decisions you have to make is....

When you buy your car in August.... and the 06\' comes out 2 weeks later... Your car would be A YEAR OLD!!

That would seriously *P* me off that I paid full pop for a *New -Year Old- Car* In that case it would be better to buy a spanky lightly used \'05, let someone else lose the intial depreciation, dealer fees and taxes.....

So I think your true choices are
1: 2006!
2: 2005 (lightly used, but Spanky clean)

Joe10
06-21-2005, 12:50 PM
well i did consider buying a used 05 mazda 3 but the price difference isnt really that much. Well, only placed i checked was autotrader.ca.

Source, did u get ur mazda 3 used for 22k?

im not really concerned about the New \"one year old\" car because i dont intend on selling it. Also, i would buy the 06 if the price wasnt that much more than the 05, im just afraid that if i were to get the 06, it would be over my budget.

I searched the forum about pricing but i havent seen anyone post a mazda 3 GT with just auto. If anyone has an OTR price of it, that would be greatly appreciated.

TheProfessor
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
If you want the GT with GFX I say get a 2005 as once the 2006\'s come out the dealers will likely just want to move any 05\'s they have lying around. I doubt very much that the price difference between the 05 and 06 will be much, if anything. If you want a very gently used Sport GT PM Eurojet as he is considering selling his, and he bought it only a few months ago (has something like 6K on it), though it\'s 5 speed (the way the 3 should be;) ).

Krakilin
06-21-2005, 01:32 PM
If you only have $25000, you could go cheap and get GS (2006) but if you can get GT (2005), GT with GFX package is do-able.
I bought mine for $26000, but it\'s a standard, with a spoiler with GFX package, but I paid cash that\'s how it was so cheap. But the GFX is definitely worth getting because you get 17\" tires and sporty bumpers/moonroof. But since you\'re getting auto, it\'ll be $1K more, so if you don\'t get the spoiler, maybe you can get it for $26000.
But if you can ONLY spend no more than $25000, I suggest you cheap out and get GS 2006 (just because 2006 GS has more power than the 2005)

Jeff-TheBiz
06-21-2005, 01:57 PM
As of today, still no pricing on the 2006 models

GWShenlong05
06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Uh, whoooa, waitaminnit.

You\'re buying auto?

Auto?

Why?

Buying a Mazda 3 auto is like having sex with all of your clothes on.

Get nekkid, man. Buy a stick. Even if you don\'t know how to drive stick, don\'t let that stop you. When I bought my Celi back in 2001, I had never driven manual in my life. It took me about three months before I was heel-and-toe drifting around corners.

Okay, maybe not heel-and-toe drifting, but you get the idea. It\'s not hard to learn, much more fun to drive, and *way* easier to manage the car during the winter, when snow and ice are on the ground.

Joe10
06-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Well is it possible for me to buy a new 2005 GT with auto for 25k?

The reason why im getting auto is becuz i have to share with my mom. She cant drive manual and i did think of getting manual. I really want to get a manual car.

Oh jeff, i sent u a pm but i dunno if u got it or not but i see it in my undelivered messages. I want know if u can give me a quote on the GT with auto and GT with auto and GFX. my email is randomjoe10@hotmail.com

Thanks, Joe

Jeff-TheBiz
06-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Joe,

PM\'ed you back.
If you gimme a call I will give you some numbers.
But I find it dangerous to quote by email, fax etc..

(905)780-9999
Jeff

Saphress
06-21-2005, 07:05 PM
(laugh) TEChnically Jeff.... It\'s not so dangerous... considering the fact that these prices pretty much get posted here for the quotes anyway... (sheepish grin)... just no credit card numbers... or sin numbers are advised to be released over the internet please... :P

Optimzer
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Saphress

... just no credit card numbers... or sin numbers are advised to be released over the internet please... :P

hey no worries, send me your credit card info and I\'ll take care of it! it\'ll be safe and sound.. muahahahahhaha... :D

mods, anyone?

Krakilin
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Joe10

Well is it possible for me to buy a new 2005 GT with auto for 25k?

The reason why im getting auto is becuz i have to share with my mom. She cant drive manual and i did think of getting manual. I really want to get a manual car.

Thanks, Joe

Yes you get can GT for $25K, but that\'s without the GFX package... NO, don\'t let a woman drive your car, they\'ll break it!

Joe10
06-22-2005, 03:13 PM
I know but i will be the primary driver on the car so my mom wont use it as much as me :D. Krakilin, where did u get the quote on the GT for 25k? and im still pondering if i can get the 2006 GT for 25k. Hope i can :D

SourcE
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Joe,

I paid $22k for an 04 MZ3, GT, with sunroof, A/C and 30k on the clock, plus I got a $5k trade-in on my \'98 Civic (150k km)....

Seemed like a fairly good deal to me, as the MZ3 was in perfick condition, and fully serviced every 6000km