Thread: Mazda of Toronto (old Avante TO)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Toronto (old Avante TO)

So as you may have read here i was having a problem with the ignition switch plus a few other things. I decided to go to Mazda of Toronto even though it\'s nowhere near i live but kind of close to work.

I dropped my car off at 7:30 yesterday and spoke with Suzanne. I told her i was here for warranty work and nothing else. The following needed fixing:

1) faulty ignition
    2) front power windoiw motors/actuators
    3) bottoming out/scraping noise with a fully loaded car going over bumps
    4) glovebox rattle

Before leaving i asked when i would know something and Suzanne told me they would call me to let me know b/c they have to determine what\'s wrong and some parts may not be in stock. that\'s fair. i went to work.

The shuttle driver was \'bleh\'. barely said hello, had the AC blasting even when i asked to tunr it down (he did a little bit) the whole time didn\'t say anything and drove uber slow (40kph) and almost hit two cars (1 would have been his fault)

at 11:20 i called MoT since i hadn\'t heard from them. Suzanne said she should have the report ready shortly. Ok, fine. Except that my definition of shortly is 30min.. ok maybe 1 hour. @ 14:45 i called them back. \"oh your car is ready, come by before 9PM to pick it up\" wtf?

I got into the shuttle again @ Finch and I guess the driver woke up a bit, maybe b/c it was pouring he had something to say i dunno. so were driving even slower than in the morning (fine, it\'s raining) so then i attempted to make small-talk with him
    \"does the 6 come with automatic wipers?\"
    \"Yah, i think so\" - well, that v6 wagon did NOT.. anyway.. then he asked me what car i drove, i said
    \"the mazda3 GT (hatch)\"
    \"oooh..\" pause \"sorry did you say you drive the G35?\" wtf? i drop my G35 at a mazda dealer.. right
    \"no it\'s a mazda3 GT, the sport version\"
    \"ooh.. is it a v6?\" WTF?!!?
    \"no it has the same engine as the base mazda6 model\"
    thankfully by then we got to the dealership..

I go inside and Suzanne tells me
    1) couldn\'t replicate the problem so we didn\'t fix it
    2) fixed the faulty actuators
    3) suspension is all ok, cut out the wheel well as per TSB
    4) glovebox on order

grrr.. i asked what i should do since i live in oakville and well, the ignition doesn\'t throw a CEL or anything - \"bring it by when it happens again\" I ran out to my car and tried to use the FOB - no go. I ran back inside \"it\'s happening now, would you like to take a look at it?\" nobody was, b/c it was pouring out there. Some other guy showed up and kept saying how they can\'t replace something just for the sake of replacing. Understood.. I told them (should have brought a printout but i don\'t think it would have helped) that someone else in AUS and USA had this same problem and they had the ignition switch replaced b/c the ground was getting stuck. They wouldn\'t budge. Finally they said \"Frank\" would have to take a look at it. I waited and waited.. They kept looking parts up and checking if Frank was available. He wasn\'t.. a good 40min later they realized the ignition switch is $40CAD and decided to order it (unhappily but they did) mind you they mentioned something about an immobilizer and tried to pass this off as inconvenient for me (re-keying and reprogramming) Oh and this whole time nobody had a second look at my car so i guess now they are going by \"lets replace it and see if that was the problem\" *sigh*

Anyway, in about a week the glovebox and the ignition switch should arrive and i can get the car fixed up... I get in my car and i see

1) seat waaaayy up close to the steering wheel and the
    2) 2 bottles of water that i had in the door were on the floor
    3) owner\'s manual, insurance, ownership, MAP card all flung across the back seats

now i understand they had to get to the doors and in the glovebox BUT put the shit back where you found it or ask ME to remove it and if you\'re short move the seat up but leave the backrest tilt ALONE, and then replace it to the position you found it in - all the way back, it\'s not that hard.

unfortunately it was Joe\'s day/week off as well as Noah\'s so i was stuck there just sitting and waiting.. hopefully next time when i drop by they\'ll be there.

Final verdict 6/10 - a lot of little things that make customer service pretty crummy.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Mazda of Toronto (old Avante TO)\'

Originally posted by majic

3) owner\'s manual, insurance, ownership, MAP card all flung across the back seats
    I keep my car pretty clean and if I saw that happen to it I would flip!! Avante, I hope you\'re reading this b/c I don\'t want to see my car dirtier/messier than when I left it!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Majic, I\'m shocked, I have received spectacular service from MofT so far. Been there two times and both times were a pleasure. Hopefully somebody was just having a bad day.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe.. maybe not.. they\'ve been pretty good to me when they were Avante TO (although i\'ve mainly dealt with Joe for parts - props to him! and Noah when i bought the car or dropped in for a chat)

what i forgot to tell you guys is some mofo borrowed Alex\'s mazda6 (he\'s one of the sales guys) and left the window and the sun roof wide open! and the sky just opened up and the water pooled inside the car - they said they\'d have to replace the seats, the stereo and the carpet.. the mechanic was laughing.. alex was pissed.. arc

whoever wants to buy a demo 6, don\'t buy a black/charcoal one with a sun roof! :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

left the sunroof wide open...
    wow, that sucks, lol...

maybe when joes not there, they slack off?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh .. just FYI.. apparently the parts have been in since last week (wed/thurs) i called Joe and he let me know that they are in. Suzanne hasn\'t bothered to call me. Let\'s see how long that will take arc next oil change?