"boom goes the dynamite"

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'HID FAQ\'

Is a HID kit required to have xenons or can xenon bulbs just be plugged in to the stock sockets? Also, if a kit is required, then has anyone tried out the cheaper option of using bright white halogens, such as GE Nighthawks or Sylvania Silver Stars? Not quite as good looking as xenons, but almost.
    JVPD

2006 M3 GT Sedan/Arctic White/GFX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay...you\'re about to be Majoogled on your first two posts on this forum...arc

2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously.. juvenile police dept, i don\'t feel like holding your hand today.. so just search.. mmmkaaay??

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JVPD
    Is a HID kit required to have xenons or can xenon bulbs just be plugged in to the stock sockets? Also, if a kit is required, then has anyone tried out the cheaper option of using bright white halogens, such as GE Nighthawks or Sylvania Silver Stars? Not quite as good looking as xenons, but almost.
    A few threads down, there\'s a sticky HID kits vs HID bulbs thread.

GE Nighthawk or Sylvania Silver don\'t look white, but a bit brighter than stock bulbs.

HID-like bulbs never match the brightness of real HID kits. Period.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: HID FAQ

get my facts right....if get HID lowbeams....need do disable DRL? and if so I can still have my fog lights on during the day right? or is der more wiring and stuff to do for that too =/
    2007 Mazda 3 Sport GT - Crystal White Pearl

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you don't have to disable DRLs...its optional with the relay. If you disable the drls you can do a independant fog mod = more wiring. Its an easy mod too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But from what i have read....if i don't disable the DRL then it harms the HIDs? becuase of something about flashing the lights quickly and HIDs don't do that?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a 2007. The DRLs run off of the highbeam so there is no need to disable anything. If you want you can just pull the DRL fuse (#22) and lose the DRLs all together, but it won't affect your HIDs like the 04-06s.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh! thanks alot cwp! so no work needed to be done...wow easier than i thought =D

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even use the wiring harness. Infact when we installed my HIDs, we were able to remove the stock connector that attaches the power/negative wires to the bulb. This gave me 2 male connectors which matched right up with the female connectors on the HID harness. Best connection if you ask me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob alert!! What is the temperature of the OEM HID's on the 2007 Mazda 3? 4100K? I swear I've searched everywhere.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there people...

IM an old member returning finally now that life has stopped being insane...sheesh

anywho i think i found a good deal with a etailer for HID lamps...but im in the dark on this one and he has all these questions so im hoping you guys can point me in the rigt direction...

im goign to post his last email to me here so if someone is so kind to help me answer his questions id buy the next round at starbucks!

================================================
    Hi,
    Thank you for purchase HID Kit from us.
    But you forget to leave the BULB TYPE, COLOR and TELEPHONE No. in the payment note. So there is a delay of the shipping. Please tell us these information ASAP. then we can ship the product immediately.

Please check your currect bulb type.
    When you order, please put what bulb type and color you want in payment note, and your Telephone No. used for delivery!
    In a word, you shuold buy the HID KIT which match your current bulb type. So it can be installed easily.

This is our available color below. You can choose the color you like.

4300K Extreme White 3100 lumens
    6000K Diamond White 2900 lumens
    8000K Iceberg Blue 2500 lumens
    10000K Brilliant Blue 2300 lumens
    12000K Purple 2100 lumens
    We also have 3000k which is yellow, and 15000k which it pink. But you should add $30 for the color. If you want to choose this color, please make your payment at http://www.vvme.com/payment.jsp by paypal or credit card. both of them will be done through paypal's website. Leave your message in payment notes for us. Once we got your payment, we will ship the product immediately.
    Thank you for purchasing from us.

================================================

can anyone help me complete this by making sure i get the right thing here?

thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the ebay auction i bought it from - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?....cWON.m313.lVI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello kristian,

I will try to help you out. In your email, it says that you forgot to include the
    BULB TYPE, COLOR and TELEPHONE No.
    I see that this was stated in the webpage for the auction as well.

1. Bulb type - Now that you want to purchase an HID kit, the seller needs to know which type you want. Different cars use different kits. Do you want low and/or high beams or fog lights? The mazda3 uses H7 for low beams and H11 for fogs.
    You need to choose one and include H7 or H11 in the bill. If you do not include this, the seller will not know which kit to send you, or he may send the wrong kit. If you get the wrong kit, it will not fit into your car, and then it will not work.

2. Colour - Now that you have decided whether you want low beams or fogs, you need to choose what colour you want them to be. He gave you a list of colour options:
    4300K Extreme White 3100 lumens
    6000K Diamond White 2900 lumens
    8000K Iceberg Blue 2500 lumens
    10000K Brilliant Blue 2300 lumens
    12000K Purple 2100 lumens
    We also have 3000k which is yellow, and 15000k which it pink.
    Once again, choose what colour you want and include the option in the bill. For example, if you want the white with a hint of blue/purple, you would put down "6000K Diamond White 2900 lumens".

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13814
    If you are still unsure about what temperature equals what colour, the link on the line above gives you an idea.
    I also see that the seller included his own pictures on the webpage.

3. Telephone number - That should be self explanatory. I am guessing a cell or home phone number will suffice.

So email him back, and include these three things.
    1. H7 or H11
    2. Temperature
    3. Contact number
    Last edited by mit-gee-mui; 12-09-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: H7 = Low beams, Thanks 3gfx! =)
    2005 Winning Blue Mica sedan (sold)
    2006 Snowflake White Pearl hatch (sold)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I would cancel the order. I don't trust these kits and I wouldn't expect this kit to be of good quality. Plus I don't see anything about a warrantee on the page.

Many of our sponsors are selling high quality kits with at least a years warrantee for anywhere from $130 - $250 Cdn. Try looking at any one of these on the forum as quality can be assured. Many of us (including myself) use a kit for either of our sponsors and have had good results and dependable quality and service. Re-evaluate your decision for the price. Keep in mind you get what you pay for.

If you decide to follow through with the purchase I'd get the H7 (low beams) and 6000k.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys for your help...

I'm not going to cancel the order but try it out and see...

He was referred to me by a contact i have in China that to do alot of dealings with. So we will see...

my cousin is going to install them and ill make sure to post pics...

thanks guys i appreciate it very much for your help - Starbucks on me next round.

K

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    You have a 2007. The DRLs run off of the highbeam so there is no need to disable anything. If you want you can just pull the DRL fuse (#22) and lose the DRLs all together, but it won't affect your HIDs like the 04-06s.
    I have a 2006 M3 GT...does that mean that I have to disable my DRLs? Can I switch the DRLs to the high beams? If I can then what are the cons of doing that on a 2006....Also, If I were to purchase a prolumen kit either 5000K or 6000K (havent decided yet) would i be able to still run the DRLs on the low beam by means of a relay or I have no choice but to disable them or switch to the high beams....

I thinks Devin was mentioning about a prolumen kit with Canadian install kit a on some of the older posts that takes care of the DRLs but I did not understand his messages...I have tried to contact him but no reply so far...coulld you shade some light on this?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdathree View Post
    I have a 2006 M3 GT...does that mean that I have to disable my DRLs? Can I switch the DRLs to the high beams? If I can then what are the cons of doing that on a 2006....Also, If I were to purchase a prolumen kit either 5000K or 6000K (havent decided yet) would i be able to still run the DRLs on the low beam by means of a relay or I have no choice but to disable them or switch to the high beams....

I thinks Devin was mentioning about a prolumen kit with Canadian install kit a on some of the older posts that takes care of the DRLs but I did not understand his messages...I have tried to contact him but no reply so far...coulld you shade some light on this?
    on a 2006 GT (what I have)
    With HIDs and the re-lay; you keep the auto light function but lose DRLs.
    You can modify your car to run DRLs as Fogs (you have to turn them on manually) or as highbeams.

I personally don't have DRLs anymore.

and 5000K FTW

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuman View Post
    on a 2006 GT (what I have)
    With HIDs and the re-lay; you keep the auto light function but lose DRLs.
    You can modify your car to run DRLs as Fogs (you have to turn them on manually) or as highbeams.

I personally don't have DRLs anymore.

and 5000K FTW
    Is it not necessary to have DRLs when the car is running? or it doesnt matter....not sure if cops care about that....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it not necessary to have DRLs when the car is running? or it doesnt matter....not sure if cops care about that....
    i've went two years without problems from cops.
    I do turn on my night time lights earlier. (I don't use the auto function anymore, even though it works. Don't like having my HIDs turn on for 2 seconds under a tunnel).

The HTA also says lights are required 30 min before sunset to 30 min after sunrise.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuman View Post
    i've went two years without problems from cops.
    I do turn on my night time lights earlier. (I don't use the auto function anymore, even though it works. Don't like having my HIDs turn on for 2 seconds under a tunnel).

The HTA also says lights are required 30 min before sunset to 30 min after sunrise.
    ok...i think alot of people are not using their auto function to protect their HIDs......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok...i think alot of people are not using their auto function to protect their HIDs......
    this makes me wonder how are the 07s and the 08s not getting affected as their also have the same functions.....they have stock HIDs on the low beams, DRLs on high beams...not sure how its so different...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this makes me wonder how are the 07s and the 08s not getting affected as their also have the same functions.....they have stock HIDs on the low beams, DRLs on high beams...not sure how its so different...
    I'm sure the HIDs turns on the same as if we used the auto function.
    Maybe they have a slightly longer delay.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast