Thread: Problems with lug nuts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems with lug nuts

Holy god.. the lug nuts on the wheels are on so tight!!.. I understand its for safety so your wheels don\'t fly off but c\'mon.. It took my entire body weight plus the wrench that came with the car to loosen them. Even worse is I only got the front two calipers done and can\'t even loosen the back two, I have wheel locks and might need a new key, or even a new lock..

I don\'t get it, I used the wrench that came with the car to try to loosen the wheel lock (counter clockwise) on both my back wheels and they wouldn\'t budge, I could loosen the other lug nuts but not the wheel locks. The damn wheel lock key is all mashed up now.. and by the looks of it the locks on the back two wheels seem to have some of the idents shaved off from \"trying\" to loosen them.

May I ask how the members on here took their lug nuts/wheel locks off? this was the first time since I got my car that I took em off and I\'ve never seen them on that tight before, even my old car wasn\'t this tight.

should I go to the dealership to get a replacement (only had it since April) or just tell em to take off the locks and put the lug nuts back on and be done with it?

.. .I think I gotta get a torque wrench.. more money.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Problems with lug nuts\'

Yeah they come pretty damn tight from the factory. When they are properly torqued down (I do the high end of what the manual says) they come off without too much hassle.

I think the very first time I took them off I had to practically jump on the wrench to get them loose.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah. A torque wrench won\'t help you getting them off.. just use a longer bar on the stock lug wrench. It is useful for putting them back on properly, though

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, I think I have to order a new key.. damn it!.