Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 maintenance schedule

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda3 maintenance schedule

This is what I do when I get a new "used" car, flush the fluids (brake, coolant, oil, tranny, power steering), change plugs/air filter. I do it myself so it all costs me under 100$, sometimes I don't need to change some of the fluids because previous owners have done it before (only believe previous owners if they provide paper work to back it up). Otherwise make sure a GOOD mechanic has a once over of the car and inspect for wear, if you haven't done so already.
    Mazda Auto body Technician

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...I was at QEW mazda for an oil change just last weekend, I've mentioned that I am a TM3 member, but now that I am looking at the invoice, i dont think i get 15% off...is that cuz i didnt put on TM3 sticker yet??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by henryko View Post
    Hm...I was at QEW mazda for an oil change just last weekend, I've mentioned that I am a TM3 member, but now that I am looking at the invoice, i dont think i get 15% off...is that cuz i didnt put on TM3 sticker yet??
    oil changes are considered a "menu" service..ie no profit. None of the affiliate dealers discount this basic service.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    oil changes are considered a "menu" service..ie no profit. None of the affiliate dealers discount this basic service.
    Oh, that's good to know! thx!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, i guess the 15% discount will work for the 96k major service? i am quoted >$300...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Hey Ami,

I have been checking this no discount oil service thing with our affiliates, and when I visited Hamilton Mountain Mazda, they gladly offered 17% off their oil change. with taxes and all, my invoice price is always $44.23 (regular oil)

Have some dealerships been selective? Mind you, I have TM3 plates.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zmz3 View Post
    Hey Ami,

I have been checking this no discount oil service thing with our affiliates, and when I visited Hamilton Mountain Mazda, they gladly offered 17% off their oil change. with taxes and all, my invoice price is always $44.23 (regular oil)

$44.23 doesn't seem like much of a discount, my last change at QEW was $4x something too.

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XTOTHEL View Post
    Hey Ami,

$44.23 doesn't seem like much of a discount, my last change at QEW was $4x something too.
    +1. If they're discounting, it's not 17%. Maybe 1.7%...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ami,

Oil changes are normally $39.99. If you factor in that 17% discount, it'll be 39.99 - (39.99x0.17) = 33.19. Adding the taxes gets you up to $37.51..

If you go this route in finding it out 38.99 + tax = 44.06. Which means they're probably giving you about $1 discount because 39.99 + tax = 45.19... Just a thought.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rzapata View Post
    Oil changes are normally $39.99. If you factor in that 17% discount, it'll be 39.99 - (39.99x0.17) = 33.19. Adding the taxes gets you up to $37.51..

If you go this route in finding it out 38.99 + tax = 44.06. Which means they're probably giving you about $1 discount because 39.99 + tax = 45.19... Just a thought.
    I see. Well on the invoice, I see the 17% applied.

As for actual oil change price, mine includes filter and oil. I assume most dealerships do that as well?

Hmm, i'll ask them next time why is the price not moving down LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Well on the invoice, I see the 17% applied.

As for actual oil change price, mine includes filter and oil. I assume most dealerships do that as well?

Hmm, i'll ask them next time why is the price not moving down LOL
    Yeah, the 39.99 should include the oil and filter. I believe it says on their signs or somewhere that 39.99 should include oil and filter.

You might want to ask them about that. Normally they'd show the price of oil and filter on the invoice and a breakdown of some other stuff.. Good luck!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, this is a great thread with good info. I have a question about the maintenance schedule for low-mileage cars.

My Mazda 3 is about a year and a half old, but I only have 7,500 kms on it, since I drive it only as an occasional use vehicle and mostly get around on foot or with public transit.

I scheduled an appointment to change the tires, and was told that I was due for my 24,000km inspection, and that it would be a $200 service charge.

Now, I understand that the oil needs to be changed regularly even when you don't drive the car all the time. But do I really need a 24,000km service check when I've only driven 7,500kms?

I do maybe 5,000kms/year, and that's a lot of money to spend on checking and maintaining parts that should be nowhere near worn out yet. Of course, I don't want to void the warranty, either. But are there any optional places where I could save some cash?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change the tires you mean rotate them??
    Any mechanic shop will be able to do your service.. just gotta call around and get some prices.

Also if you are wanting to save cash.. dont blow it on spending 20-30 dollars for your tires to be rotated. Do that yourself.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I mean change the tires as in put on winter tires in the fall and take them off in the spring. I live in Montreal; we use winter tires here.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi , I have around 96000 km on my Mazda 3 and the only schedule maintenance I did was the 24 K , after that i said a big f***ing ''NO" to all the other ones , its a rip-off , they charge 200 $ for something you can do yourself or pay hafl less somewhere else .

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps3alltheway View Post
    Hi , I have around 96000 km on my Mazda 3 and the only schedule maintenance I did was the 24 K , after that i said a big f***ing ''NO" to all the other ones , its a rip-off , they charge 200 $ for something you can do yourself or pay hafl less somewhere else .
    It's all about peace of mind with your warranty really, otherwise why even go to a dealer for ANY work?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    It's all about peace of mind with your warranty really, otherwise why even go to a dealer for ANY work?
    Your totally right. My car has reached its 1 year mark at 18KM. Maple Mazda called me recently to have me come in for the yearly maintenance at around $210. Didn't really like the price, so I did a bit of research and decided to take it to a friends recommended mechanic shop near Markville in Markham for it instead. That place quoted me around $160. I was debating if I should drive all the way there and have it maintained there or just pay the extra $50 or so at mazda for peace of mind. I have no clue if that shop knows what kind of annual maintenance my car needs, but I explained to him the required things that were listed. Kinda made me feel a bit skeptical, but heck I'll gave it a try. My appointment is tomorrow. People just told me to keep the receipts and stuff for records. Now I'm just wondering if I could of gotten that 1 yr maintenance for cheaper, but I understand you kinda pay for what you get deal.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dealerships are always more

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    WHATTTTTTTTTTT are you kidding me LOL?
    Ok I took the longuest one , the one you ''have to do'' at 96 000 KM

Every 96,000 km or 48 months
    Inspect engine coolant level , Inspect function of all lights, Lubricate all locks and hinges, Replace engine oil, Replace oil filter, Replace air cleaner element, Replace coolant, Inspect disc brakes (front and rear) and lubricate caliper slide rails/pins, Inspect brake drum system including parkingbrake, Inspect fuel lines and hoses, Inspect exhaust system and heat shields, Inspect driveshaft dust boots, Inspect all suspension components front and rear including ball joints and driveshafts, Inspect emission hoses and tubes, Inspect manual transmission oil, Drive Belt Tension Inspect every 56,000 kms, Engine Valve Clearance Audible check and adjust if noisy every 120,000 kms, Replace spark plugs at 120,000 kilometres.

except the COOLANT replacing , there's nothing in that that is WORTH the price of thoses inspections ... LOL inspect suspension , inspect this inspect that . You can do that yourself in 5 minutes , they dont ****ing do stress tests on your car , all they do is jack it up and check for loose part and believe me you will know before they do if you have a problem with one of your Front end parts , and COOLANT replacement is a joke I don't replace my coolant unless it is DUE , Just buy a Coolant tester at CT for 10 bucks and test it once in a while ... and wow , inspect function of all lights ... inspect engine coolant level ..hahaha !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do they check at 24,000 km or 1 YEAR is there a checklist for the inspection they perform?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suparobg View Post
    What do they check at 24,000 km or 1 YEAR is there a checklist for the inspection they perform?
    http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/pdf/parts...aintenance.pdf

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm due for my 40K service this month and in a couple of week, this will be my 2yr owning the car.

For now I just want to get the oil and oil filter changed (I'll provide my own oil).

Should I go ahead and perform the whole 48K service now?

Dealer price is over $200 for 48K service(over $300 if I want to get the cabin air filter replaced).

I think I should run this maintenance for now:

EVERY 40,000 KM OR 24 MONTHS
    • Replace engine oil; Replace oil filter
    • Replace cabin air filter, if equipped (optional)

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by runner2k; 03-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by runner2k View Post
    I'm due for my 40K service this month and in a couple of week, this will be my 2yr owning the car.

For now I just want to get the oil and oil filter changed (I'll provide my own oil).

Should I go ahead and perform the whole 48K service now?

Dealer price is over $200 for 48K service(over $300 if I want to get the cabin air filter replaced).

I think I should run this maintenance for now:

EVERY 40,000 KM OR 24 MONTHS
    • Replace cabin air filter, if equipped (optional)

Any thoughts?

You should have the brakes done (caliper pins greased plus inspection) at around 48k.

I would also recommend doing the cabin air filter. Those things get pretty dirty. You could wait a little longer for the filter I suppose.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In short,

You would run the regular 40K tomorrow:

• Regular inspections

And then, within 4 months or 8K (2yr and 4mth) you would run the whole big service which is:

EVERY 48,000 KM OR 24 MONTHS

• Replace cabin air filter, if equipped

• Inspect cooling system, pressure test cap
    and system for leaks
    • Inspect fuel lines and hoses
    • Inspect brake lines, hoses and connections
    • Inspect steering operation and linkage
    • Inspect front and rear suspension components,
    ball joints and wheel bearing axial play
    • Inspect driveshaft dust boots
    • Tighten bolts and nuts on chassis and body

OR as per first post:

Every 48,000 km or 24 months
    Inspect engine coolant level , Inspect function of all lights, Lubricate all locks and hinges, Replace engine oil, Replace oil filter, Replace air cleaner element, Inspect disc brakes (front and rear) and lubricate caliper slide rails/pins, Inspect brake drum system including parkingbrake, Inspect fuel lines and hoses, Inspect exhaust system and heat shields, Inspect driveshaft dust boots, Inspect all suspension components front and rear including ball joints and driveshafts, Drive Belt Tension Inspect every 56,000 kms, Engine Valve Clearance Audible check and adjust if noisy every 120,000 kms, Replace spark plugs at 120,000 kilometres.

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's what I would do. Everyone has their own thoughts on it though. It's whether or not you buy into some of the extra stuff they are going to try and up-sell when you do the 48k you'll have to watch out for.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cwp_sedan For This Useful Post:

runner2k (12-11-2017)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast