I second the "wtfdtm??" motion.
I second the "wtfdtm??" motion.
Mazda 3 GT 2008, Sunlight Silver
iirc i think they quoted me around 220 for brakes and oilchange.
2006 Mazda 3 GS
i third it.... what is "the a" fang?
2013 Mazda 3 GS Sport Sky CWP
18" RX8's Wrapped in Sumitomos
i think Fang means "give them a call" lol
Current: MagnaFlow CBE, CR SRI, RX-8 rims wrapped in Hercules Raptus WR-1 for summer, Tints - 30% front 20% rear, Magnum Rotors, Hood Deflector, AUXMod
In Progress: Complete Suspension Overhaul / Body and Paint / Mazdaspeed rear spoiler / Plasti-Dip Emblems, front grill
Still Deciding: Audio
\m/ metal \m/
I am also ready for my 24k service and I am going to MoT. Out of Oakville, Erin Mills, Westowne and MoT, all were pretty much the same for the 24k "package". However I decided to by my own oil and get an oil change $27, and brake service $167, which works out to be cheaper than the package. Also elsewhere the brake service alone was adding up to $200. So all in all the rough estimate for the 24k service if you provide your own oil is about $197 (taxes in, which includes our 10% discount) oh and that includes the tire rotation since they have to take the tires off for the brake service.
This is how it is for all manufacturer's - with lack of lubrication, it is expected for these things to seize, because they're dry
Remember, the maintenance package is designed by Mazda Canada for it's Mazda's vehicles.
On Honda's they are serviced every 16,000 km, on Toyota's they are serviced every 24,000 km as well - and their annual packages are $245.00 plus tax
Mazda actually beats these other manufacturer as a lower maintenance cost vehicle to own
BTW all first time customers to Agincourt Mazda's Service Department receive an automatic 10% on all services excluding Lube, oil and filter
How much is the 96,000km service?
I'm at 9k and hven't done any maintenance other than oil changes... does this affect my warantee. i'm going to get the 8k done at Windsor Mazda, what kind of price and service should i be looking for?
I don't see when you are supposed to change the Transmission Fluid? Any ideas? I called my dealer today asking about the $260 48,000 km service, and they told me that this doesn't include the transmision fluid change and that will cost an extra $190.00.
I just did some quick searching as I don't remember what I paid for my flush at 50K or so but a complete flush goes for around $139.95 at a dealership, on top of your normal 48K service.
so i just passed 8000 kms and need to take the car in.
1. am i just looking at an oil change?
2. what's a reasonable price range?
3. is there any (dis)advantage to taking it to the same dealer i bought it from?
4. i (simply tire) already put the snow tires on and i didn't mark which of the all seasons went where - will it matter when we go to putht hem back on in the spring?
as always, thanks in advance for the advice/answers.
1. You can get the regular maintenance, which includes oil change, lubrication of all hinges, "inspection of brakes etc". When I took mine into MOT to get this service, since I change the tires myself, I told them not to do that, but other than that the 4 months/8000kms service is what I'd do.
2. As a result of telling them not to change my tires, they knocked off some money because it was one less thing for them to do.
3. No, there's no difference. I bought my car from a different dealer than I am currently servicing mine at. Went to any dealer for the best price, and am currently going to the closest dealer with the best customer service (Ajax mazda)
4. You can always mark the tires when you take them off before storing them for the summer
Sometimes you can get the first service for free, depending on who you ask. I did by doing some survey. See what you can get! Good luck
As long as u have a reciept from autho mechanic u can get maint done anywhere
how come now Atx or man fluid on the list? when is timing belt due?
'07 2.3 has a chain correct?
Every 48,000 km or 24 months
Inspect engine coolant level , Inspect function of all lights, Lubricate all locks and hinges, Replace engine oil, Replace oil filter, Replace air cleaner element, Inspect disc brakes (front and rear) and lubricate caliper slide rails/pins, Inspect brake drum system including parkingbrake, Inspect fuel lines and hoses, Inspect exhaust system and heat shields, Inspect driveshaft dust boots, Inspect all suspension components front and rear including ball joints and driveshafts, Drive Belt Tension Inspect every 56,000 kms, Engine Valve Clearance Audible check and adjust if noisy every 120,000 kms, Replace spark plugs at 120,000 kilometres.
From my call to the dealer this morning I was told that the tire rotation was included in the price of my 48 Mth service.
I take my 3 in tomorrow morning. The one thing that I am happily surprised with is that in the 48K that I have been driving this car over two years, it has been rattle, knock and squeak free. That could be why I see more of 3's on the road than Civics or Corolla's these days.