Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 maintenance schedule

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda3 maintenance schedule

Does anyone has any idea how much wuold it cost to perform the 12month/24,000km maintenance at street performance?
    Davy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lee-McNair View Post
    Just to clarify - if your calipers seize (which is really only going to occur due to lack of lubrication - hence annual brake servicing), and you have not performed your annual brake service; either in the package or on it's own, your calipers will not be covered under manufacturer's warranty

This is how it is for all manufacturer's - with lack of lubrication, it is expected for these things to seize, because they're dry

Remember, the maintenance package is designed by Mazda Canada for it's Mazda's vehicles.
    On Honda's they are serviced every 16,000 km, on Toyota's they are serviced every 24,000 km as well - and their annual packages are $245.00 plus tax

Mazda actually beats these other manufacturer as a lower maintenance cost vehicle to own

Go see the price to replace a caliper, and then the price for the service. Might help you choose!
    Originally Posted by mechanix565 :
    ''the reason i want twins is because i dont know how you would go about hooking up a single turbo because i have dual exhaust...''

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello guys, just have a question about how do i get discount if im going to do an oil change @ MOT?
    Where? who should i talk to or go to, to be able to get discount for a service?

Thanks!
    ~2010 Mazda 3 Sedan Comfort Package -Aluminum Metallic Mica 38P~

35% Tint, HiD kit, full LED interior, Window Visor, GV Front lip, Side skirt, lip spoiler
    Aluminum Pedal, Sickspeed Horn, 2012 MS3 wheels (summer) SRI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom4106 View Post
    hello guys, just have a question about how do i get discount if im going to do an oil change @ MOT?
    Where? who should i talk to or go to, to be able to get discount for a service?

Thanks!
    Read following link...

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...zda-of-Toronto

Short version, talk to service rep when you get there and also...

10% Discount on Labour on additional work (oil change and special services excluded)
    2008.5 GT Sport - Black Mica - SOLD!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 - Black Mica - Minor Mods

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought a off lease 2006 M3 Hatch (110k) today and pick it up on Tuesday. What should I do to get myself on a maintenance scheduled? Do I assume all is cool for 6 months or take it to my mechanic now?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chachacha View Post
    Just bought a off lease 2006 M3 Hatch (110k) today and pick it up on Tuesday. What should I do to get myself on a maintenance scheduled? Do I assume all is cool for 6 months or take it to my mechanic now?
    take it to your mechanic now, and have him perform the maintenance.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading this makes my head hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    I replaced my oil at 3000km by original Mazda Dexelia and changed filter.
    All did without dialer. Original filter has no any inscription except
    “Genuine part”. In warranty case it could be problem.
    When I disassembled filter I found quite many metal particles sand size and oil inside filter had metal dust. Can’t to understand, what people meaning when speaking about modern precision in engine manufacturing.
    To addition original Mazda oil is “hydro cracked“ . I’m not confident it really could to work good whole year. Many people not changing oil and feeling well.
    You choose.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bringing it back ....

Every 96,000 km or 48 monthsInspect engine coolant level , Inspect function of all lights, Lubricate all locks and hinges, Replace engine oil, Replace oil filter, Replace air cleaner element, Replace coolant, Inspect disc brakes (front and rear) and lubricate caliper slide rails/pins, Inspect brake drum system including parkingbrake, Inspect fuel lines and hoses, Inspect exhaust system and heat shields, Inspect driveshaft dust boots, Inspect all suspension components front and rear including ball joints and driveshafts, Inspect emission hoses and tubes, Inspect manual transmission oil, Drive Belt Tension Inspect every 56,000 kms, Engine Valve Clearance Audible check and adjust if noisy every 120,000 kms, Replace spark plugs at 120,000 kilometres.

So I am due for an OIL CHANGE ... should I just go for this and the oil change is considered part of this maintenance schedule or what? Also worth this or not? I'm a 2006 with 98k on the car right now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm... so I guess it's worth it to get it done... have to get my etest before April

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by towelsnap View Post
    hmmm... so I guess it's worth it to get it done... have to get my etest before April
    If you are in the Mississauga area we offer TM3 member 15% off any repair or service (other than minor services like 8k's or LOF's)
    Dave Smith
    Service Manager
    Direct Mazda
    905-812-8882

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah hes all the way in kingston.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil05gx View Post
    nah hes all the way in kingston.
    just letting everyone in the GTA know as well

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Direct Mazda Service View Post
    If you are in the Mississauga area we offer TM3 member 15% off any repair or service (other than minor services like 8k's or LOF's)
    I'm actually due for my first maintenance service and live in the mississauga area. Do I just tell the service department when I book my appointment that i'm apart of the TM3 community?
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS - Gunmetal Blue - 6speed M/T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cust0m View Post
    I'm actually due for my first maintenance service and live in the mississauga area. Do I just tell the service department when I book my appointment that i'm apart of the TM3 community?
    The 15% discount does not apply to the regular 8k services, only the 1 year services and another other non maintenance repair. example brake work, flushes, suspension repair

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. I'm new here, so sorry if this is a newbie question. This is something that has been bugging me for awhile.

Maintenance is 8000 km or four months. Trouble is, I work close to where I live, so I don't put 8k on the car in four months, and I hate to drop the money/time to change the oil & filter after 3000 or 4000 km. This is my first Mazda after several years of driving a Toyota - I switched due to dealership issues on the trade-in on my old car with Toyota. Toyota seemed fine with the 8k and never said a thing about a time limit.

So here's the question - how firm are they on the four months? Can I get away with six without getting into warranty trouble? I have a 2010. The dealer gave me three free oil changes when I bought the car (for use within a year), so I stuck to the four months for that period. I'm good with the maintenance otherwise and follow the recommendations as to what to do at every interval, but bringing in the car for work after a few thousand km of driving really bugs me.

Thoughts?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having the same confusion as Mr.Shim had, I bought a new M3 end of last year and is going to be due at end of this month for 8k/4months and It only ran 2200 Kms. Got a phone call from the dealer reminding me of my first maintenance due and asked if I need an appt for it. I said I would call them back. I reviewed this thread and decided to stick to recommended maintenance route. However as a newbie to a new car for first time maintenance ever, I have no idea how good the dealer's service will be and how pricy will it be. My friend had a coupon from Canadian Tire for oil/filter change, lube etc for 39.99 plus tax, would it be an alternate instead going to the dealer? Also recently I can hear rattle sound coming from the brake area when completely press it and then release it on a flat ground, will the brake inspection fee be covered under warranty?

Thanks everyone in advance for your advice/opinions.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 15% discount does not apply to the regular 8k services, only the 1 year services and another other non maintenance repair. example brake work, flushes, suspension repair
    Just to reiterate, I can get 15% off if I go in for power steering fluid, coolant and brake fluid flushes?? I just have to say that I'm a TM3 member??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billinma View Post
    I am having the same confusion as Mr.Shim had, I bought a new M3 end of last year and is going to be due at end of this month for 8k/4months and It only ran 2200 Kms. Got a phone call from the dealer reminding me of my first maintenance due and asked if I need an appt for it. I said I would call them back. I reviewed this thread and decided to stick to recommended maintenance route. However as a newbie to a new car for first time maintenance ever, I have no idea how good the dealer's service will be and how pricy will it be. My friend had a coupon from Canadian Tire for oil/filter change, lube etc for 39.99 plus tax, would it be an alternate instead going to the dealer? Also recently I can hear rattle sound coming from the brake area when completely press it and then release it on a flat ground, will the brake inspection fee be covered under warranty?

Thanks everyone in advance for your advice/opinions.
    With respect to your question about the oil change price from a Mazda dealership, they will do oil+filter for $34.99 + tax ... that was my last invoice for QEW Mazda... Since you are still brand new, going to dealership for Oil change might do you good if you want that brake inspection for free... I mean it won't do magic, but it'll work in your favour and other warranty related items.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rzapata View Post
    Just to reiterate, I can get 15% off if I go in for power steering fluid, coolant and brake fluid flushes?? I just have to say that I'm a TM3 member??
    Yes the 15% applies to those services

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am due for my 1 yr/24k service soon. I have less than 9500 km on my car. Should i go for the brake maintainance?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Replying to Topic \'Mazda3 maintenance schedule\'

Quote Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
    gah, markham mazda just quoted me $55 + tax for my 2nd service (8 months). Including tire rotation.
    is that normal??
    cuz i bought mine at mazda, granted i still havent gotten my car yet, this monday, buttt still want to be ahead of what i need for the car

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Replying to Topic \'Mazda3 maintenance schedule\'

Quote Originally Posted by bdonion View Post
    is that normal??
    cuz i bought mine at mazda, granted i still havent gotten my car yet, this monday, buttt still want to be ahead of what i need for the car
    34.99 8k service + 19.99 tire rotation... seems right?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that said, how much would the 24k/1yr service cost (before taxes) factoring in this 15% TM3 discount and also me supplying my own oil - tire rotation also unnecessary as winters just came off a short while ago. Please also indicate how much time is needed for this to be done.

Thanks.

Yes the 15% applies to those services

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got quoted $350 for the 96k service at Direct Mazda. I know it's a big service so I expected a lot. The parts are only $50 of that though. Is 300 for labour a little steep or about right? I don't mind payin' if it's standard but I'd just like to know and make sure I'm not getting jipped. =)

K&N High Flow Air Filter | Magnaflow Exhaust | Yellow Fogs | Axela Badge | AE Grill | Window Visors | Tein S-Techs

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Mazda3 maintenance schedule

Hi..I am a new member to this.I bought a preowned 2005 mazda 3 i.Could you tell me the difference between the mazda3 i and other models like GX,GT,etc..etc..its a 2.0ltr engin.I am going to get it next few days.Please tell me what are the initial maintenance to be done before using the car since its a pre owned car.

Thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast