Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prototype Nissan GTR

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Prototype Nissan GTR\'

$80G\'s is still too much, no matter how much many of us have loved the Skyline, the typical North American will not necessarily know the car\'s history, and more importantly, likely won\'t be willing to shell out that kind of money for it. That\'s more than an M3 isn\'t it?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that it\'s RHD is enough to keep me from even considering a Motorex converted R34. What\'s going to happen when you try to make a left turn?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by autoexe

The fact that it\'s RHD is enough to keep me from even considering a Motorex converted R34. What\'s going to happen when you try to make a left turn?
    just keep making rights until you\'re heading in the right direction
    Mig

2002 SV650S

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PSIVIC

$80G\'s is still too much, no matter how much many of us have loved the Skyline, the typical North American will not necessarily know the car\'s history, and more importantly, likely won\'t be willing to shell out that kind of money for it. That\'s more than an M3 isn\'t it?
    M3 - $74,400 CDN
    333hp RWD

M5 - $115,500 CDN
    500hp RWD

R34 - $80,000 USD = $94,200 CDN
    276hp AWD

R35 - $???
    ???hp AWD

More info

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the above info you can get a BMW M3 for less money than the Skyline, and I think that\'s a problem. Many people would prefer to drive a Bimmer than a Nissan (and yes, I know they will likely brand it as an Infiniti in NA, but most people still associate the two).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being sold globally FINALLY, but still no word if its infitity or nissan or even both. I will flip if I see one of these on the road.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ocober 26th 2007. We will see the official release of the NISSAN GT-R

another 400 something days... yippee... another 600 or so until we can actually buy one...Zzzzzz:zzz

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the car of the Future!

I want one

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody thinks the rear end looks something like some of the newer model Corvettes?

Loving the front, and the lines though. Very sexah.
    2006 Winning Blue Mazda 3 GT Sport Hatchback

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dredd2099

Originally posted by iconicrocket

Whats the expected Horsepower on this thing?

Could be time to get back in on some Nissan stock.
    they still couldnt decide wether to use the current VQ engine plus twin turbo
    or the V8 engine (currently 335hp in the M45) \'massaged\' for the car
    Agree, V8 turbo will be much more interesting. I think turbo version of the VQ45 or VH45 is kind of too wide. A VQ41DETT will be interesting though since the engine already exist plus it\'s 1.5 inch narrower then the VQ/VH45 counterpart. Rumor has it though that they\'ll us the VQ33DETT which is currently spec engine use in SuperGT.

Of course in a Nissan wetdream, they not shove that 5.7L Titan motor in it.

Car sold on 2007/3 and still in newbie status!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the previous proto was nicer, a little less curvey. Then again this one is nicely agressive, and really fairly close to the original proto R35 GTR. They\'ve lost some of the key styling que\'s like the housing around the round tail lamps. Plus it looks nothing like the regular Skyline, which is partly nice but doesn\'t have that appeal the way the R-34 did. The R-34 GTR was a step above the regular GT-S or GT 34. Just like a 3-series and M3 its gotta have some relation visually to the \'base\' model. But at the same time, given a shot of adreniline!!

It does look great though, very aggressive. The front looks somewhat like the EVO X concept.

So its impressive, and I give it a thumbs up all in all for design.

For the engine? a V-8 would be cool, but this is not an american muscle car, its a jap sports car. Basically the GTR is like a 4-cyl sentra, BUT TOTALLY BIGGER AND BETTER!!! Its supposed to be a BIG tuner car. So a 6cyl turbo is what its all about! A 6cyl engine is lighter than a v8, smoother running, higher revving, and can still make just as much power. I\'m sure we\'ll see at least 400hp. The thing is that with the RS4 and new M3 in its way, it will either have to up the horsepower to about 500, or keep its weight down.

I guess we\'ll just have to wait and see!

I\'ll be first in line for a poster
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new engine is the VQ35HR (High Revolution) Motor found in the G35.

...80% of major parts (except bolts, O-rings and clips) redesigned. The block features ladder frame construction for greater rigidity, crank journal and pin diameters have been increased, the block height increased by 8.4 millimeters to reduce piston side force and the engine center is now 15 millimeters lower.

Other engine enhancements include the addition of standard variable exhaust cam timing (eCVTCS), a higher rev limit (increased from 6,600 rpm to 7,500 rpm) and higher compression ratio (10.6:1 versus the previous 10.3:1), asymmetric piston skirts, twin knock sensors, improved coolant flow and new Iridium spark plugs.

A new symmetric twin ram air intake system helps reduce airflow resistance by 18% and a new exhaust system design with equal length exhaust manifolds and reduced muffler exhaust pressure help improve engine breathing. Both are tuned to create authoritative harmonies, helping enhance driving pleasure.

The result of all these changes is an estimated 300-plus horsepower and a powerful torque curve (final horsepower and torque figures will be released at a later date), an exciting engine sound and expected improvements in emissions and fuel economy.

The new VQ engine design also includes a long list of advanced systems found on the previous design – including a continuously variable valve timing control system, a \"noiseless\" timing chain for quiet operation, an electronically controlled \"drive-by-wire\" throttle system, microfinished crank journals and cam lobes, and molybdenum coated lightweight pistons.

The G35 is also available with AWD....So maybe that would be something found on the new GT-R.??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another ammusing thing is the number of GT-R...Nissan GT-R..GTR2007... sites that are up and running. LOL The car dosen\'t exsist yet there are a dozen sites/forums for it.
    I guess if your site gets popular...you can charge $$ for sponsors to advertise....as well as get cheap kit for your car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12