Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brake Options for the Mazda 3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Brake Options for the Mazda 3

Also pay attention to the friction code written on the pads, that tells you something about braking power of the pads. These are FG , metallic one is FE for the same brand

Sent from my Moto G4+ using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiviuTincu For This Useful Post:

G ~ MINI (02-04-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.r1concepts.com/geomet

i know Msport does drilled and slotted but i decided to got for R1 Concept OEM size drilled and slotted Carbon Alloy rotors
    and matched with their street performance pads. Yep its us funds ...but i waited for a 20% discount before xmas 2018.

If you are considering a Big Break set up for you Mazda ..check theirs https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brake Rotor Question:
    Can the oem front rotors / caliper which are on the 16" rims fit the rear ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So its time for me to change mine... OEM Rotors and Pads are about $670 with TM3 discount...my have times changed. Is anything better than OEM? I found Hawk has not been as grippy as OEM
    2008.5 Metropolitan Grey Mica Mazda 3 GT Hatch with Luxury Package DONE: OEM LED Side Mirror Turn Signals | TM3 Decals / Plates | Axela Badge | 3M Scotchguard Film on Front Hood / Fenders | Solarguard Quantum Tints 37% Front 28% Back | Flipkey | JDM Rainguards | MS3 Rear Valence | Super White LED Interior / Trunk / License Plate Lights | Smoked LED Sidermarkers | Powdercoated Blue 18" OZ Ultraleggera Rims | Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 | Blue Calipers with Gunmetal Axela Decals | HID 6000K/3000K with Yellow Film Fogs | Hella Tones | Rally Armor Mudflaps | Powdercoated Gunmetal Xenon Expert Aluminum Pedals | Clear Reflectors | Carbon Fibre Rear Emblem Insert | Redline Elite Hood Lifts | CP-E Tow Plate | Her: 2012 Sky Blue Mica Mazda 3 GS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ogata View Post
    So its time for me to change mine... OEM Rotors and Pads are about $670 with TM3 discount...my have times changed. Is anything better than OEM? I found Hawk has not been as grippy as OEM
    $670 for OEM rotors and pads? That's $167 a corner. I don't know where you got that price but its seems extremely high.

Check out MaxBrakes first. I paid less then $200 for their top set all around, and are still on them almost 5 years later.

I can't remember how they compare to OEM cause I haven't had OEM for many years, but they are pretty good.

_3
    Last edited by Flagrum_3; 03-15-2020 at 09:35 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

Diflexster12 (10-09-2022),G ~ MINI (05-15-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    $670 for OEM rotors and pads? That's $167 a corner. I don't know where you got that price but its seems extremely high.

Check out MaxBrakes first. I paid less then $200 for their top set all around, and are still on them almost 5 years later.

I can't remember how they compare to OEM cause I haven't had OEM for many years, but they are pretty good.

_3
    Sorry I looked at the quote again $587.88 taxes in with TM3 Discount.. I was looking at Max Brakes too.. how grippy are they? Mind you I've been on some random Cross Drilled Rotors on Hawks and Jimmy was telling me should switch back to OEM. Did you use their pads too?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I used their pads also, which are ceramic. I purchased the MaxBrakes Elite XDS which is their top brake kit.

They are grippy enough, I have no issues stopping and they have good feel. Also damn good in emergency stops.

I've had them on for atleast 5 years of mostly city driving over 100k kms and they still shine, although the backs are down.

I'll be getting the Elite XDS again possibly this spring or summer 100%. You can't beat the price ($200), and I'm happy with the performance and durability.

Unfortunately their site seems to be having issues. I'll probably just call ahead and go up there like I did the last time to pick them up.

_3

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone tried interchanging parts from other mazdas? the cx7 has larger rotors and the calipers look beefier as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MaxBrakes Elite XDS look super nice with the M1supreme brake pads.

I went with the R1 Concept CarbonGeomet series with Performance Sport brake pads.
    I bit more expensive than Maxbrakes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234