Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I sell my Mazda 3 and get 06 WRX ??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should I sell my Mazda 3 and get 06 WRX ??

I\'m in a dilemma,

Should I trade in my 04 Mazda 3 for a 06 WRX ?

So far I\'ve aquired 30K km on the car. I\'m on my last year of a 3 year payment with $8333 left to payoff. The trade in value is 15.8K + tax. I can get the 06 WRX for around 35K tax in with a 1.8 % financing deal I worked out with the dealer for 36 months and $3500 deposit which I will get back at the end of the term. In the end it works out to about $300 bucks a month tax in for the car after all the number trickery.

Am I not happy with the 3 ? No definitly not. The interior is definitly better than the WRX. The 3 also drives better and where else can you go 87 octane and still get 160+ hp with great milage?

But then there is the WRX ... AWD, 230hp, 4 pot calipers ... yummy... and a kick ass deal.

Should I, or should I not?

Car sold on 2007/3 and still in newbie status!

Zaku_4

Default Replying to Topic \'Should I sell my Mazda 3 and get 06 WRX ??\'

umm

if u dont care for interior, then get the wrx, should be a \"more fun\" ride. def faster, but interior is crazy boring and the exterior styling is subjective. also dont forget ur missing out on alot of the options that we have thats not offered ont he wrx, then again if u dont care its all good. haha and dont forget about the gas, premium from the moveee and insurance

im also basically on my last year for my 04 as well! but im looking for something bigger lol. compact cars dont turn my crank

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You like to drive spiritly. You like going to the track.

I don\'t see a reason not to move up to the next level in performance.

You\'ll luv the power difference... the improved braking and handling.
    The WRX is a car for an enthusiast like you.
    I say do it. You\'ll not regret it.

(And there is SO much aftermarket stuff for that car, you\'ll never run out of stuff to buy)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Zaku_4
    if u dont care for interior, then get the wrx
    Yeh, the 06 isn\'t much better than WRX\'s of the past. At lease it now has auto climate control. The shifter is shit compared to Mazda\'s. Steering is lax too, maybe because of the ratio.

But, damn.. when you mash the gas in sec then dirty to third .. you\'re licensing-prevoke-land in no time! 4 pot brakes wants to rip out your spleen.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sabio

Oh damn...
    I just remember, I forgot to add to the first post that I\'m planing to save up for marrage and buy a place to live.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Domokun

I just remember, I forgot to add to the first post that I\'m planing to save up for marrage and buy a place to live.
    so if you\'re trying to SAVE why would you go out and SPEND more? priorities eh arc

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this last statement says it all. You just crushed your own dreams. :p

I am going to play devil\'s advocate and say invest that money in your own condo/house and all the furniture that you will need.

You are $8000 away from paying off the car, why put yourself in the loan hole again?

Save the money and invest it.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by RedRaptor

I am going to play devil\'s advocate and say invest that money in your own condo/house and all the furniture that you will need.

You are $8000 away from paying off the car, why put yourself in the loan hole again?

Very wise advice.....I\'d take it if I were you Domokun. Don\'t foget that the WRX will likely have higher insurance payments, synthetic motor oil, oil needing to be changed more often, premium fuel, worse gas mileage, much more tuning ability which will likely mean more money spent that you won\'t ever get back, etc.

Owning your own home/condo is one of the most satisfying things....much more so then driving a nice car. And if you can do it while driving the 3, you get the best of both worlds.

Zaku_4

Originally posted by Zaku_4
    if u dont care for interior, then get the wrx
    Yeh, the 06 isn\'t much better than WRX\'s of the past. At lease it now has auto climate control. The shifter is shit compared to Mazda\'s. Steering is lax too, maybe because of the ratio.

But, damn.. when you mash the gas in sec then dirty to third .. you\'re licensing-prevoke-land in no time! 4 pot brakes wants to rip out your spleen.
    i also find that the impreza has a smaller interior than the mazda3. so yeahh. the impreza just seems like a smaller car overall

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PSIVIC

Very wise advice.....I\'d take it if I were you Domokun. Don\'t foget that the WRX will likely have higher insurance payments, synthetic motor oil, oil needing to be changed more often, premium fuel, worse gas mileage, much more tuning ability which will likely mean more money spent that you won\'t ever get back, etc.

Owning your own home/condo is one of the most satisfying things....much more so then driving a nice car. And if you can do it while driving the 3, you get the best of both worlds.
    I think a lot of guys around our age (25-30) are in the same boat now. When marriage or common law is around the corner and owning your first home. I thought about switching cars as well, but in the long run the money is better off spent on your marriage, your own home or even your RRSP.

Most of the guys are \"car guys\" so they are going to tell you to upgrade. But talk to more guys your age and look their options as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn.. I wish I was single again..then I can just spend all my money and go ball\'n

I guess you guys are right. Wise advice indeed. I take it some of you are already married, except for Sabio .. damn you for tempting me! :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DO IT! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

But then again, that\'s why I live paycheque to paycheque and have maxed out lines of credit. These fuggers are right - save your money and invest in your house or RRSPs. You\'ll be laughing at me when you\'ve retired and I\'m still working.
    ____

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the 3 is fine keep it and save for a house or wedding.
    You will get far more return on your dollar if you buy a house. I moved into my house in Dec.04 and people are selling them for $45,000 more than I paid. There are 2 things you can take from this. First thing is the cost of getting a house right now is very high. So, speaking from experience, every dollar you put down on a down payment of a house it will save you at least $5 in the long run. The second is that a house is an investment a car isn\'t.

Don\'t even get me started on the price of weddings. Start saving.
    2006 Mazda3 Sport GT - Snowflake Pearl White - Luxury Package
    2006 Mazda Tribute GS-V6 - Light Silver Metallic

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great point PSIVIC - usually, paying for the car is easy, it\'s paying for all the other liabilities that come with the car that\'s hard! And the WRX definitely comes with bigger liabilities outside the cost of the car only.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn\'t the WRX on the top of the list of the most stolen cars in Canada?
    flickr

"boom goes the dynamite"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I\'m in a dilemma,

So far I\'ve aquired 30K km on the car. I\'m on my last year of a 3 year payment with $8333 left to payoff. The trade in value is 15.8K + tax. I can get the 06 WRX for around 35K tax in with a 1.8 % financing deal I worked out with the dealer for 36 months and $3500 deposit which I will get back at the end of the term. In the end it works out to about $300 bucks a month tax in for the car after all the number trickery.

Am I not happy with the 3 ? No definitly not. The interior is definitly better than the WRX. The 3 also drives better and where else can you go 87 octane and still get 160+ hp with great milage?

But then there is the WRX ... AWD, 230hp, 4 pot calipers ... yummy... and a kick ass deal.

WRX for 35k tax in?! How, where? That\'s an awesome deal.

If you can afford it, buy it if you love it. You\'re only young once. Can you imagine tracking a WRX once you\'re married with kids?

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by autoexe

I\'m in a dilemma,

WRX for 35k tax in?! How, where? That\'s an awesome deal.

If you can afford it, buy it if you love it. You\'re only young once. Can you imagine tracking a WRX once you\'re married with kids?
    You mean tracking a WRX with your wife and kids? LOL..j/k
    Yea he\'s right. With that deal, go for it.
    2010 Subaru STI

Mods:
    Not enough room to list

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeaaa join the impreza team over here... im so lonely :p
    2005 2.5rs Sport Package

- custom 2.25\\" cat back with Magnaflow
    - painted red brake caliper
    - debaged \\"subaru\\"
    - Eurolite 8000k HID
    - Injen CAI
    - Tein STECH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KenYork

I think you may have more number crunching to do. $300 per month for the WRX(how many months to go). When the projected wedding(how much it will cost), as for a house, maybe rent and save till market drops(should drop in the next couple years and some ppl that over paid will not be able to handle the house(s) they have now).
    Marriage does not have to be expensive, i know many ppl now rather take the money for a wedding and go on a better honeymoon and have a bit more for their house.

$20k wedding, -$5k for a honeymoon boost, another $15k for house down-payment.

I agree with WYD, you only live once. If you make the $$$ keep on living.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Do It! No wait isn\'t the Mazdaspeed 3 coming out this fall? I think there\'s a customer loyalty thing with Mazda so you might want to look into that.

From working at Subaru you will be spending more money on the maintenance (oil changes and parts in general) of the car like psivic mentioned. On top of that the higher insurance rates.

It\'s your money and your life.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crunch your numbers and lifestyle to see if you could REALLY afford it. If you really like the 3 interiors but not its handling, perhaps wait for the MPS to debut in Sept or so. I\'m guessing the base model is probably under $30K.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SGT06

perhaps wait for the MPS to debut in Sept or so. I\'m guessing the base model is probably under $30K.
    But the MPS wont have AWD OR the wrx\'s modding capabilities. I would trade the 3 to get the wrx and get the car while your still young. Think about it, you\'ll be driving minivans and such for the rest of your life once you have kids --- an opportunity such as this may never present itself again !

Then again, im 19 ... what do i know ?

Chinsterr

2011 BMW M3
    2015 VW Golf TDI
    2013 Chev Silverado

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on ones income I suppose......if you\'re making decent coin then the WRX may not have as big an impact as if you were earning $20K a year.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I\'m 27. I regret not starting to save money for a HOME when I was 19. arc

Cars will NEVER appreciate your finances. HOME will.

It\'s a no brainer. ... for some of us anyway. Just wish I understood this when I was younger.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wtom

I\'m 27. I regret not starting to save money for a HOME when I was 19. arc

Cars will NEVER appreciate your finances. HOME will.

It\'s a no brainer. ... for some of us anyway. Just wish I understood this when I was younger.
    Hey, it\'s just one of the many lessons we all learn in life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast