Thread: Mazda Added Protection Warranty

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda Added Protection Warranty

I must have missed the quotes or prices for Mazda's Extended Warranty for my 2013 Mazda 6 which I bought in April/2015 from the dealer and I now have 9100 kms on it.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New plans and pricing updated..
    Damn you photobucket.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, got a lease from Mazda dealership for Mazda 3 2016 GS model for 48 months. They are offering me to get Wear and Tear + MAP until 48 months+ Rust warrany life time for $64 tax included. Is it worth it to get this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YousafBilal View Post
    Hi Guys, got a lease from Mazda dealership for Mazda 3 2016 GS model for 48 months. They are offering me to get Wear and Tear + MAP until 48 months+ Rust warrany life time for $64 tax included. Is it worth it to get this?
    @YousafBilal - $64 per month ? $3,072 over the term. No, I would not say that is good value.

I would look at keeping wear and tear but dropping MAP.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now they are offering for $50 every month tax included +500 cash. Worth it? That also includes life time rust warranty

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now they are offering for $50 every month tax included +500 cash. Worth it? That also includes life time rust warranty
    Worth it is up to you.
    New offer values it at $2,900. What is retail on the packages ? Are they discounting these at all ? do you want the packages ?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Worth it is up to you.
    New offer values it at $2,900. What is retail on the packages ? Are they discounting these at all ? do you want the packages ?
    The retail price for Rust module is 1695+495 life time warranty, Wear and tear $1705 and MAP $925. All prices are before taxes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The retail price for Rust module is 1695+495 life time warranty, Wear and tear $1705 and MAP $925. All prices are before taxes
    your decision. Do you plan to keep the car beyond the 4 years ? Why buy a rust module for $1695, for it not to come with a lifetime warranty ? The $495 is paying for a warranty on a warranty ?
    What type of rust does it cover ? Surface rust ? Perforation ? Do you have to go for annual inspections ? Who guarantees the warranty ? How does it differ from Mazda's rust warranty ? How does it compare to a third party annual rust proofing spray ?

I can not make the decision for you, you need to give it some thought.

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appearance protection you are looking at includes tires and rims, MAP includes the tires as well. As for the module.. that is grossly over priced.

I would recommend you take the Platinum without the Tire and Rim addon, and grab the MAP.... Pass on the Module... and bring the car back at lease end........ and then come and see me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff-TheBiz For This Useful Post:

S.F.W. (09-09-2016)

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend not buying an electronic anti-rust device. They were designed to protect ships and there is no evidence at all that they work on cars, unless they're immersed in salt water.

If I have this wrong and you mean standard oil or tar rustproofing, $2200 is crazy expensive.
    Last edited by Flunk; 09-10-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're looking at 1900 with your 500 back. Depends on how much you plan to hurt the car in 4 years I guess. What is included in Mazda Added Protection?

Maybe I read it wrong? you have to pay $500? i thought it was an incentive to get it.

I can't confirm if those modules work. The 2012 I have doesn't have body rust at 152xxxKM, but it does have rusting on the suspension parts (Rather have those rust cause you can always bolt on new ones)

Unless this module is something fancy, I don't understand how they can charge 1700 on it, when it only bolts into 3 or 4 spots in the engine bay. That's RIDICULOUS.
    Last edited by Reddie1337; 09-10-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2c; Your leasing for 48 months!! These cars are well built, chances are slight anything serious will happen in that time frame, plus you are protected by the Mazda warranty. Unless you plan on keeping it passed 48 mths, I'd suggest purchasing no additional coverage whatsoever...

If there is a chance you may want to keep it passed the 48 mths, I'd suggest getting it Krowned yearly and immediately.

_3

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    My 2c; Your leasing for 48 months!! These cars are well built, chances are slight anything serious will happen in that time frame, plus you are protected by the Mazda warranty. Unless you plan on keeping it passed 48 mths, I'd suggest purchasing no additional coverage whatsoever...
    His lease is 4yr and the standard warranty is 3yrs.. If something serious happens in the last 12 monthes of the lease the repair costs will be the owners responsibility.

As for the Appearance Protection, please tell us what you think it is...
    Last edited by Jeff-TheBiz; 09-10-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    His lease is 4yr and the standard warranty is 3yrs.. If something serious happens in the last month the repair costs will be the owners responsibility.

As for the Appearance Protection, please tell us what you think it is...
    Powertrain warranty is 5 years is it not? As I stated, chances or probabilities of any SERIOUS issue occurring is low for these cars in that short a period, and chances are most serious issues will occur during the standard warranty period.. Any smaller issues would not incur such costs as to cover the cost of the warranty(s). ...That is my opinion.

As for the appearance protection, I could care less what it entails as anyone who leases a vehicle should have the sense to realize they are required to keep the vehicle as pristine as possible. Any negligence on their part is their own demise. ...That is my opinion.

_3

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powertrain warranty is 5 years is it not? As I stated, chances or probabilities of any SERIOUS issue occurring is low for these cars in that short a period, and chances are most serious issues will occur during the standard warranty period.. Any smaller issues would not incur such costs as to cover the cost of the warranty(s). ...That is my opinion.
    My concern would be on all the tech that is in the car that not part of the powertrain.. the touch screen for one is not cheap and not sure how it will stand up to Ontarios climate.

To each his own. I have MAP on both of my cars and have used it to its fullest.

As for the appearance protection, I could care less what it entails as anyone who leases a vehicle should have the sense to realize they are required to keep the vehicle as pristine as possible. Any negligence on their part is their own demise. ...That is my opinion.
    keeping the vehicle pristine has nothing to do with replacing a windshield due to debris hitting it. (yes insurance covers it but you still have a deductible to pay.)

Lose a key, scratch a bumper, curb a rim... all covered...

Answering someones question about coverage based on how "you" take care of "your" things is irresponsible. If you don't know what the coverage is, or what it covers, you might be better to just say you aren't sure.

Lease end template is very small and has changed signifiacantly in the past 5-6 yrs..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff-TheBiz For This Useful Post:

YousafBilal (09-10-2016)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may keep the car after end of my lease. Finally got that deal for $3200 (this includes Rust warranty, MAP & Wear and tear) over 48 months. My wife if a new driver and also I park my car in the building basement so already recieved one door ding and paint problem due to dropping of cealing rust.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    My concern would be on all the tech that is in the car that not part of the powertrain.. the touch screen for one is not cheap and not sure how it will stand up to Ontarios climate.

To each his own. I have MAP on both of my cars and have used it to its fullest.

keeping the vehicle pristine has nothing to do with replacing a windshield due to debris hitting it. (yes insurance covers it but you still have a deductible to pay.)

Lose a key, scratch a bumper, curb a rim... all covered...

Answering someones question about coverage based on how "you" take care of "your" things is irresponsible. If you don't know what the coverage is, or what it covers, you might be better to just say you aren't sure.

Lease end template is very small and has changed signifiacantly in the past 5-6 yrs..
    I said nothing about how I take care of my things, just gave my opinion. You have to weigh the cost of the coverage against the possibility of damage occurring, loosing keys, or things breaking down right? Even if all things occurred in the given period, would the cost of fixing such things equal the cost of the coverage? From my experience and many people I've known, they had few issues in 48 months of car ownership. But hey if someone wants to fork out an extra 3 grand, all the power too them if it makes them feel comfortable, its their money. We've had this difference of opinion several times before, and it is obvious we are both bias in our opinions. So lets leave it at that.

_3

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,

Could someone kindly explain me the process for getting MAP transferred from the prev. owner to myself. I bought a gently used car last year and I knew and was also told at the time that the existing 160k MAP warranty could be easily transfered to me upon purchase. However, it appears this wasn't done and now that I am trying to navigate the dealership/ Mazda Canada nexus, it seems that they keep on passing the buck. Someone even told me that I'd have to contact the previous owner, which is completely absurd. Even MAzda's own documentation says that it's fully transferrable to the new owner, what they don't tell you is how difficult they purposely make it to do so.

Anyway, I noticed someone mentioned that JEff was able to help them navigate the process to make the transfer happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talespin View Post
    Hi Guys,

Could someone kindly explain me the process for getting MAP transferred from the prev. owner to myself. I bought a gently used car last year and I knew and was also told at the time that the existing 160k MAP warranty could be easily transfered to me upon purchase. However, it appears this wasn't done and now that I am trying to navigate the dealership/ Mazda Canada nexus, it seems that they keep on passing the buck. Someone even told me that I'd have to contact the previous owner, which is completely absurd. Even MAzda's own documentation says that it's fully transferrable to the new owner, what they don't tell you is how difficult they purposely make it to do so.

Anyway, I noticed someone mentioned that JEff was able to help them navigate the process to make the transfer happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Shoot me the VIN...

[UPDATE]

All done, Enjoy your car
    Last edited by Jeff-TheBiz; 05-05-2017 at 04:08 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff-TheBiz For This Useful Post:

S.F.W. (05-06-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234