Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOM Post Mortem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'MOM Post Mortem\'

There\'s been alot of mixed reviews concerning the event, but overall I can say it was a success. We needed to get Mazda Canada\'s attention and it seemed to work.
    The RX club was clearly not aware of all the Mazda3\'s that would show up! You see, when ever we try to get together there might be 50 people on a list and possibly 10 show up. So we kinda assumed that would happen with the Mazda3/Protege club.... Clearly that was a huge oversight!

Finding sponsership was also a huge problem. Thankfully a few aftermarket companies came through with their promises when others bailed (or didn\'t even bother returning our calls).
    Dealership involvment is always going to be an issue. Competition is always intense amoung dealerships. Mazda Canada gave us an outline and that\'s what we had to follow. There\'s room for improvement amoung Mazda Canada and it\'s dealerships. Hopefully this event will change their view.

As for location. You can\'t please everyone. You don\'t expect Mazda Canada and the other people with trailers dropping off their cars to show up at some provincial park where it\'s all gravel and dirt! These things need pavement! Which is why we ended up at this park.
    Clearly the Mazda3/Protege club is all about getting together and sort of just hanging out... which is fine, but there are other people who enjoy seeing unique vehicles in 1 location.
    Of all the comments I\'ve read so far there is no mention about Mazda\'s new Miata hardtop or the fact they brought out a truely rare vehicle, the Cosmo!
    All I keep reading about (at least on this forum) is how you were able to setup a BBQ and what happened at dinner.

Remember the Cosmo is what set Mazda in motion. After the horrible events of that decade, having a company resurect itself and build something like the Cosmo is a huge undertaking! And to prove it by racing the little thing in a endurance race is absolutely grand!!!
    Mazda would not be Mazda today if it weren\'t for their huge involvement in racing and the rotary engine! The Mazda3 might be their \"bread&butter\" car, but it\'s the Miata\'s and Rotaries that make Mazda what they are!

Just to let you know, there were no drag RX-7\'s at this event. What you heard and saw were all road racing vehicles. The 3rd gen RX-7 race car has made it\'s debut racing this year and is going through some shakedown. Next year they will be much stronger in their class. The other \"annoying\" RX-7 racecar belongs to Scarboro Mazda which also is going through some initial engine breakin before getting back on the track. Hearing these puppies fire throughout the day is always a fantastic moment! It\'s unfortunate some people think they\'re \"idiots\" for reving their engines.
    You might want to consider going down to 7stock in California! You haven\'t seen a Mazda event till you\'ve gone there! Just remember to bring your ear plugs because you\'ll be hearing some of the best engine sounds this side of Formula 1!!

Lates,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys and Gals! Thanx for the good times! My first meet and although many named it boring and \"not as fun as last years\"... I Found it to be a great \"first meet\" for me ... to meet all the crew. Thanx to everyone! Was a lot of fun on the cruise and the \"almost disasterous\" incident on the cruise over! Cant wait to see you all again at the mini meets!

High Fives!
    2013-AudiTTS-Ibis White-Stage 2+ APR

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ haha ****ing breaks!!
    Adam - Kitchener, Ontario.
    Far Far West O'l G! Proud Owner of the Whop-Toboggan Rice Bomb!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.... The Idiot should stop firing up that engine. Did the same last year...All day long. I guess the engine sux if he has to build a new one every year and *Break it in*.
    Damn annoying.

I guess the event was what it was...A corporate event.

The Last Year(s) it was a enthusiasts event. Lets keep Mazda out of it.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by justin 3. The idiot that kept revving the engine in his RX-7 drag car.
    I think that was the guy from Scarborough Mazda and he did that last year as well. I\'m sure there were some people who wanted to hear it but the majority of us couldn;t have care less.
    Teambedlam (North York, ON)
    2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT, Velocity Red. Build Date - 01/04
    Mods: Tinted windows, iPod/PIE instalation, Sharkfin Antenna, LCD License Plate

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the easiest way to do that is get an enthusiest comittee between all the clubs.

I heard rumour of this, and I would say its my only suggestion to improve the event. Input from all the different clubs would be highly benificial.

Actually I have one suggestion....get the SCCA out for a short autox pilon track. 50$ gets you a lap or something like that. Then put that to charity. We\'d raise thousands!!! Better yet, lets just hold the next MOM at a track

- - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which club was chosen by RX Club to organize MOM07?

EDIT:

Originally posted by Jobes

Here are two pics I took of S.F.W.

Such intensity! Such focus!!
    Looked like he was about to punch out Broli\'s interior!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ... I wanted to see how the event went this year.... I\'m glad you guys still had fun. It sucks that Mazda Canada had to do it the chince way... When LAST YEAR we had an AWESOME rep of a dealership who was always willing to help out. With another dealership who didn\'t want to sponsor but who showerd up to advertise like they did sponsor the event. (grumble)... Yes I\'m still a lil ticked with that.

Every year the meet will be different, depending on the club\'s outlook upon things. Some is more of familia, some are more for the car show.??? All in all it produces the variety to appease EVERYONE, and the diversity of the familia.

The one thing that shocked me.... Neo, the event was at Mazda Canada, at their parking lot... but you had to pay for the parking lot??? And insurance??? Dang.

I wonder who will do it next year:????

as for the RX 7 last year who did it again this year, one word. Attention... the \"hey look at me\"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

It was a nice turnout. Even TheBiz managed to show up!

My highlights:

1. Seeing Mazda Kittens new rims. Hope all the trouble was worth it. They looked great.
    Yeah especially when we thought it couldnt be done but then we got smart and used our VW brains and had spacers fed ex\'d overnight from HAWAII!!!! We could only drill so far into the rim. But I am very happy with them and the overall look

7. Wondering how it was possible none of the Mazda 3\'s got hit by the birds flying overhead.
    My car was victimized by shit hawks

2004 Mazda3 GT { BLACK MICA / 5MT / GFX pkg / BLACK, RED & GOLD BEEBS }

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Yeah especially when we thought it couldnt be done but then we got smart and used our VW brains and had spacers fed ex\'d overnight from HAWAII!!!!
    spacers, ahah thats sooo a VW mindset!

greatness!!!

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Saphress

Well ... I wanted to see how the event went this year.... I\'m glad you guys still had fun. It sucks that Mazda Canada had to do it the chince way... When LAST YEAR we had an AWESOME rep of a dealership who was always willing to help out. With another dealership who didn\'t want to sponsor but who showerd up to advertise like they did sponsor the event. (grumble)... Yes I\'m still a lil ticked with that.

Every year the meet will be different, depending on the club\'s outlook upon things. Some is more of familia, some are more for the car show.??? All in all it produces the variety to appease EVERYONE, and the diversity of the familia.

The one thing that shocked me.... Neo, the event was at Mazda Canada, at their parking lot... but you had to pay for the parking lot??? And insurance??? Dang.

as for the RX 7 last year who did it again this year, one word. Attention... the \"hey look at me\"
    No it was held at Richmond Green just north of the Mazda head office. It was originally going to be held there but plans changed.

We paid for half of the pizza but our dealer didn\'t even get any sort of mention.arc

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i woudda loved to see the entire bill for the pizza, hahah i can\'t imagine!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Neo

the \'bread n butter\' cars, is what allows companies to make the other ones!!

there is room for both, the chillin with your club aspect and the looking at the cars aspect,
    i understand that there was the semi last minute location change,
    but, it cannot be that hard to find a place with a decent parking lot
    near a decent grassy area with some trees and benches and what not!
    this place; the grass faced a building or the street

the event was fun, i had a good time, but we are just making constructive critisism,
    maybe have set times for each club to come and see the race RX-7 and not have it surprise
    us everytime it turned on, it didn\'t bother me (really i was indifferent), but it did bother some people, however i suspect most were indifferent, it was minor!

why should we talk about the hardtop miata, seriously whoopdyshit!
    its the same car, yeah its nice and all, we looked at it!

I think you had the feeling that all car clubs or people should have the same desires as you and your club for this event, and that assumption is incorrect, you don\'t have to be defensive, we said the event was good, and you guys did a good job, especially with what i hear was so few people!

however, I seem to recall us getting kicked out 30 minutes before the event was supposed to end!
    we made plans based around that time, and they had to be altered, its minor again, but there were some people there that we hadn\'t seen in forever, or some of us had never met, that is what pissed me off about the event, the last impression was sour!

and if you wanted to know how many of us were coming, and you didn\'t want to believe the list, you shoulda posted up and asked, we have a good idea of whos showing and not showing, thats why we have two lists the sign up roll call, and then the roll call to decide who is meeting where and how we are getting there, if you sign up twice, well, your coming!

thx to the RX club for setting up this event!

haha, justin, you had the sneaky look about you, like you had just taken a stubby!

lol

nice pics of SFW, he was thinkin hard about which wall needed to be attacked first!
    lol

and damn you Chucks, cant beleive u didn\'t get me a coffee!!!

- Broli

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bubba1983

Did you go back for seconds? There was like 5 full boxes left over.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bleh, the pizza didn\'t have anything keeping them warm, by the time I got my firsts it was cold already. I didn\'t wanna go back for seconds.
    -Chuckie
    Old: 2006 Mazda3 Sport GT, A4D, 5MT
    Current: 2010 Mazda3 Sedan GS, 16W, 5AT // 2011 Mazda3 Sport GS, 16W, 6MT
    WTB: 2010+ Speed Front Sway Bar, Speed Mid Chassis brace. Let me know what you have.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

i meant monetary bill...lol

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i meant monetary bill...lol
    I know mang!:p

I would like to know too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop talking and get me my damn led tails!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all the constructive critisism, it was a great event but some things could have been done better. For one, how hard is it to get a bullhorn or something so everyone can hear the announcements etc. and the voting on cars should have been streamlined (have judges instead of everyone voting or something) as it took way too long and lots of people had to leave.

In regards to the amount of 3\'s showing up, Neo, you\'ve been checking out our MOM threads so you should have gotten a rough estimate of the number of cars showing up. I arrived ahead of the 3 convoy and when asked where to park was told just find a spot next to a Protege as they\'re pretty much the same car and there will only be a handful of 3\'s showing up anyways arc

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were trying to find a bullhorn, noone had one.
    As for the comment about only a handful of 3\'s *insert angry smilie here*

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by swales

I arrived ahead of the 3 convoy and when asked where to park was told just find a spot next to a Protege as they\'re pretty much the same car and there will only be a handful of 3\'s showing up anyways arc
    \\
    ]

I think he was completly mispoken...I think he meant a handful times 8 :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dsichewski

Originally posted by swales

I arrived ahead of the 3 convoy and when asked where to park was told just find a spot next to a Protege as they\'re pretty much the same car and there will only be a handful of 3\'s showing up anyways arc
    \\
    ]

I think he was completly mispoken...I think he meant a handful times 8 :p

oh chewie, thats good jokes!

i think i like chewie better, but i am guessin u have heard that ur whole life!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Saphress

No it was held at Richmond Green just north of the Mazda head office. It was originally going to be held there but plans changed.

We paid for half of the pizza but our dealer didn\'t even get any sort of mention.arc

BIG MAZDA 3 THANK YOU to Joe, Jeff and MOT for chipping in for pizza Three Cheers!

also a thanks to Joe, Joe\'s family and Chuckie for getting tim hotons

KenYork

Hypothrml... seconds.. thirds... fourths.. I think maybe even fifths.

No worries... we represented TM3/MoT.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I...3rd\'s...*snickers*

i must say our club does come out wiht record numbers....nto to be taken lightly, specially for a big event liek this...
    spelling owns me!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast