Thread: rattling NOISE coming from the trunk

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default rattling NOISE coming from the trunk

Hi guys, i started to notice that there\'s some sort of rattling noise coming from the trunk, i folded down the back seat and could clearly hear some sort of metal/plastic tapping sound........

Anyone has it? and how to solve it or make it stop?? Thanks

Zaku_4

Default Replying to Topic \'rattling NOISE coming from the trunk\'

hello,

once i noticed a rattling sound in my car and almost killed myself looking for it. it THOUGHT i searched EVERYWHERE, in the end, i twas from the jack on the side. apparently it wasent screwed in properly.

it could also be the thing which holds the spare tire down (again not screwed in enough/properly)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Zaku_4

hello,

once i noticed a rattling sound in my car and almost killed myself looking for it. it THOUGHT i searched EVERYWHERE, in the end, i twas from the jack on the side. apparently it wasent screwed in properly.

it could also be the thing which holds the spare tire down (again not screwed in enough/properly)
    Hi, thanks for the reply.........however i checked those already and they are screwed in very tightly. I found that the sound are coming from the side (near the rear suspension area), but it\'s not the suspension causing it.......sigh~~ may need to bring it back to the dealer for inspection, but i doubt they will found anything wrong or fix it (just like the stupid brake issue)

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have the hatchback then i am not sure but if you drive the sedan then check the back panel dashboard peice between the window and the back of the chair. The peice closest to the window will usually rattle against the window. I am currently working on a fix for that. If thats is not the case it may be the heatshields from underneath. No real way to silence that. I looked in to that to,
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BBGundam

Hi guys, i started to notice that there\'s some sort of rattling noise coming from the trunk, i folded down the back seat and could clearly hear some sort of metal/plastic tapping sound........

Anyone has it? and how to solve it or make it stop?? Thanks
    This sounds like a scene from \"Goodfellas\"...

Back on topic though, go to the dealer and stay on them.
    doug E. fresh!

Fresher and Cleaner Than Ever! (I wish...)

Proudly Granny My 2005 GT GFX Carbon Grey Mica Sedan

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this problem too, has anyone found a solution to it. I took it to a dealer and they said to live with it for now, that they couldnt find the problem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: rattling NOISE coming from the trunk

my HB trunk boards and sub compartment like to jump around while I drive, I think I need a cargo net and a blanket to keep them from boucing all over the place, it's starting to get annoying.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you with a Sedan, there is a known issue under the rear glass. There is a notification about it in the mazda 3 service notices.

Click the link....

http://www.finishlineperformance.com.../docs/0046.pdf
    Last edited by 3GFX; 12-09-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same problem, mainly when the car (06 sedan) is cold. its also sounds more like a wobbling sound.

if anyone tried something and it worked then post it.

3GFX, did that method actually work for anyone?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had an issue, but the link I posted is a dealer bulletin which means it probably is the fix.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
    I've never had an issue, but the link I posted is a dealer bulletin which means it probably is the fix.
    ok, thanks for that, i'll try it out on the weekend

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've the same problem, and clicking/rattling noise is especially noticeable when it's cold (below 0C). i spent alot of time trying to replicate the clicking sound that seemed to originate on the rear driver's side of the trunk, but cant seem to work no matter how hard i tried to rock the car up and down (some guy actually laughed at me while i was doing that... probably looked like i was humping the car from the back..)

anyways, regarding this problem mentioned on the mazda3 service bulletin, it only applies to some 2006 and older models i think... according to the VIN models mentioned in the post. i'll try to bring the car back to the dealership and have them lube up the rear package junction area and see it that will solve the problem. Initially they said it was the tire jack loose but that didnt solve the problem, and since the noise increases when it gets cold, i think it has something to do with the junctions rubbing against each other.

Let me know if you guys have any updates regarding this problem. Thanks!