Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New User from Oakville

Hello dear Mazda3 users,
    I just found this website and I'm glad I did. I wish I knew about this site before I bought 2 of my Mazda3's.

I moved to Oakville, ON from Ottawa a year ago. My first car had been 1994 Red Mazda MX3. 10 years later, after an accident, I bought a brand new 2004 Mazda3 GS. After 2 years of loving it, I sold it to my parents (they didn't want the hassle of a brand new car). I looked for a new car to buy and I had trouble choosing between 3 makes. The new Honda Civic, VW Rabbit, and Mazda3 Sport. After weeks of debating, my wife and I decided to get yet another Mazda3 . So, I am currently driving 2007 Black Mica Mazda3 Sport GT. It's a sweet drive! Although, I found that VW Rabbit handled better, but the interior wasn't the greatest!

So, here I am! Now it's time to buy a house/condo. Damn, I'll be BROKE soon!

Cheers,
    Art

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New User from Oakville

Quote Originally Posted by smartie View Post
    Hello dear Mazda3 users,
    I just found this website and I'm glad I did. I wish I knew about this site before I bought 2 of my Mazda3's.

I moved to Oakville, ON from Ottawa a year ago. My first car had been 1994 Red Mazda MX3. 10 years later, after an accident, I bought a brand new 2004 Mazda3 GS. After 2 years of loving it, I sold it to my parents (they didn't want the hassle of a brand new car). I looked for a new car to buy and I had trouble choosing between 3 makes. The new Honda Civic, VW Rabbit, and Mazda3 Sport. After weeks of debating, my wife and I decided to get yet another Mazda3 . So, I am currently driving 2007 Black Mica Mazda3 Sport GT. It's a sweet drive! Although, I found that VW Rabbit handled better, but the interior wasn't the greatest!

So, here I am! Now it's time to buy a house/condo. Damn, I'll be BROKE soon!

Cheers,
    Art
    Welcome to the club! I have a black mica sport gt (2004 tho, your 2007 is nicer) in burlington but I work in oakville. So if you ever see me driving around give me a wave and I'll do the same. If you have any questions we are all here to help.
    Last edited by b; 01-21-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Ride
    Mazda 6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum, I live in Oakville too, I drive a Carbon Grey sedan with steelies for now, we usually have an Oakville Meet in the Price Chopers plaza in Third Line and Upper Middle but its been cancel due to the weather, keep an eye on the meets section and enjoy the site!

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oakville people suck..

welcome.. and umm how did the rabbit handle better???

Ride
    Mazda 6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ then, you suck!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although, I found that VW Rabbit handled better, but the interior wasn't the greatest!
    A buddy of mine said the exact same thing when he took them all out for a test drive too!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I wasn't expecting it. I'll take a picture of my new Mazda sometime this week and post it up. It's nothing special. It's black with tinted windows....

As far as the VW Rabbit is concerned... you need to take it for a spin in order to judge both Mazda and VW. Personally, I think that the new Rabbit is just an unbelievable RIDE! It does handle better than my new 2007 Mazda and I'm a huge Mazda fan. In the end though, both I and my wife for some strange reason chose to get another Mazda. If you have the opportunity to try the VW, please do and let me know what you think.

I see there must be many Oakville / Burlington Mazda3 drivers. Right ON! I hope to go to one of those meets sometime. I normally drive on Upper Middle, Trafalgar, and Derry. It's funny how I never see any Mazda3 driving around in Halton and Peel!

Cheers,

Art
    Last edited by smartie; 01-22-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well welcome to the club and im in a 07 grey gt living in oakville drivin around all the time so if u see me give a wave and you will get one back.
    Ballin In the Grey Mica 3 with the Luxury Pack!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I wasn't expecting it. I'll take a picture of my new Mazda sometime this week and post it up. It's nothing special. It's black with tinted windows....

As far as the VW Rabbit is concerned... you need to take it for a spin in order to judge both Mazda and VW. Personally, I think that the new Rabbit is just an unbelievable RIDE! It does handle better than my new 2007 Mazda and I'm a huge Mazda fan. In the end though, both I and my wife for some strange reason chose to get another Mazda. If you have the opportunity to try the VW, please do and let me know what you think.

I see there must be many Oakville / Burlington Mazda3 drivers. Right ON! I hope to go to one of those meets sometime. I normally drive on Upper Middle, Trafalgar, and Derry. It's funny how I never see any Mazda3 driving around in Halton and Peel!

Cheers,

Art
    my god you don't work at RBC do you? i live in oakville and i drive on upper/neyagaway/dundas/trafalgar/derry also...and that leads right to my work...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyr6 View Post
    my god you don't work at RBC do you? i live in oakville and i drive on upper/neyagaway/dundas/trafalgar/derry also...and that leads right to my work...
    Wow, we take the same route to go to work! I usually leave at 7:00am and you? I don't work at RBC... I'm a teacher working at one of the new schools near Old Derry Road in Mississauga, ON

Cheers,
    Art

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, we take the same route to go to work! I usually leave at 7:00am and you? I don't work at RBC... I'm a teacher working at one of the new schools near Old Derry Road in Mississauga, ON

Cheers,
    Art
    I think my friend Amanda works at a school near there or that school. Know anyone named that... teaches grade 2?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackman View Post
    A buddy of mine said the exact same thing when he took them all out for a test drive too!
    I totally think the opposite; i think the 3 handles like its on rails (mind you i've had my strut, sway & lowered for almost 2 years now) I felt the rabbit felt a little sloppy

VW interiors are awesome; I like it better than the 3

oh welcome

another one to the west side

2004 Mazda3 GT { BLACK MICA / 5MT / GFX pkg / BLACK, RED & GOLD BEEBS }

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems the site should be called "everyoneAroundButNotInTorontomazda3.com" :p

Anyways, welcome to the club. I have to say everyone here is/has been helpful.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello. I am from Oakville too.

welcome
    www.nextmod.com
    Monday - Friday 12-8pm
    Saturday 12-5pm

290 Yorktech Dr. Unit 27 Markham Ontario email me at Jon@nextmod.com