Thread: Wingporium Review

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Wingporium Review

ok WTF recommended this shitty place?!?!? meth? i'm gonna slash your tires!!!

1) wings are TINY (compared to B&B)
    2) wings are expensive (relatively)
    3) staff sux
    4) the place is cold more dingy than B&B
    5) did i mention the wings are TINY?
    6) the hotness scale is WAY OFF.. maybe they use a logarhythmic one
    7) strict on what you order

1: there were maybe 8-9 wings per pound but they were all bones.. maybe half of the wings in a pound would resemble the smallest wings from B&B

2: $5.00/lb and you have to buy a drink to get that?? B&B is $3.50.. sure you can go on a monday and do AYCE fro $15 but we only really ordered 13lbs b/w 5 people so this was more efficient

3: there were 2 chicks when we got there.. it was pretty empty.. the same 2 chicks worked when the place was FULL.. service sucked.. it was slow and inaccurate.. they were fobs.. we ordered VEGGIES with dip, we got WEDGES with dip.. WTF!? Keiths on tap was tasteless.. Rickards Red in a bottle - same shit.. Stella on tap was ok.. but nothing to sing home about those waitresses should have eaten some wings themselves.. looked like they were gonna break carrying 3 trays or something.. she kept forgetting our order and mixing up falvours.. bah..

4: the atmosphere was pretty crap.. i guess more bar like.. it was cold and drafty.. meh

5: see #1

6: we tried a bunch of flavours and the hot seemed the same as mild.. none of them were spicy.. so we tried black mamba that finally had some kick to it but it was still not all that.. disappointed with the flavouring even thought they have 88 or 55 or whatever flavours..

7: you can only get 1 flavour per pound whereas B&B lets you get 2 flavours per pound.. you can try many more flavours there w/o breaking the bank..

overall 2/10 and that's being generous.. nothing special and a lot to complain about..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wingporium Review

HAHAHAHA

I have never been man, everytime we go for wings atleast 1 or 2 people bring that place up. Dont shoot the messenger, I stick with B&B haha...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... I'm guessing you don't recommend the place.
    2006 Mazda 3 Sport GT●Black Mica●Manual●Sunroof

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been there in the past, and while it is not BnB

it is not as bad as majic is saying

when i have been there, there was always hot and healthy weight waitresses who could carry the trays)

i even found that they bent rules for us with a little bit of asking

i would give it a 6 out of 10

but, everytime i have went, a friend of mine who knows the cook has come with, and we always got hooked up with extra wings.

truth be told, i like wings small, because i feel they are more well cooked. however, BnB almost always has well cooked wings, especially when u ask for them.

majic, u should come on a wing tasting day, u have a lot to say about wings!
    - Broli

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha.. i would but every time you guys organize it i end up being busy and then a tuesday that i am free, there's no wing meet..

anyway.. i really don't go there for the waitresses so i don't care if they are hot or not.. she should have a brain and not **** up the orders..

i go there for the wings and the QUALITY (comprised of SIZE, PRICE (VALUE) and FLAVOUR) is paramount

i am not the only one sharing the same view.. everyone at my table (few guys and few girls) were quite disappointed and wouldn't think twice about going back to B&B

Skarboro.. 2/10 isn't a place you'd want to go to is it?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your experience sounds like my experience at all stars.
    not nearly as bad but close.
    -Chuckie
    Old: 2006 Mazda3 Sport GT, A4D, 5MT
    Current: 2010 Mazda3 Sedan GS, 16W, 5AT // 2011 Mazda3 Sport GS, 16W, 6MT
    WTB: 2010+ Speed Front Sway Bar, Speed Mid Chassis brace. Let me know what you have.