Thread: Mazda 3 GT With Fujita CAI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 GT With Fujita CAI

Quote Originally Posted by boosted_out View Post
    I have myself a Fujita F5 CAI and a hks hi power exhaust on my 2.0L 04 sedan. How much hp gain do you guys think i got?
    probably a good amount with both the intake and exhaust, you would get better gas mileage aswell.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boosted_out View Post
    I have myself a Fujita F5 CAI and a hks hi power exhaust on my 2.0L 04 sedan. How much hp gain do you guys think i got?
    Probably around 7 to 10HP on the 2.0., and not much torque difference, if any.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom Boy View Post
    Probably around 7 to 10HP on the 2.0., and not much torque difference, if any.
    yea with just an intake, with an exhaust aswell it would probably be closer to 15 hp gain. in the 2.3 with a high quality CAI and exhaust you can gain like 20-25 hp at the wheels. mazdas really bottle neck in the airflow.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sound, very good stats, how much cost the Dyno test?

I'm receiving my AI today, the TAKEDA Short Ram, the new model one.

Thinking to test it too!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
    yea with just an intake, with an exhaust aswell it would probably be closer to 15 hp gain. in the 2.3 with a high quality CAI and exhaust you can gain like 20-25 hp at the wheels. mazdas really bottle neck in the airflow.
    Sorry Rob, but no chance those mods alone pull anywhere near that kind of power on a regular NA Mazda3. Maybe with a CAI, free-flow CBE, and with the addition of a header, ignition timing changes and/or ECU mods, you have a chance, but not with just a CAI and CBE. That's just ricer math. I hear Honda Civic guys talk this crap all the time.

Tell you what, go get a baseline dyno on your car without mods. Then go add just a CAI and CBE on your car and PM me. We'll go to a dyno and if you can pull 20HP-25HP out of your 2.3L, I'll pay for the dyno. If you can't, you pay.

And yes, I'm being completely serious.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Rob, but no chance those mods alone pull anywhere near that kind of power on a regular NA Mazda3. Maybe with a CAI, free-flow CBE, and with the addition of a header, ignition timing changes and/or ECU mods, you have a chance, but not with just a CAI and CBE. That's just ricer math. I hear Honda Civic guys talk this crap all the time.

Tell you what, go get a baseline dyno on your car without mods. Then go add just a CAI and CBE on your car and PM me. We'll go to a dyno and if you can pull 20HP-25HP out of your 2.3L, I'll pay for the dyno. If you can't, you pay.

And yes, I'm being completely serious.
    your probably right then. but if this guy got almost 11whp gain from just a intake, if he had a borla exhaust for example, would he not get another 10hp on top of that? btw you don't have to be an ass.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
    your probably right then. but if this guy got almost 11whp gain from just a intake, if he had a borla exhaust for example, would he not get another 10hp on top of that? btw you don't have to be an ass.
    Not trying to be an ass Rob. I just hear so many people talk about 'marketing' gains on cars by adding stuff this and that, that it gets old really, really fast. The non-hardcore Honda crowd is notorious for this crap... By 'marketing gain', I'm talking about the gains that the companies advertise for their product. I could care less whether say, Injen, says they are pulling an extra 15HP with their intake as part of their advertisement for example.

By Ricer math, I mean guys who then use this 'marketing' info and say, well, I added an Injen CAI for 15HP and this CBE says that is another 10HP gain, so therefore I have added 25HP more to my car. Power gains are not always linear and stackable and a lot of times the car ECU will pull back a lot of these gains over time to run where it wants to run... 25HP on a car with 156HP is a big gain.

The only true and somewhat scientific way of actually telling improvement gains is to do a baseline and after mod dyno on the same day, with the relative same conditions and then note improvements if any.

So that means, do a few baseline dyno runs stock. Install the parts and then do another few dyno runs. It would be worthwhile doing another dyno run also a few weeks later, provided the temps and air moisture values are similiar to the original baseline, because the ECU will have had a chance to adjust to the mods and increased air flow etc...

It is not particularly easy to make solid power gains on the NA MZ3 without significant mods or turbo/supercharger. A CAI and a free-flow CBE will net you some gains for sure, but you need to go well past this point to start seeing significant power gains, hence header, ignition timing, ECU mods. Or, go the forced induction route.
    Last edited by Zoom Zoom Boy; 11-17-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to be an ass Rob. I just hear so many people talk about 'marketing' gains on cars by adding stuff this and that, that it gets old really, really fast. The non-hardcore Honda crowd is notorious for this crap... By 'marketing gain', I'm talking about the gains that the companies advertise for their product. I could care less whether say, Injen, says they are pulling an extra 15HP with their intake as part of their advertisement for example.

By Ricer math, I mean guys who then use this 'marketing' info and say, well, I added an Injen CAI for 15HP and this CBE says that is another 10HP gain, so therefore I have added 25HP more to my car. Power gains are not always linear and stackable and a lot of times the car ECU will pull back a lot of these gains over time to run where it wants to run... 25HP on a car with 156HP is a big gain.

The only true and somewhat scientific way of actually telling improvement gains is to do a baseline and after mod dyno on the same day, with the relative same conditions and then note improvements if any.

So that means, do a few baseline dyno runs stock. Install the parts and then do another few dyno runs. It would be worthwhile doing another dyno run also a few weeks later, provided the temps and air moisture values are similiar to the original baseline, because the ECU will have had a chance to adjust to the mods and increased air flow etc...

It is not particularly easy to make solid power gains on the NA MZ3 without significant mods or turbo/supercharger. A CAI and a free-flow CBE will net you some gains for sure, but you need to go well past this point to start seeing significant power gains, hence header, ignition timing, ECU mods. Or, go the forced induction route.
    i know about what your saying, and your right that is a huge gain. i just mean if you use the higher quality makes, then your more likely to get higher gains. i should think a bit more about what im posting. but you have to admit that 11whp gain from just a CAI is a huge gain. if he put on a borla wouldnt he gain a little more?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majic View Post
    huh?

the crank is more than WHP..
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyr6 View Post
    i'm sure he got it backwards....
    The reason the crank HP rating is higher the WHP is because there are a lot loses along the drive train. Due to inefficiencies in friction, heat and many factors you're bound to lose a percentage of HP by the time it reaches the wheels.

When the manufacturer publishes HP number it is usually estimated at the crank or flywheel. Realistically what you are getting at the wheels on to the road is far less. i believe you could be losing as much as 20% from crank to wheels.

Hence crank HP is higher than wheel HP #'s.
    Kev
    2010 Mazda 3 GX Sedan - BASE
    Upgrades - Air Conditioning, 4 steel wheels with hub caps (oh wait... these are stock)

1999 Honda Prelude - Premium gas @ 9.7L/100kms w/200HP SCREAMING @ 7400RPM (City) - SOLD
    - ACT HDSS Clutch, Fidanza 8lbs Fly, SS Braided brake lines, EBC Green Pads

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so your base run with a completely stock gt engine was 123 wHP.

That would more or less be the same for mine then which means my stock engine with full CAI added an extra 15 WHP!!!! WORD!

my run with just CAI was 138.1 WHP & 138.5Torgue

say hi to my puppy

"Always leave a CLEAN set of foot prints"

"I like my car....but I'll like my car even more when it's lowered with Tangerine rims"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zubbie View Post
    Ok, got my intake installed today... and also decided to get my car on a dyno!
    I don't have my digital camera right now, but as soon as i get it back I will show the dyno results but for now i'll just tell u the results.

first run (no cai)
    Max HP = 123.46
    Max Torque = 130.76

Second run (with Fujita Cold Air Intake)
    Max HP = 134.38!
    Max Torque = 139.75!

Final Results 10.92 HP Gain!! and 8.99 Torque Gain!!

Sorry about the double post, didn't know which forum to put it into.

that's the first time in my life to seen a dyno graph looks like "electrocardiogram"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man where did u buy the fujita cai?
    thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this company even still around anymore? I had it when I had my 3, but that was back in 2006... you can try eBay. I think that's where I got mine.

http://www.fujita-intakes.com/eng/

-----------------
    THEN 2005 Mazda3 GT/GFX - 5MT - Stubby - Work XD-9 - Sumitomo HTR Z III - Rays Lug Nuts - Eibach Prokit - TWM STS - RX8 Knob - Leather Shift Boot - Borla Cat Back - 35% Tints - Progress Rear Sway - Philips D2S 4300K - Vibrant Strut Bar - BuddyClub Condenser - SPC Camber Kit - Fujita F5 CAI - StreetUnit Motor Mount - Mazdaspeed Clutch - Rotora Slotted Rotors - Hawk HPS - Indy Fog Mod - Koni Yellow - PSI Tuned - Straight Pipe
    NOW 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Black Mica

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am i wrong to see that only 2 runs are being shown?
    any time ive seen dynos being done you run more then one run for the base numbers..
    i have my speculations about this....

should have been an even amount of runs done on the dyno.. 3 runs with STOCK airbox then 3 runs with CAI.....
    i bet you the numbers would be ALOT different then what is being shown here! if an equal amount of runs had been made!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234