Thread: This guy stole a pic of my car!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This guy stole a pic of my car!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...QQcmdZViewItem

The picture of the Winning Blue hatch is MY car! I took that picture the day I bought my car. Doesn't even have tints.

Then he puts this stupid "BlingLights" crap on top of the image, claiming it as his. What a bastard.

Here's the original pic, taken at a park near my house, near the Ford plant in Oakville. You can even see the smoke stack in the background. Thank god that pic has my OLD plate on it.

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: This guy stole a pic of my car!!!

tell him to up some free stuff for using ur ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...QQcmdZViewItem

The picture of the Winning Blue hatch is MY car! I took that picture the day I bought my car. Doesn't even have tints.

Then he puts this stupid "BlingLights" crap on top of the image, claiming it as his. What a bastard.

Here's the original pic, taken at a park near my house, near the Ford plant in Oakville. You can even see the smoke stack in the background. Thank god that pic has my OLD plate on it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW... I'm with Vlad... tell him to free up some free stuff for you in return for stealing your picture. What an asshat.
    White-out Division
    2006 Arctic White Mazda 3 Sport GT
    http://www.pxleight.com/2006mazda3/

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a goof...report him to eBay

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just report him to Ebay, have you confronted him about it yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, report him to ebay. where would he have stolen the pic from?
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn.. what an ..

but he'll just respond with "it was an honest mistake".. if that pic was taken the day you bought it that means the picture of the fog lights are just the stock ones..
    Dave

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sell stuff on eBay as my job and people steal my pics all the time. You most you can do is tell eBay, then they'll ask for proof etc. If you ask them politely, they'll usually apologize and take them down.

Kevin Luc Photography
    www.kevinluc.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is another good reason to justify why we have the buy/sell rules in place on tm3.

i.e. to prevent stuff like this from happening, people have to take pics of their actual items with a card showing their handle/etc. This ensures that people get what they see and that the item is in possession. Yes, it may be a bit of a hassle, especially since you can easily find a (possibly better) picture on the internet of the item, but it just saves the buyer more pain in the end, IF something were to go wrong. That way, if say the item broke after it was bought or something, you could easily show them proof (i.e. the pics you took) and prove the person wrong.

And yes, honest sellers do have to cringe and wonder "why me?" sometimes, but now do you see why?

It's nice to know the person liked your picture, but then again, who wouldn't!?!?! (I'm biased.)
    He was wrong in that he should have at LEAST given you partial credit saying something like "taken from this website" or something of the like.

Universities, or at least mine, are super particular about plagiarizing. And that's cause stuff like this happens all the time. It's like shoplifting, it only harms everyone in the end. It may benefit the fraudulent person in the short run, but over time, he will only be harmed as well, and the truth will come out.

Sadly, most of these things go unnoticed. You'd be lucky if you stumbled across one of your pictures on another site. Who knows how many of my/your pictures are floating around the net in total.

This is the main reason why I am so particular about the pictures and things I post on the internet (Even stuff like pictures of myself, or pictures of me that other people post. The last thing I want is having my face attached to some body that's not mine or vice versa or even worse such as a man pretending to be me). Yes, it's nice when you take a nice picture and you want to share with everyone, but there's always that thought that someone will come along and claim the picture for themselves. Even if you added special touches to it, it's easily removed by photoshop and similar programs. This person even added his own thing to Xenon's pic, and it probably took him around 30 seconds to do it.

This is another reason why we shouldn't trust everyone. No matter what, there will always be bad people or people plagiarizing and/or taking other peoples' credit for stuff. It happens all the time. Most of the time, we can't do anything, but other times we can. In this case, I think the most that will happen is the picture will be removed and/or the seller's rating will be slightly decreased, if any.

A suggestion: I don't know if this is possible, but I once stumbled across a site (don't remember which), but people (or at least me) were not able to copy/paste things from that site. (Right clicking to get the pull down menu would not result in the menu items being not selectable). Maybe we could do that here as well. I don't know how they did that though. Is it like similar to some kind of write protection (you know, like how you get read-only documents)? If you don't understand what I mean, or it's not possible, that's okay, but it is just a suggestion.
    Last edited by mit-gee-mui; 03-13-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added more thoughts
    2005 Winning Blue Mica sedan (sold)
    2006 Snowflake White Pearl hatch (sold)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First mazda kitten and now xenon, im just waiting for someone to steal clem's pics now
    2011 BMW M3
    2015 VW Golf TDI
    2013 Chev Silverado

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mit-gee-mui View Post
    Universities, or at least mine, are super particular about plagiarizing. And that's cause stuff like this happens all the time. It's like shoplifting, it only harms everyone in the end. It may benefit the fraudulent person in the short run, but over time, he will only be harmed as well, and the truth will come out.

This is the main reason why I am so particular about the pictures and things I post on the internet (Even stuff like pictures of myself, or pictures of me that other people post. The last thing I want is having my face attached to some body that's not mine or vice versa or even worse such as a man pretending to be me). Yes, it's nice when you take a nice picture and you want to share with everyone, but there's always that thought that someone will come along and claim the picture for themselves. Even if you added special touches to it, it's easily removed by photoshop and similar programs. This person even added his own thing to Xenon's pic, and it probably took him around 30 seconds to do it.

This is another reason why we shouldn't trust everyone. No matter what, there will always be bad people or people plagiarizing and/or taking other peoples' credit for stuff. It happens all the time. Most of the time, we can't do anything, but other times we can. In this case, I think the most that will happen is the picture will be removed and/or the seller's rating will be slightly decreased, if any.

A suggestion: I don't know if this is possible, but I once stumbled across a site (don't remember which), but people (or at least me) were not able to copy/paste things from that site. (Right clicking to get the pull down menu would not result in the menu items being not selectable). Maybe we could do that here as well. I don't know how they did that though. Is it like similar to some kind of write protection (you know, like how you get read-only documents)? If you don't understand what I mean, or it's not possible, that's okay, but it is just a suggestion.
    Good points MGM (it's the end of the world, I'm actually agreeing with MGM.... )

Most universities have fairly strict rules on plagiarism - UofT's was a bit vague (IMHO) when I was there - apparently 3 words could constitute it.

I've seen that on some websites too where you can't just "Save Pictures As" - it's a good feature.

The other one to do is put HUGE watermarks across the photo, however this ends up ruining it for us honest folk. That is the thing about posting to the web (for me at least and granted I do post the occassional picture) - you just don't really know where you image may end up. Majic may hate this - but this is an area where DRM technology is needed/not so bad to some degree...

Your call Xenon, but I'd report him - at least it's doing somethng rather than nothing.

JMAK
    Last edited by JMAK74; 03-13-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

putting those protections on websites/pictures is good to do (the noright click stuff and whatnot), BUT it only take a quick jab at your print screen button and copy into any photo editing program, and voila....done and done!
    Adam - Kitchener, Ontario.
    Far Far West O'l G! Proud Owner of the Whop-Toboggan Rice Bomb!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confront him first and see what happens.

A simple "excuse me, you borrowed my pic without asking"

You'll either get an I'm sorry, here's a discount, or piss off.

From that point you can report him or not.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few more points: (I wanted to separate this from what I said above)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    I agree, report him to ebay. where would he have stolen the pic from?
    My guess is that I remember on the old site, that pic was placed in several threads and/or xenons3.tk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2chan View Post
    damn.. what an ..

but he'll just respond with "it was an honest mistake".. if that pic was taken the day you bought it that means the picture of the fog lights are just the stock ones..
    Yes, those are stock fogs. So IF he actually is selling xenon fogs, he isn't even showing the right product.

The guy says his products are H3s. Mazda3 fogs are H11, non?

And the title says "04-07 Mazda3 Xenon Fog Lamps kit lights 05 06 mazda 3". Now, his title makes NO sense to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but 07 fogs are totally different from 04-06 fogs.

He keeps alternating between "Xenons", and "HID simulating", and he even put "halogen" in his blurb. So which is it!?!? Those 3 are completely different things!
    55W bulbs are HALOGENS, non? And he only used the word "halogen" once, under the product specs. The rest of the time, he used "hid simulating", and "Xenon" was used most (Noticed how he capitalized "Xenon"). At one point, he even put "Xenon" AND "hid simulating" side by side in a sentence. But that should be a HUGE red flag for us smart people on this board, because we know that HID simulating does NOT equal Xenon.

This just proves to show that you have to be careful what you are reading sometimes.
    Last edited by mit-gee-mui; 03-13-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I'm looking too much into this..... must get back to studying.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
    Confront him first and see what happens.

A simple "excuse me, you borrowed my pic without asking"

You'll either get an I'm sorry, here's a discount, or piss off.

From that point you can report him or not.
    That's exactly what I did. We'll see what happens.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its a good idea that people watermark their pics

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watermarking is the best thing to do but sometimes it ruins the pic.
    2010 Dyno Blue Honda Civic Si

LED HEADLIGHT KIT: Link
    HID Slim Kits 2015: Link
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/importstuning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to here his response

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note.. the bling lights look really good... nice mod Xenon..
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has changed the Pic to one released by Mazda

If you check the auction again (link found in first post) the picture has changed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did he appologize at all?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he advertised the lights as xenon

my guess is, he did a google image search to with xenon mazda3 and came up with lawerence's car!

good he took it down, he had a good feedback, it was likely he would do it.
    - Broli