Thread: Falken ZE-512's

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Falken ZE-512's

Put on a set of 205/60/15 Falkens. Decent in the snow last week drove from London to Pickering no problems. Not nearly as good as my Nordfrost 5's snowtires of course but decent. Excellent in the rain, stable good braking in wet and dry. Smooth at 160 and pretty quit. Very happy overall,
    See Dave @ Steelcase in Markham.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Falken ZE-512's

Hmm.. quite the opposite with my experience on those tires. Had them on my corolla for 3 to 4 summers (2 sets) and they awful in snow. Even more so than worn out all-seasons and they wear very quickly. In terms of tread life, they're comparable to Yoko ES100 summer tires, but not even close in performance in traction in dry and in the rain. The only thing that's got going for them is their inexpensive pricetag.
    Evaluation was done on a lowered vehicle with swaybars and lowered components.
    |-----> Roof Rack <-----| Thule Base Rack - Rocky Mounts Bike Tray - Thule Ski Holder
    2007 GT Sedan 5spd CWP | Rays Mazdaspeed Wheels | Tri-Point Engineering Rear Swaybar
    SPC Camber Links | Bilstein Coilovers | Tint | LED Brake

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate Steelcase and Dave @ that

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdarati Mike View Post
    Put on a set of 205/60/15 Falkens. Decent in the snow last week drove from London to Pickering no problems. Not nearly as good as my Nordfrost 5's snowtires of course but decent. Excellent in the rain, stable good braking in wet and dry. Smooth at 160 and pretty quit. Very happy overall,
    See Dave @ Steelcase in Markham.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put these on my sisters MPV and they dont like them in the rain. They haven't mentioned any other problems with them other then that. Decent tire for the price, but I think I would direct someone to the General Exclaims before these next time...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had these tires for about three years back when they first came out (6-7 years ago) and they were great for the money. If I were buying in today's market however I'd likely go a different route as there are newer tires out that are superior for the same money. My issues with the 512's was that they were really loud after only one summer. It actually got quite annoying. I never drove them in snow so I can't comment, and in rain they did fine, nothing special though.