Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Mileage Thread for Mazdaspeed3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gas Mileage Thread for Mazdaspeed3

i get roughly 400+kms per tank... thats the lowest amount of kms i've gotten and that was before the new law... i've driven to london and back on one tank which is more than 400kms while goin roughly 130... i did have to stop at yonge and 407 to fill up though since that was the closest sonaco to where i was going

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I drive in the city, I never let the tank go below 1/2 but generally the computer tells me I'm using 12.5-13L/100km 100% city driving. For Christmas vacation I drove out 13 hours to my fiancee's place in Quebec. I got 685km out of one tank, averaged 7.6L/100km that tank, 100% highway, which is what the fuel estimates are for my car. I had the cruise control at 110km/h the whole time, didn't have to brake or stop for a break once. That works out to 52L of fuel used. Sounds right. I think that fill up said 51.5L on the receipt. The tank in the MS3 holds 55L, correct?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardly ever highway driven. And when I finally do take it on the highway, I book it. lol..
    350/full tank..

Last time I filled up at Esso, the automatic stop mechanism DIDN'T stop. Fuel went on my shoes. I told the manager there, and got a very intelligent response..
    "That happens sometimes."
    NO, no it doesn't! You ****s!
    2012 Black Volkswagen GTI
    2007 CWP Mazdaspeed3
    1998 Black Honda Civic DX Hatch
    1993 Black Honda Civic LX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dad View Post
    At the Shannonville race track for a lapping day, I got 88 km on 40 litres in the morning and and 105km on 50 litres in the afternoon. Boost kills gas! Daily my computer reads 8.8L/100km but the pump says 10L/100km averaging 500km per tank (I run it dry!). The only explanation is that I leave the car idling for 20 seconds to cool down the turbo and the computer does not take that into consideration I guess?
    lol oh man i wondered what it would get at a track, but only 88km on 40L seems impossible

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosic View Post
    Hardly ever highway driven. And when I finally do take it on the highway, I book it. lol..
    350/full tank..

Last time I filled up at Esso, the automatic stop mechanism DIDN'T stop. Fuel went on my shoes. I told the manager there, and got a very intelligent response..
    "That happens sometimes."
    NO, no it doesn't! You ****s!
    I have done some reading on my new MS3, and I've ran into several mentionings of CEL with and overfilled tank...is the car overly sensitive or is that THE WAY IT IS? kinda makes it difficult to MAX a full tank for a efficiency record run...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had an issue with mine.

If you're measuring your economy, just fill it until the pump clicks off and keep track of how many km's you get and how much gas you needed to fill it back up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last tank I got 504km and the car required 46 litres to fill it up again. The trip computer said;
    AVG speed 51km/hr, avg consumption 8.6L/100km

I worked it out to an actual 9.2 L/100 km.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ptfire View Post
    My last tank I got 504km and the car required 46 litres to fill it up again. The trip computer said;
    AVG speed 51km/hr, avg consumption 8.6L/100km

I worked it out to an actual 9.2 L/100 km.
    Is that like 90% highway driving?
    CWP Mazdaspeed3
    :: Born 2.2007 :: Purchased 3.17.2007 :: Rail 3.21.2007 :: Arrival 4.04.2007 :: Joy Day 4.05.2007 :: Gone 5.15.2009
    Currently driving 2006 350z GT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garu View Post
    lol...I can sense the tone of doubt in your question...and I echo it by asserting that it's likely mostly hwy...

as hard as I've tried, I have never been able to get 500km out of the tank...I might have touched it once on a 1-stop run up to Ottawa, but now I just give up...I drive like I'm always late...then of course I show up 10 min early...

and yeah, I've used up a tank of gas at the track in about 100km...funny thing is bigger tracks aren't that much worse on gas and definitely much better on your tires...

since the weather got nice and I've been testing, I have avg'd 13 - 14L/100km at times...normal D2D driving (I live in downtown TO) I get ~11L/100km

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I do get 10.3L/100KM from about 60% highway 40% city driving.
    I know 10.3 is pretty accurate because I keep history of the date, mileage and litres of gas I pump in.

But going down to 8 or 9L per 100KM is when you drive 70% or more highway of your driving.
    (Or maybe economy mode with Cobb AP)

I get about 470~500KM per tank and I do push it time to time.
    Last edited by Garu; 07-15-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~450km full tank 100% local driving.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I do get 10.3L/100KM from about 60% highway 40% city driving.
    I know 10.3 is pretty accurate because I keep history of the date, mileage and litres of gas I pump in.

But going down to 8 or 9L per 100KM is when you drive 70% or more highway of your driving.
    (Or maybe economy mode with Cobb AP)

I get about 470~500KM per tank and I do push it time to time.
    On my commute to work when I don't rip it(which is quite often) I get high 7s/100km or around 8L/100km Last tank I filled up 41.45 liter and drove 530km. The trip computer says 30.4 mpg = 7.73 indicated. But I calculated it as 7.8xL/100km.

On weeks I go out more and do a bit more city /traffic driving, going out with friends, lots of stop & starts. My average usually drops to mid to high 8L/100km.

This is 100% stock car, dino oil, stock airbox, heavy 18s.

I'm sure if I get rid of the stock airbox, 18s & dino oil I can average low 7/100km.

I remember when I first got the car with 200miles and March weather, it was averaging a little over 10L/100km. My fuel compsumtion loves summer heat!

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why people find it so hard to get good mileage in their MS3. Maybe I'm just lucky. I average 9.6-10L/100km in 100% city, 5:30pm traffic. computer usually says 9-9.2L, but I work it out when I fill up. If I stay at 100km/h on the highways, with 100% highway driving I can hit 6.8-6.9L/100km. Most I've ever gotten from a full tank on 100% highway was 660km till the fill light first came on. I drove another 5kms to the next gas station.

And don't get me wrong, I accelerate fast whenever I can, I just don't speed or hit the gas hard to get around people.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    I don't know why people find it so hard to get good mileage in their MS3. Maybe I'm just lucky. I average 9.6-10L/100km in 100% city, 5:30pm traffic. computer usually says 9-9.2L, but I work it out when I fill up. If I stay at 100km/h on the highways, with 100% highway driving I can hit 6.8-6.9L/100km. Most I've ever gotten from a full tank on 100% highway was 660km till the fill light first came on. I drove another 5kms to the next gas station.

And don't get me wrong, I accelerate fast whenever I can, I just don't speed or hit the gas hard to get around people.
    Come on AL, we all know you have a little Granny hiding inside of you!...j/k

but seriously, when does the boost start coming in, what rpm? ....and does it come in @ 15psi all at once or is it gradual?...just curious!

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post

but seriously, when does the boost start coming in, what rpm? ....and does it come in @ 15psi all at once or is it gradual?...just curious!

_3
    it starts boosting a little in high high 1000rpm or about 2000rpm, if I floor it at 1500rpm in high gear, I can feel it get a bit of an extra kick just slightly under 2000rpm, then at around 2500rpm the boost increase sharpy and by 3000 I believe its full boost... or full torque at least, don't have a boost gauge I have no clue waht psi its running but full torque is avaliable around 3000rpm and i'm guessing thats full boost.

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post

_3
    First two gears boost is limited. One time I tested when I got boost, put it in 6th at ~1250rpm and put the gas to the floor. Started spooling around 1700rpm and by 2200rpm it was at full. When I accelerate in traffic though, I normally shift very easy on the gas at 2000rpm most times. The odd time flat to the floor shifing at 3000-3500.

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silvermist99 View Post
    it starts boosting a little in high high 1000rpm or about 2000rpm, if I floor it at 1500rpm in high gear, I can feel it get a bit of an extra kick just slightly under 2000rpm, then at around 2500rpm the boost increase sharpy and by 3000 I believe its full boost... or full torque at least, don't have a boost gauge I have no clue waht psi its running but full torque is avaliable around 3000rpm and i'm guessing thats full boost.
    Yea, stock it takes MUCH longer to get to full boost. Plus with the CAI I get the luxury of hearing the turbo spooling. =)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 760 kms last weekend that mostly hwy driving and usually 450-500 during the week 75% city 25% hwy
    Falken FK-452 | 225-45R18 | Konig Hotswap |35% Tints| Greddy TT| Cobb Sri| Cobb Shifter| Cobb AP Stage 2| BC Coilovers | Cobb Shifter Weight| Cobb Inlet Pipe |TS BOV |Dashhawk| COBB FMIC |CPE MM|CPE TBE| NRG ETD|
    STILL TO COME: |Whatever I can get my hands on before she kills me|
    2003 Blue Yamaha R6
    Pazzo shorty levers|Hindle exhaust|flush mount turn signals|Fender eliminator|Smoked windscreen|8000k HID

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is mostly city driving. That's why my avg speed was just 51km/hr.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stormin84 View Post
    i got 760 kms last weekend that mostly hwy driving and usually 450-500 during the week 75% city 25% hwy
    mostly = 85% hwy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    Yea, stock it takes MUCH longer to get to full boost. Plus with the CAI I get the luxury of hearing the turbo spooling. =)
    I think I'll get a turbo inlet pipe next year if i feel like modding the car! not sure about intake yet I am not a fan of turbo airsucking noise which I had on my last car, altho the power gain is goooood...

Quote Originally Posted by stormin84 View Post
    new record on this thread!!! I wonder if its possible to break 900km some low resistant tires on lightweight 16s, intake, turboback, ap economy flash, slammed, synthetic oil, and cruise set at 90km/h drafting a tractor trailer That is approaching TDI mileage.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last full calculation yielded that I was doing 9.5L/100KM (despite what my computer was telling me)
    That's a combo of highway, mild city and some spirited driving.

Any extra costs incured for gas on this car... I consider a "smile tax"... this car makes me smile when I drive it.. every day.
    So i don't complain at all.

2008 Mazdaspeed3, Cosmic Blue Mica,
    Cobb SRI, Buddy Club Condenser, TWM SS w/ Bushings, Turbosmart BPV, StreetUnit Motor Mount.
    PSI Tuning ECU Flash

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theurgy View Post
    My last full calculation yielded that I was doing 9.5L/100KM (despite what my computer was telling me)
    That's a combo of highway, mild city and some spirited driving.

Any extra costs incured for gas on this car... I consider a "smile tax"... this car makes me smile when I drive it.. every day.
    So i don't complain at all.
    Like my old sig said:

The MS3 is loud enough and stiff enough to remind me that I'm no longer 16...then I stomp on the gas and I'm 16 all over again... =)

I get 430 - 470 per tank...I've gotten less than 400 on several occasions...keeps me young...hehe...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new record on this thread!!! I wonder if its possible to break 900km some low resistant tires on lightweight 16s, intake, turboback, ap economy flash, slammed, synthetic oil, and cruise set at 90km/h drafting a tractor trailer That is approaching TDI mileage.[/QUOTE]

i was lucky there was no traffic at all which it was odd...and nice

Ride
    1990 Porsche 911 C4
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get low 9's l/100km about 60% hwy driving, overall spirited.
    I got about 680km on a trip in the US and the light hadn't come on yet. Wasn't about to pull a "Kramer" to see how far I could go into the red while travelling in Chicago!!
    In the city, I like accelerating too much, soooo, my mileage drops signifcantly to around 420-450/tank
    MSMITCH 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
    Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital - Open 24 hours - 416-247-VETS (8387)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast