Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Tint Master

I shopped around for the best tint job a month after getting my 3. First I went to Tint king on queensway with my buddy. I think we was there the same time dr1fter was getting his car tinted (June 7th). I remember seeing a dark colored 3 sedan inside when I asked for a quote. Anyway, the guy that was doing to tint told me that if I can wait he can do mine next. I was a walk-in so I didnt have an appointment. I wanted to check out another place so we left and thats when we found tint master. We asked how much it would cost and the owner was very friendly and helpful. Answered all my questions. The good thing about his tint service is that it is computer cut and not cut by hand so there is no risk of them cutting a piece of rubber trim around the windows. Thats why I decided to get them to tint my car. So the next day I was back and they did the tint. Even chatted with the owner while I waited. After the car was done in about 2 hours, I was happy to see the difference it made on the car. A week later I noticed some bubbling on all the windows and even the hatch. So I went back and showed it to the owner and he said "oh yeah those are normal, that's why we always tell our customers to come back after 8 weeks to get those tiny bubbles pressed out." Funny, I don't recall him ever saying that to me but anyway, he found way too many bubbles on the rear driver side window so he offered to have it redone. They scheduled me to come back on a tuesday just before they open so they can quickly fix it. So, back I went on that tuesday morning and they re-did the tint. But this time they didn't bother using the computer to cut the tint. They did it by hand. I inspected the car after it was done but didn't find any cuts on the rubber trim so I was relieved that they didnt mess anything up. At least I thought they didn't until after a couple of months later. On friday (8/24/07), I noticed some long cuts along the rubber trim on the lower part of the window which I never noticed before. It looks like the cuts were caused by an exacto knife. So, I knew it was them. I never noticed it before because a fresh cut on a rubber would be very thin so even when I was washing the car it is not noticeable. But because of the hot and cool weather we've been having lately, it is possible that it made the rubber swell a little bit and then when dust and dirt got in the cuts they now became visible. How can they call themselves the "TINT Master" if they can't even tint a car right? I am not happy with the job they did and regret that I should've just got it done at tint king. Never go to Tint Master in mississauga! You will have a lot of bubbling on you windows guaranteed!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Summer: 2011 Subaru STi Sedan GONE
    Current Daily Driver: 2015 STi Sport-Tech

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tint Master

How much did tint master charge? I saw your car too but i didn't see you.

07mica||Prolumens|CompustarPro|Lids|oemFogs||want2buy|Rims|Grill|Prokits||Spoiler|

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dr1ft3r View Post
    How much did tint master charge? I saw your car too but i didn't see you.
    $299 for the metallized tint. Which made me even more pissed off because I opted to pay more for a crappy job.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my old car done at the tint master here in Barrie years ago and they also did a horrible job.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JESUS! 299?!?!?!?

thats insane. that is 120$ more than noble tinting.
    '03 VW GTI - Silverstone Grey

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    JESUS! 299?!?!?!?

thats insane. that is 120$ more than noble tinting.
    I didn't mind paying more since they use a machine to cut the tint instead of the usual knife cutting method.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but look where it got you anyway...

everyone i know who got hand cut tints never had any sliced rubber. who told you hand cut is bad?

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    but look where it got you anyway...

everyone i know who got hand cut tints never had any sliced rubber. who told you hand cut is bad?
    I didnt say hand cutting is bad. It's just a personal preference. Now I'm getting flamed for choosing this method?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    All these tint horror stories makes me refrain from getting my two fronts tinted. I had my rears tinted back in Halifax 2 years ago and haven't had an issue with the tint since (was applied perfectly, and still looks perfect). I'm concerned about having a less-than-stellar experience here in Toronto getting my fronts done...

Sorry to hear about your experience. What did they do in the end? Any final resolution?
    You can't possibly lump all Toronto tint installers as the same. (Unless I'm mis-reading your post?)

Most people have gotten great tint installs, including myself (on both cars).

It's unfortunate that Maxspeed3 got a bad install, but this is one shop out of many. Do a search on this board and you'll find many good experiences with tint installs.

Maxspeed3 - $299 is quite steep for tint. I'm surprised that someone actually charges that - even for computer cut.
    2006 Mazda 3 Sport GT●Black Mica●Manual●Sunroof

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    OI'm leaning toward Audio Heaven to get my tint done this fall, if I get it done at all. I've heard some good things about that shop, and hope if I do choose them, I won't end up disappointed.
    Good choice. That's where I got both of my cars done.

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what's done is done. Like skarbro said, this is one shop out of many. I might rip out the tint next summer to get it redone.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its such a shame that they did such a bad job, you should go back to em and say you are totally unhappy with it, maybe they will re-do it for you.

most places would rather comp a little work than have a unhappy customer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thats what I was thinking.. why settle for a crappy job, especially if they've damaged the trim on your car??

take it back
    2017 Mazda 3 GT Sport

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Tint Master

I've been getting windows tinted at Tint Master for over 20 years and have never had a problem yet. The computer cut system is one of the best ways to insure the cuts are consistant. If there is bubbles in your window why don't you just bring it back? you have a lifetime warranty that covers material & labour... I would never trust Nobel Tinting because he is a thief and Tint King on the Queensway is even worse. Maybe your exspectation are just to high... I had a warranty issue once with Tint Master and they looked after me right away no question about it thats why I will always go back there... GOOD LUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelarate View Post
    I shopped around for the best tint job a month after getting my 3. First I went to Tint king on queensway with my buddy. I think we was there the same time dr1fter was getting his car tinted (June 7th). I remember seeing a dark colored 3 sedan inside when I asked for a quote. Anyway, the guy that was doing to tint told me that if I can wait he can do mine next. I was a walk-in so I didnt have an appointment. I wanted to check out another place so we left and thats when we found tint master. We asked how much it would cost and the owner was very friendly and helpful. Answered all my questions. The good thing about his tint service is that it is computer cut and not cut by hand so there is no risk of them cutting a piece of rubber trim around the windows. Thats why I decided to get them to tint my car. So the next day I was back and they did the tint. Even chatted with the owner while I waited. After the car was done in about 2 hours, I was happy to see the difference it made on the car. A week later I noticed some bubbling on all the windows and even the hatch. So I went back and showed it to the owner and he said "oh yeah those are normal, that's why we always tell our customers to come back after 8 weeks to get those tiny bubbles pressed out." Funny, I don't recall him ever saying that to me but anyway, he found way too many bubbles on the rear driver side window so he offered to have it redone. They scheduled me to come back on a tuesday just before they open so they can quickly fix it. So, back I went on that tuesday morning and they re-did the tint. But this time they didn't bother using the computer to cut the tint. They did it by hand. I inspected the car after it was done but didn't find any cuts on the rubber trim so I was relieved that they didnt mess anything up. At least I thought they didn't until after a couple of months later. On friday (8/24/07), I noticed some long cuts along the rubber trim on the lower part of the window which I never noticed before. It looks like the cuts were caused by an exacto knife. So, I knew it was them. I never noticed it before because a fresh cut on a rubber would be very thin so even when I was washing the car it is not noticeable. But because of the hot and cool weather we've been having lately, it is possible that it made the rubber swell a little bit and then when dust and dirt got in the cuts they now became visible. How can they call themselves the "TINT Master" if they can't even tint a car right? I am not happy with the job they did and regret that I should've just got it done at tint king. Never go to Tint Master in mississauga! You will have a lot of bubbling on you windows guaranteed!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, thread resurection from the grave + First post defending Tint Master = FAIL
    '09 CWP Mazda 3 GT Sport/17% tint/17x7 ADVANTI M85 MF/Falken ZE912

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been going to tint master for over 10 years for all kinds of cars and i have nothing bad to say about them and their service. I am a family friend of the owner and im sure if you had an issue about something he would be more than happy to fix it for you.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Tint Master

Quote Originally Posted by BoostieMonster View Post
    WOW, thread resurection from the grave + First post defending Tint Master = FAIL
    How is that a fail stupid, the only fail is your mothers giving birth to you moron!
    Tint Master is the best tint shop in Canada. Been around since the 80's, most other shops have only been around for a coulpe of years, then they open up under another name.
    ps. There is no time limit to respond to a thread stupid!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by makoman View Post
    How is that a fail stupid, the only fail is your mothers giving birth to you moron!
    Tint Master is the best tint shop in Canada. Been around since the 80's, most other shops have only been around for a coulpe of years, then they open up under another name.
    If I had to guess...you work for the shop and came across this page through google? LMAO.

Oh yeah, nice attack with the mom joke but I'm pretty sure most people only have 1 mother(s)?
    Have you seen my stapler?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you come in here as a new user, resurrect a dead thread and bash the competitors of tint master with no real story behind it. and all this in your first post. IT's just an Epic fail.

Now you go on a rant bout Tint master like it's your lover or something, and insulting members, just as PC load letter said it just makes it look like you work for them or have some kind of personal ties. Look at ST3ALTH's post he defends tint master without looking like a douche, he didn't insult or make anyone look bad.

Now more then ever i don't trust Tint Master, if you were a true member of this board you would see what good and trustful companies do, they don't talk shit about other people, they give great deals, and they fess up to when they **** up.

I had problems with a product from a sponsor here, and they looked at it tested it and said it's bad and handed me another one, they didn't go on a rant insulting me or anything like that.

In short your stupid posts is more reason for us never to go to Tint Master
    Last edited by zoso; 09-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was deciding who to get my tints done with it seemed that Audio Heaven and Auto Links were both up there in recommendations. There was a post where a few people were knocking audio heaven and John from Auto Links actually defended them in a well articulated post. It was after reading that I decided to go to John at Auto Links and I couldn't be happier.

I've never been to Tint Master or Tint King so I can't comment, however if any one does read this post again and are looking I personally would recommend Auto Links.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter what you say your still stupid. I don't work for Tint Master and have no relation to them at all. I own a car dealership in Mississauga and send our vehicles to Tint Master and they are the only one I trust.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter what you say your still stupid. I don't work for Tint Master and have no relation to them at all. I own a car dealership in Mississauga and send our vehicles to Tint Master and they are the only one I trust.
    2006 Copper Red Mazda 3 HB GT w/ 20% Tint All Around >< 6000K HID >< Yellow Fogs >< Stubby Antenna >< Flip Key >< Cross Drilled Rotors >< HAWK HPS Brake Pads >< Matte Black Front & Rear Stripes >< Blacked out Emblems >< Eyelids >< Infinity Subs w/ ATX Amp & Cap >< Chrome Signal Lights >< Window Visors >< Eibach ProKit Springs >< PIAA Super Sporza Wipers >< KONI Yellow Struts/Shocks >< HELLA Supertone >< Magnaflow CBE >< 215/45/17 Hankook Evo V12 >< TAKEDA SRI ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srbin View Post
    Not sure I'd go that far but leaning towards that.

So basically no matter what someone says, they are stupid and you are right? huh...

Also, as zoso said "it just makes it look like you work for them or have some kind of personal ties." and yet you say you own a car dealership and you send all your tint business to them. That seems like a personal tie to me. I'm not saying that they are bad but you aren't helping due to your attitude. Saying your point in a more polite manner would be more helpful that insulting people.
    2008.5 GT Sport - Black Mica - SOLD!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 - Black Mica - Minor Mods

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

read the blog and see who started it.
    Because I found a good tint shop like Tint Master is why we use them. To keep insisting I have a personal relationship with them is really stupid!! wow!!! you just don"t get it. That is STUPID!! If you or anyone eles responds to this blog anymore your even more STUPID than I thought!! peace

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    is there a reason your still here? must be all your friends on the board lol
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bMeiSter View Post
    Really Dave? You just have to make things worse...
    Just for that, your website sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast