0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Warranty-Friendly MOD's vs NOT

is it safe to say that the following three MODs will null my warranty?:
    a)computer upgrade
    b)rear motor mount
    c)blow-off valve

i know some dealerships are flexible on certain MOD's or they'll always qualify warranty repairs with "if it's related/result of the mod, you're SOL" but just need some feedback before the transformation happens this month.

pick up my MS3 next week! thanks.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Warranty-Friendly MOD's vs NOT

As long as the modification does not adversly affect the performance of the car you should be ok. Having said that it's left up to the dealership's service techs to determine if the modification was the culprit. If you read around I'm sure you'll find instances where they WILL jump to conclusions before all the information is in. In other cases they're fine with mods.

My point is that you ALWAYS run the risk if the parts you use for enhanced performance are not Mazda parts with their respective warranties. As long as you understand that risk and are prepared for the outcome, whether good or bad, then I would go for it.

Congrats on your purchase.....

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Warranty-Friendly MOD's vs NOT

Quote Originally Posted by REZXPERT View Post
    is it safe to say that the following three MODs will null my warranty?:
    a)computer upgrade
    b)rear motor mount
    c)blow-off valve

i know some dealerships are flexible on certain MOD's or they'll always qualify warranty repairs with "if it's related/result of the mod, you're SOL" but just need some feedback before the transformation happens this month.

pick up my MS3 next week! thanks.
    a) What kind of computer upgrade? You mean an engine management system? It will definitely void the warranty, because you are controlling A/F ratio, boost, etc with that thing. However EMS are designed to be plug and play, you can 'unplug' when you pay a visit.
    b) I haven't come accross of anyone who had warranty issues with upgraded rear motor mount.
    c) What kind of BOV? BPV or VTA? If it's a BPV, I think it's ok, but VTA, the dealer would certainly have a problem with. Then again, BOV can be exchanged in fairly quick manner, there shouldn't be a problem just taking off the aftermarket one and install the stock one before your visit to the dealer.
    CWP Mazdaspeed3
    :: Born 2.2007 :: Purchased 3.17.2007 :: Rail 3.21.2007 :: Arrival 4.04.2007 :: Joy Day 4.05.2007 :: Gone 5.15.2009
    Currently driving 2006 350z GT