Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TM3 Times #1 - September 2007

TM3 Times – September 2007

This the inaugural issue of the TM3 Times (perhaps we will have a contest to name the periodical more suitably in a later issue). The TM3 Times will be a monthly newsreel type of periodical, we will have a recap of the dealings of the previous month and a look ahead to planned events for the next month.

August 2007 Review

This was a great summer for TM3, and August was a prime example of why. The club has experienced unprecedented growth over this year, and particularly over this summer. We have many new faces at our meets and events, and our core of active members is growing. Meets in August were as frequent and as populated as ever. Growth takes time, and our showing at the various car shows this month could have been more impressive. Wait until next summer! That’s all I am going to say about that!

August saw the commencement of our monthly member spotlights (Check out the Member Spotlight section!), this section gives us a glimpse into the person behind the wheel. Big thanks to Matt (MattC) for running with this and doing a fantastic job on the August spotlight. We are all looking forward to the September spotlight. Our August spotlight was Adam (Dentinger), he was a good sport and he was active in answering other members questions. We look forward to seeing what else Matt has in store for us with next months spotlight.

August Events

Wheels Direct Block Party

On Aug. 26, 2007 - TOP and TM3 had 3 entries in the Wheels Direct Car Show, in Scarborough. Junior from TOP and myself cruised in around 10am. There were quite a few clubs there, such as Bimmer Clubs, Low Rider club, the Rough Rider motorcycle club, and the 24k club as well as others. We took many pictures of great looking cars not to mention the very hot Asian models who I gladly let put fingerprints on my car and the fine lookin' model from Street Concepts. Yummy! There were 3 top prizes for the Mazda class with 5 Mazda's entered in the show. Junior came 2nd and I think I came last. There were tons of really great looking cars. Even though I left early, I found the show fun. I was upset at the fact that TOP and TM3 clubs did not represent very well. It was kind of sad but what can you do, so many shows this year and Sundays are always hard for people to get out. Hopefully we will have some better turnouts next year.

(picture by spyder01)

click here for more pictures

- Marco (Effin Itai)
    Cruise and Photoshoot

I really had an amazing time on the Oakville Photoshoot/Cruise. I spent about a year browsing the forums before making the leap to a meet this summer. Finally decided to come out and "make my mark" as an active participant of the club and I am really glad that I did. This Photoshoot/Cruise was just the icing on the cake to a fabulous summer with TM3!

I missed the cruise up to Oakville, but I hear it was a smooth ride, with RJ3 running the show very nicely. Once in Oakville, we hung out down by the lake in the heart of Downtown Oakville, then took a cruise up to a more urban location on upper middle/trafalgar to grab some good food, good conversation with some laughs thrown in-between. It was a very casual group just enjoying their Mazda's and meeting new people and catching up with old friends from the club. After some grub, people said their "goodbyes" and went their separate ways leaving the 5 hardcore TM3 enthusiasts on another cruise down lakeshore to the pier for what can only be described as "a beautiful sight to see" as a perfect setting for photos; capping it all off with a 5-car convoy up Brant Street (downtown Burlington) onto the QEW full of life and telling jokes awaiting our next TM3 adventure!

(picture by Broli)

click here for more pictures

- Scott (1flycdnM3)
    2nd Annual Team Slipstream Show n' Shine

All I have to say is that this event went very smoothly. From beginning to end I was glad I was able to attend the show. It was nice to meet some fellow TM3 members I haven't met before, as well some TOP and TM6 members.

The pre-meet was a great way to start things off. Tim Horton's definitely hit the spot. Besides hitting some extremely heavy traffic in Oakville, the ride down to Niagara was fairly smooth. Even though the max speed past Ford Drive was only 10 KM/h the time went fairly quickly with the chatter over the radios. If you don't have a radio on a cruise, I can definitely say that you will miss out on a good time. Other than the heavy traffic and a sudden departure of 3 members from the group in Burlington for a quick pee break, lol, we all managed to stay together for most of the trip. This was my first official TM3 cruise, and I found it to be a fun experience.

Once we arrived at the event, fashionably late of course (I mean we had to make a good, noticeable entrance and all), and upon entering we were each provided with a small bag consisting of tire shine and cleaner, a lanyard and some other items, which was definitely a nice gesture. We all parked and everyone scrambled to do a last minute detail before the judges came around. The show was well organized and very relaxed. The atmosphere and the cars were good, and the weather was great! What more could you ask for. During the day we looked at the cars there, ate some pizza (I think we claimed half of the second order, about 16 or 17 pizzas to our group!!!) and played some games. If only they had a left handed golf club, then maybe more of us would have had a better chance of winning that clublink prize!! There were plenty of raffle prizes to win which is always nice, which Broli, of course cleaned up on. It was nice to see Alex win Best Mazda Protege/3 Class. Always nice to see a fellow TM3 member take home the trophy. Another thanks is in order to Felicia (KOKKINO) for bringing the cooler of drinks. Without them we definitely would have been a rather thirsty bunch!

Unfortunately I wasn't there for the trophy presentation or the pictures afterwards since I had to leave earlier but I am very happy that I was able to attend the show. TSS put on a well organized show that I enjoyed. I was pleased to meet a lot of new members and would suggest that everyone attend the event next year. Everyone's car looked great from our group who went and I would love to see even more come out. Our group is a great bunch and definitely makes the day interesting to say the least. I would like to say a final thanks to Team Slipstream for putting on the event and those TM3/TOP/TM6 members who made it to the show. I had a great time and look forward to more events in the future.

(picture by Matt from TSS)

click for more pics

- Ryan (cwp_sedan)
    Meeting of the Mazdas - 2007

On August 11 2007, the seventh annual Meeting of The Mazdas(M.O.T.M, formerly known as M.O.M) event was held on a scorching hot day at Toronto Motorsports Park(Cayuga). The event was both a competition and a charity fundraiser for The Hospital for Sick Children.

For the first time in the events history it was held in conjunction with a Canadian Sport Compact Series event. Stemming from this partnership the event was expanded beyond the typical show and shine, which had been the highlight of previous year’s events. This year, the event added Drag Racing, Drifting. Time Attack, and an Audio Competition. Some of TM3’s members proudly and valiantly represented our club, themselves, and their cars by competing in both the Drag Racing and Time Attack competitions.

TorontoMazda3 had a solid turnout of 10+ cars, though some left early, and some (myself) arrived late. Though in previous years the club has had a larger representation given the changes to the event this year, and the distance from Toronto, the turnout was solid.

A couple members’ unveiled new modifications specifically for the MOTM show and shine event. The event also highlighted the great efforts of one of our sponsors. SuperShyGuy came to the event for the primary purpose of delivering a lip for SpeedBaby/MazdaSpeed’s car. This last minute delivery, along with a new vinyl mod, helped for SpeedBaby/MazdaSpeed win in the “Best Mazda 3 Category”.

All those who attended the event from TM3 enjoyed the event. The MOTM committee visited with the TM3 members towards the end of the day, and we were assured they had plans to make additional positive changes for next year.

I look forward to the event next year.

(picture by methodyst)

click for more pics

Ami (S.F.W.)
    August 2007 meets recap

Since Stan (stas) makes nearly every meet in every area code, I figured he would make the perfect meet correspondent. We will look forward to his monthly articles as he makes his run at being the most active TM3er of us all!!!

Every gathering leaves fun and in some cases painful memories (I’ll get into this later). Unfortunately not many members can make it to the meets, therefore, from now on there’ll be a monthly “newsletter” on TM3 forum to summarize the highlights from the meets in the given month.

The month of August:

The end of the month has been cold yet the attendance was respectful. Even EO MASIV meets have increased in numbers and are still one of the few meets that have cars from other clubs on the roll call. As well no one can ever forget the MASIV free coffee run to Tim Horton’s; even Bubba managed to make it all the way down from the KW, props to him for making that trek, and once again thanks for the voucher, I put it to good use.

After being away for all of July I was surprised to see that La Paloma has grown to the level of AA meets. Its always great to see that people are now understanding the meaning of a central meet location, west enders used to always come there but now you can spot a good chunk of east enders too. Oh yea, and I forgot to mention that douche diesel golf driver trying to beat the record for the most sound produced at granny speeds.

We managed to have a successful meet at Caledonia and Castlefield where surprisingly no one got arrested or ticketed this time, Both TM3 and TOP had a solid representation at the event. It was surprisingly safer this time, I didn’t see as many donuts or burnouts this time around. Now to the more important part, “NEONDAVE”. I’m sure you all remember a pink American car with pink neons top and bottom, even the driver managed to get sunburn that would match his car. Surprisingly all the guys jumped to the car to get a picture with it, this makes me doubt the 2 clubs tastes. Alex also finally got his shaved speed bumper on, the behind of his car is sick. But you missed some spots while shaving on the hatch (emblems, and the cut out on top of the bumper)...

AA meet have kept their chilling atmosphere and McGuyver still got the adrenaline to do any mod at any time for as long as he’s needed. Its surprising how many independent fog mods he can do in one day without the use of a knife, about 4 from what I have counted in a single meet, and beforehand he has managed to install a full fog kit.

To round it up all up, the club has grown and the meets now offer much more excitement then before, its not just about sitting in that comfortable folding chair anymore, its also making sure Joe’s kids don’t get any more sugar or finding a reason for McGuyver to do something to your car, sending Broli or Marco for coffee (oh btw Marco I sill owe you 50 cents). Oh who am I kidding it’s all about the chairs, free coffee, and La Paloma’s restricted features.

- Stan (stas)
    September 2007 Preview

September is usually the beginning of the end of the summer . . . We at TM3 are not going to let that happen, we will build upon our successes and have continued growth and success into the fall.

We have plenty of things to look forward to this month.

1. The return of the Caption Contest, this is a great way to kill some time each and everyday. Whether you participate or whether you simply read and laugh, you will be happy to see this game return. (click to learn more)

2. The second member spotlight will be up soon, we will have a chance here to learn about one of our very own moderators, this will certainly be quite entertaining, keep checking back in the spotlight section for the September spotlight.

3. Visitor from the far far far west! In the beginning of September, Vic (Elder_MMHS) from the BC Mazda3 club will be in town. He will be our honoured guest at the AA meet on Thursday September 6th 2007. Please make every effort to attend this meet so that Vic goes back to Vancouver and boasts of the glory of TM3. (click to learn more)

4. There is some planning going on for a joint TM3/TOP/TM6 event for September, hopefully we see this event in September, if not stay tuned for October.

5. As always the meets will be in full swing throughout September, check the mini meets section for all the information you will need.
    Thanks for a great summer guys and gals, looking forward to a great fall also!

- Alex (Broli)
    Last edited by Broli; 09-06-2007 at 01:07 AM.
    - Broli

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TM3 Times #1 - September 2007

Nice! I like this idea. Very informative....now you just need to print it and mail it to everyone..lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's really cool I like the fact that everything gets summed up nicely!

Will
    "4 doors are better then 2, this way it's twice the zoom zoom"

That's Mr. APRIL NOOB 2 U

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this set up nicely done

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thing turned out better then i thought, kudos to you alex. now where is the section about the AA meets that i wrote???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guy this is what u sent me . .
    resend me the part about the AAs and i will get it in there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broli View Post
    guy this is what u sent me . .
    resend me the part about the AAs and i will get it in there
    just admit ur envy of AA meets

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job putting that together Alex! I think it definitely turned out on a plus side. I found myself reading and being interested in all of the articles. Nice to see everyone's involvement also.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great idea! love the format and each section is very well written!

nice work guys!
    2017 Mazda 3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL very cool It's like a news letter
    +% DIRT333 DOZEN Crew (DDC) %+-
    2006 Mazda 3 GS Power package Sand Mica

Ride
    2016 Subaru WRX
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job Alex!

This worked out even better than I had imagined it. Tells people what they missed and gives credit to people that came out to support the club.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good read..

-----------------
    THEN 2005 Mazda3 GT/GFX - 5MT - Stubby - Work XD-9 - Sumitomo HTR Z III - Rays Lug Nuts - Eibach Prokit - TWM STS - RX8 Knob - Leather Shift Boot - Borla Cat Back - 35% Tints - Progress Rear Sway - Philips D2S 4300K - Vibrant Strut Bar - BuddyClub Condenser - SPC Camber Kit - Fujita F5 CAI - StreetUnit Motor Mount - Mazdaspeed Clutch - Rotora Slotted Rotors - Hawk HPS - Indy Fog Mod - Koni Yellow - PSI Tuned - Straight Pipe
    NOW 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Black Mica

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Y)
    editor and cheaf of news
    you got my vote haha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to send it out via email or mail.
    2008 Hatch GT Pearl White

Upgrades:
    Eibach Prokit Springs, Blackout Emblems, SRI Intake, RX8 rims (Powdercoated), 35% Tints, CX-7 antenna, All lights changed to LED, In dash Sirius Radio, Hella Horn, Mazdaspeed Sway Bars, Front & Back,
    what else. hmm.

Member of the BOD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats not a bad idea Gary . . .

we will work it up for november . . october should be up in a few days . . .