Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ECU tuning.

Well, I was asking a member on the Yaris forum I'm on about ECU/turbo tuning for my MS3 as he seemed to know quite a bit. I asked how I could flash the ECU to allow for higher turbo boost. This is the response I got from him....

Well you would need to know some tuning basics, or have a map made by people that have the same car... gladly there are a bunch of people out there....

There are sites such as www.openecu.org that have programs that flash directly to the chip that is in your car through the OBD II port. All you would need is a Tactrix cable to do this, but somebody might have came up with an easier solution. What is good about this cable is that it is $200 and if you have a friend with a subaru or mitsu, you can tune their car for $200 and cover the cost of the cable easily.

http://www.piasiniengineering.it i think does Mazda 3 you should message him and ask, but if you do some forum research you should be able to figure it out easy enough from openecu.

if you have any other questions just let me know...

I'm just wondering if any of you MS3 drivers have heard of this, or have done it yourself, and how easy/safe this is to do. I don't want to break or damage my car, but the bonuses of squeezing some extra PSI from the turbo really intrigues me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ECU tuning.

you asked, you got answers. here u go, thats the one you looking for. i worried the same, thats why i stay away from it. simple thought, you want the warranty, dont mod.
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22171

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RX9 View Post
    you asked, you got answers. here u go, thats the one you looking for. i worried the same, thats why i stay away from it. simple thought, you want the warranty, dont mod.
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22171
    yeah i agree, i wouldn't touch that open stuff when i have a perfectly good ap on its way

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. That little thing sounds great. I just don't have that kind of money right now. I'll have to see if someone would tune my MS3 when they get it for a small fee. Thanks for the link/info.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats first gern, just wait for few months for the upgrade version, they gonna be better and cheaper after all kind of feed backs.
    my car just got over 1000km now, not too rush for ecu mod, enjoy the stock for a while.

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I have just over 10,000kms now. Passed that mark on Saturday. I do enjoy the car, and I love the sound it makes with the valve and CAI, but I don't know...I just want a little something more. Other than ECU tuning, I see the cp-e TBE as my next upgrade, but that's $1300 plus tax and shipping and labour for install. I probably wont have that much spare money until fall or so.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    Yea, I have just over 10,000kms now. Passed that mark on Saturday. I do enjoy the car, and I love the sound it makes with the valve and CAI, but I don't know...I just want a little something more. Other than ECU tuning, I see the cp-e TBE as my next upgrade, but that's $1300 plus tax and shipping and labour for install. I probably wont have that much spare money until fall or so.
    pm UU (on #3 this thread), i think hes saling his CP-E. or MPS has a new set lying around.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    I am interested in swapping cbe's plus cash, toying with that idea or welding in a reasonator into my cpe cbe