Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: law about lowering the car

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: law about lowering the car

I think Skarboro mentioned these issues sometimes fall in the "gray area", and i would have to agree...

some of you know my car was found and fully repaired (finally). I had the Mazdaspeed struts/springs installed and my insurance company replaced them with no questions. i never told them i had it installed, but they didn't question it.
    2005 Mazda 3 Sedan - Indigo Blue
    2010 MazdaSpeed 3 - Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rolla View Post
    I think Skarboro mentioned these issues sometimes fall in the "gray area", and i would have to agree...

some of you know my car was found and fully repaired (finally). I had the Mazdaspeed struts/springs installed and my insurance company replaced them with no questions. i never told them i had it installed, but they didn't question it.
    What company are you with..................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to be careful with stuff like that. Sometimes the claims adjuster will pay for aftermarket replacements without notifying the underwriter. You are still obligated to let the underwriter know about your mods - whose opinion of the matter could be quite different. But in this case, you can still take a *chance* and not tell them.
    2006 Mazda 3 Sport GT●Black Mica●Manual●Sunroof

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    I understand your concern and you do pose an interesting dilemma. It's not just Mazda but many other car manufacturers are offering performance components at the point of sale and during regular scheduled car service.

I've emailed my insurance agent with a whole list of questions relating to what we've been talking about here in order to get some guidance on this. I've just received this email response.

This happens to be a perfect time to ask as we are working through those details. There is much to be said about "modified" cars right now. If you don't mind, I will take some time to go through each of your questions and get back to you with concise answers.

Off hand, however, I would like to mention that Echelon Insurance is now providing coverage for "Modified or Customized Autos" commonly referred to as Street Rods or Customs. The vehicles must be over 15 years old. I will send you a brochure today with respect to that coverage.

As for the rest, I will contact you at the first of the week with a concise answer.

Thank you,
    Sandy
    Hey Cardinal Fang,

I was just wondering if you ever got a response back from your insurance person? I'm just curious to see their answers.

Thanks again

David

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post This is the best investment of your time - watch this lecture

Quote Originally Posted by REZXPERT View Post
    sorry, but hearing that kinda shit boils my blood. total intimidation. i remember being pulled over years ago (driving a car other than Mazda) - for driving with a "loud" exhaust. i won't mention the two harleys driving ahead of me. york region cops have the highest dick per capita rating in Ontario, next to OPP. and Toronto.
    Makes my blood boil too, however, there are a couple of things to be done in such a case.

First thing. He should not be questioning you at length. You have the right not to answer any of his questions. You can ask "Officer, am I being detained?". Or, you can keep asking "Am I free to go, officer?" You could also ask "Officer, do you interrogate everyone who counts money on the street?"

You guys should watch this little video. It's a lecture given by a law professor, and also has a cop give his perspective - both agree, NEVER talk to the police.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

On the subject of him BSing about lowering, you should ask him to cite the law that you broke. And then keep asking "Am I free to go, or are you detaining me?"

Here is another video clip that's worth watching very much. It's a bit longer (45 minutes), but do watch it.

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

While all these videos are from the US, much of it applies here.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: This is the best investment of your time - watch this lecture

Quote Originally Posted by gta_driver View Post
    Makes my blood boil too, however, there are a couple of things to be done in such a case.

First thing. He should not be questioning you at length. You have the right not to answer any of his questions. You can ask "Officer, am I being detained?". Or, you can keep asking "Am I free to go, officer?" You could also ask "Officer, do you interrogate everyone who counts money on the street?"

You guys should watch this little video. It's a lecture given by a law professor, and also has a cop give his perspective - both agree, NEVER talk to the police.

On the subject of him BSing about lowering, you should ask him to cite the law that you broke. And then keep asking "Am I free to go, or are you detaining me?"

Here is another video clip that's worth watching very much. It's a bit longer (45 minutes), but do watch it.

interesting, which don't apply?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 740 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gta_driver View Post

Its true dont talk to cops. actually a guy at my work showed me those videos. its amazing what you dont realize and are just helping out police, they will find something to charge you with even if you had nothing against you. Some people (as that one guy who was locked up for 16 years before they found out he was completely innocent of a murder and that cost the court 8Million, read that in the papers.) Never talk to cops, because if you say the wrong thing they will get you to basically say something when they start questioning you because you are nervous and will say anything at any time. those 2 videos taught me a few things for sure.
    They say I'm an addict but I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I'm an addict because I can't live without bass. Car audio is my addiction. And it will never change.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginalusername View Post
    +1
    resident "Bouncer"; all-around nice guy ...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginalusername View Post
    I added that as a disclaimer since the videos are from the US, and we do not exactly have identical laws.

It's my understanding that pretty much everything learned from those videos can be transferred to Canada and used here.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

York regional cops are ****ing losers.
    OPP is next in line to being jack asses.
    Peel is just something to LOL at.

My brothers in TPS, and I will be too Toronto Police for the win!
    Drive it like you stole it...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see cops up here in midland arent all that bad, i play hockey with nearly 50% of the local police force, and their all ok guys, won't pull you over for dumb reasons and hassle you, although there are definitely a few on there who seem they have something to prove. The OPP centre in town is full of a**holes though who have a bone to pick with anyone who drives a better car then their kia accents civillian cars. But for the most part, our midland municipal cops are good.
    2013 Mazda 3 GS Sport Sky CWP
    20% tints
    6000k HIDs
    18" RX8's Wrapped in Sumitomos

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gta cops have more important things to deal with like stabbings. YR cops are really tight though

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234